--


After much brooding and several internal debates, Angel decided not to go to Sunnydale.

Buffy was strong; she could probably handle Spike and some new vampire. If she needed his help, which she most likely didn't, she would call him. Or Giles would call him. Buffy had fought Spike before and won. But then again, it had always been a close fight.

Angel shook away thoughts like that.

He couldn't over think this too much. If he did, he'd end up making himself nervous and going down to Sunnydale to watch Buffy from the shadows and the shrubs and she'd end up finding out somehow and she'd get annoyed and come down to L.A. to try and sort things out. Again.

And he couldn't have Buffy making an appearance right now. He needed to be as emotionless as possible and seeing her would unearth all those feelings he was attempting to keep buried.

Angel gave himself a mental shake and grabbed his coat. He had to pay another visit to Anne at the shelter.

--= * =-- --= * =-- --= * =--

Buffy moaned as she was shoved up against the crypt wall, Spike's tongue plundering her mouth. Her hands twisted themselves into his hair, if possible, deepening the kiss.

Her legs came up and encircled his waist, her back stabilized by the wall. She moaned as he managed to get her shirt off, and her hands started working on his pants.

He broke the kiss and began leaving a trail of bruising kisses down her throat, which started underneath her earlobe and continued down to the middle of her chest, which was now sans bra, her hands back in his hair.

After they had managed to strip each other of any and all clothing, Spike pulled Buffy back into a kiss, pushing her down onto the bed in the process.

--= * =-- --= * =-- --= * =--

Later that night, Buffy lay spooned against a sleeping Spike, his fangs embedded in the crook of her neck, not near her jugular. He had his game face on, but it wasn't a deep bite. It was an act similar to holding one's hand as one slept.

Buffy was content--and not just post-coital content--lying with Spike's arms around her and with his fangs in her neck. She had dreamed of finding a state of peace since she became the Slayer, and now, ironically enough, she had found it in the arms of a vampire.

Buffy, still awake, thought about this, among other things.

She had a bloodline now. Neither her nor Spike had fully realized that she was now part of a line that included some of the most famous vampires that ever existed. She never thought she'd look at Drusilla and think "grandsire". It's funny how things work out. Oh yeah, that made Angel her great-grandsire Weird. Oh god, Angel. How the hell am I gonna explain this to him? Damnit.

Eventually, she decided that she'd talk to Angel when she had to or if he ever came to visit her. Whichever came first.

She relaxed her arms over Spike's and her thoughts drifted to when she was turned.