--


Author's Note: Another time jump: I left you at the end of "I Was Made to Love You" on my timeline. Now we're at the end of "Intervention". I'm not so good at tragedy so I kinda skipped the parts on Joyce's death.

--= * =-- --= * =-- --= * =--

Buffy, in demon visage, Xander, and Giles helped carry an almost unconscious Spike back to his crypt via the sewer system to avoid the sunlight. Buffy had been frantic when she saw the state Glory had left him in.

As they approached the sewer entrance to his crypt, Buffy released him momentarily to kick the door open. Then they managed to get him up the stairs and lay him on the sarcophagus.

"Could you guys get some blood for him?" Buffy asked Xander and Giles. She stood next to the stone sarcophagus, itching to stand closer.

"I'll go," said Xander. He didn't like Spike all that much but he was learning to accept him. Xander noticed that Buffy had been growing closer to Spike, but he just atoned that to the whole sire/childe bond.

"I'll go inform the rest," Giles said. His view was similar to Xander's except that Giles had read in many books that usually sires became romantically involved with their childes. He was worried. He wasn't sure where he stood on letting Buffy get that close to Spike but knew that Buffy would be devastated if she lost him, so Giles had decided to just let this relationship happen. Spike would never hurt her, even though his chip no longer applied to her and, because of the bond, he would do everything to protect her. And vice versa.

Buffy nodded.

"Thanks."

Giles and Xander headed out, one on his way to the butcher shop and one on his way to the Magic Box.

As soon as the door closed, Buffy flew to Spike's side.

"Baby, you still awake?"

"Yeah," Spike said weakly.

She sighed and closed her eyes. She had been on the verge of hysterical before, so much that while fighting Glory's minions, she had vamped. Now that Spike was safe, she was calming down. Her face returned to normal.

"Worried about me?" He said with a small smile.

She opened her now-hazel eyes.

"Yes," she said before leaning over and kissing him softly on the lips, not wanting to hurt him.

"You ever going to tell them 'bout us?" he asked lightly as he closed his swollen eyes.

"I'm sorry. I will...I just don't want everyone to know yet. But it's not like I'm...you know...ashamed or anything..."

He smiled and opened his eyes to look at her.

"I'm beginning to think you just get off on sneaking about."

She let out a small laugh.

"Well, I think Tara and Willow suspect something. Dawn definitely knows. I'm not really sure about Anya and Giles, but I doubt that Xander's figured it out. Maybe they'll just all figure it out on their own."

Buffy kept talking as she tried to make Spike comfortable. A few minutes later, he drifted into unconsciousness.

Buffy kissed him on the forehead and sat on the floor, her back against the stone sarcophagus, and waited for Xander to return.

--= * =-- --= * =-- --= * =--

Back at Glory's now battle-scarred apartment, Jinx and Murk attempted to explain to Glory what happened.

"The Slayer was there," Jinx said.

"A lethal fighter," Murk added.

"She seemed to be everywhere at once."

"She had friends. With many weapons!"

"She seemed to be a demon herself."

Glory smiled innocently.

"And where's my vampire?" She said with a slight edge to her voice.

The demons looked at each other and began to stammer before falling to the floor in deep bows.

"Forgive us oh splendiferous one! But we have new information," Murk said desperately.

"Great, more information. What is it?" Glory said with an irritated sigh.

"It appears that the Slayer is now a vampire," Jinx said.

Glory faltered for second.

"Seriously?"

Murk and Jinx nodded furiously. Glory smiled.

This /was/ news. She was already thinking of ways to use this new info to her advantage.