Author's Chapter Notes:
More chapters coming up. Hope its interesting enough. I’m not sure of the ratings. But I think this chapter is PG-13.
Chapter 2 : Where is Spike?

Disclaimer : Joss Whedon owns the characters. Atleast most of them. I’m continuing the story which didn’t end when he finished. Just want to have an ending.




Spike is killing everything on sight with his right hand clutching the sword as if it is the only thing he had left in this world. He knew he will not survive in this battle and he doesn’t expect to. He always wanted to be gone as a fighting hero and this will be the one in the end. He is fighting beside his grandsire as always have been. He didn’t know if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

Angel and Spike are close to each other and far from Illyria. They know that she can take care of herself. So they just focused on the battle in front of them. Angel noticed that Gunn was nowhere to be found so he got worried for a minute. So he looked at the only member of his team he can see.

“Spike. Can you see Gunn anywhere?”

“Sorry Boss. Charlie boy went down taking out some of the demons along with him.”

Angel seemed a bit fluttered by that statement but regained himself back into the fighting mode.

“I guess this is how we are going to die. Well I for one don’t have any regrets. Do you?” Angel questioned Spike.

“My regret is Not Killing you when I had the chance forehead. Still don’t know why I didn’t. And also leaving my girl to that poncy Immortal to enjoy for the rest of her life.” Spike angered for a minute about the thought of Buffy with Immortal and slaughtered some of the demons in front of them.

“I know what you mean. You and I do not agree on many things but this one is certainly one of them that we agree upon” Angel looked forward at the demons while slaughtering and told Spike.

“Do you remember the battle we had in West Virginia with the town people?” Spike smiled as he remembered the battle with them. He looked at Angel and saw the same thought running in his mind. “Same plan?” Spike asked Angel. Angel nodded in agreement. Both of them spread apart and attacked the demons from the sides. The demon army in front of them splitted into two groups to fight both vampires. At the same moment, Spike and Angel started to battle through the groups splitting them into four and joining in the middle. Then they started use the confusion of the demons to their advantage and started to slaughter them from the inside. Some of the demons tried to attack the vampires but missed and killed the other demons. It was a slaughter house but Angel and Spike didn’t give up. They killed many demons and took a moment of break when all the groups were demolished. Angel glanced up at the flying dragon now coming closer to them. Spike saw the look in Angel’s face and mocked at him.

“What? Tall Dark and Forehead can’t seem to slay the dragon huh?” Angel looked pissed for a moment.

“Give me a moment to think what to do you will you?” Angel looked around and saw the giant troll walking towards them. He looked at Spike. Spike saw the plan in his eyes and he looked at the troll too.

“You go after the big guy. I’ll go after my dragon” Spike nodded in agreement. Angel moved away from the crowd to the building close by to hold on to the pipe to reach to the roof. He was there in a minute with his vampire speed and although he was hurt and needs a long day rest, he was determined to take down the dragon. He reached the top and looked at the dragon flying towards him. He was ready for it to attack him. But he failed to look at Spike who was running through the demon army towards the troll. Spike was killing the demons and tried to reach the big guy. The demons tried to rip him out and if he was a mortal human, he would have been dead a long time ago. But with his vampire strength and determination on taking out the big guys, he didn’t fall down. He was near the end of the alley close to the troll. Then only he realized how big the troll actually is. It was huge and close to the height of the building next to it. He saw the portal that W&H has opened to destroy Angel and his friends. He didn’t know how to close it. But he wanted to kill the demons that came through it. He got hold of an axe from the demon that lay down on the ground and threw it right to the feet of the troll. It gave a loud growl and started to walk towards him.

Meanwhile, Angel was trying to hold on to his end. He was struggling with the dragon since it was breathing fire which would incinerate him. He had to take cover from it in the roof and attacked it whenever it is close to his reach. It flew very close to him once trying to get hold of him. He jumped away from its claws and dropped his sword on the way of his escape. He saw the dragon turning around towards him and he didn’t have time to get hold of his sword. He thought that would be the end of him, When the dragon closed in on him, he saw another fireball hitting the dragon square on the back. It gave a loud screech and looked at its attacker. Angel saw Willow flying in the air with lightening running through her body. She seemed like she was in a trance but he saw her throw another fireball towards the dragon. It escaped from it but got distracted from Angel.

Spike has reached the end of the alley and climbed onto the contruction building close to the troll. He jumped through the steps and ran up so he could reach to the top of the building. He saw a metal bar hanging outside the building swinging in the air. He got an idea to attack the troll. He ran towards the bar and jumped on it. The rope barely held onto his weight along with the heavy metal bar. He started to swing the bar in the air and when he got enough momentum, he chopped the rope with his sword and flew along with the bar towards the troll. It went in real speed and before the troll noticed it, the bar struck it right in the eye. Spike jumped from the bar before the impact onto the troll. He reached the head of the troll and shouted out in delight “Square one to the eye”.

Then he used all the strength he had left in his body and slammed the sword into the head of the troll. The skin was hard and thick but with the vampire strength, he managed to get through into its brain. The troll gave a loud scream which almost shaked the ground like an earth quake. Most of the demons nearby saw what happened and started to advance towards Spike and the troll. It seemed like the troll was their leader of the attack. Just then another dragon flew from the portal and right towards Spike. Spike didn’t notice it since it came from behind. He was thinking of getting the troll to fall front and get some demons squashed on the way. Suddenly he felt something closing by and just when he turned around, he saw the dragon breath out fire through its mouth. Before he could react, he was burning up along with the troll who was dying from the impact of Spike’s sword.

Spike saw a lot of flashes in his eyes before he died. He saw himself writing the poem for Cecily. He saw the alley where Drusilla turned him into a vampire. He saw his first introduction to the team. He saw the tortures he did along with Angelus. He saw his mother dying in front of his eyes. He saw himself coming to Sunnydale broken by Drusilla leaving him. He saw the love he felt for Buffy from the dreams. He saw her jumping into the portal and dying. He saw her kissing him after the music show. He saw her having sex with him in the building falling. He saw the pain he caused when he tried to rape her. He saw himself fighting for the soul he wanted. He saw her telling him how good he has become. He saw her telling him ‘I believe in you Spike’ He saw him holding her before the battles with the First. He saw her looking at him in the last minute when the school basement beginning to collapse and saying ‘I love you’. He felt her hand in his and he came back to reality and said ‘I love you too Buffy’ and burnt in the fire along with the troll. The troll collapsed in front and burnt up some of the demons and laid on the ground.

TBC