Chapter 5-

An hour later, Lorne entered Angel’s office, cheerful as always, he was going on about the hottest thing in show business. All Angel heard was ramble. He wished that Lorne would leave, he just wasn’t up to visitors right now. Especially after Spike graced him with his presence.

“Hey sweet cheeks,” Lorne plopped himself in a chair across from Angel’s desk.

Looking up Angel said, “Oh hey Lorne!”

“Oh hey Lorne?” Lorne asked sitting forward. “Is that all you got to say to little old me?”

“Sorry Lorne. Just been having one of those days.”

“Care to elaborate, Angel cake?”

Angel set his file down, and leaned back into his chair, his arms crossed behind his head. “Spike being his annoying self.”

“That’s not what’s got you so upset!”

“I have to be careful I don’t say it because a certain annoying grandchild will hear.”

Lorne looked around and then back at Angel. “He’s not here now.”

“Buffy is coming back.”

“Oh,” supplied Lorne, shocked. “So that’s what’s gotcha in a huffy.” Lorne could tell that this bothered Angel and he wanted to help.

“Well, let little ole Lorne help you.”

“Thanks Lorne, but she doesn’t want our help.”

“That may be true Angelkins, but you’ve got to change that.”

“She’s going to ream me a new one,” Said Angel, ignoring Lorne.

“That’s possible, Angel baby, but it’s something that has to be dealt with.”

“I know.” Angel sighed. “I just don’t know how.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next day first Buffy and then Dawn stepped onto the tarmac. Neither of them ever dreamed that they’d be back in California this soon. They were content just living the rest of their lives out in Europe, that was until they were told about Spike.

Dawn noticed that there was a limo waiting for them and she pointed it out to Buffy, who already had seen it. Giles had made all the arrangements before the girls left for their trip. He wanted to accompany them, but Buffy wanted to go alone. Dawn wouldn’t hear of it, she insisted on going even after Buffy said no. She finally gave in at the last minute, and Giles sent Andrew along with them for slayer business.

“Buffy, look, a limo.”

“I see it, Dawn.” Buffy walked closer to the limo.

“Ms Summers?” The driver asked. He was about 6ft tall, good looking, and looked to be early twenties. He had long blonde hair that was pulled back into a ponytail. Dawn noticed him right away. She smiled and he smiled back.

Andrew came out of the plane a few moments later, draped with the girls and his bags. Buffy and Dawn rolled their eyes as he bumbled down the steps and over to them.

“Yes, I’m Ms Summers.” Buffy replied as the driver opened the door. He took the bags from Andrew, waited until the young man got seated before closing the door. The driver then proceeded to load the luggage into the trunk then took his place behind the wheel.

“Where to?”

Buffy looked at Dawn, she wanted to see Spike first, but then there was Angel who needed to dealt with. Looking back up at the driver responded, holding back her distaste.

“Wolfram and Hart please.”

“What?” Dawn turned to Buffy. “You can’t be serious!”
“I’m dead serious, Dawn,” Buffy told her sister. “I have to see Angel. At least to find out where Spike is.”

“What’s the point?” “Angel isn’t on our side anymore,” Andrew tried reasoning with Buffy. “He’ll just lie to you. I’m sure of it!”

“I have to go, I have to understand why he just didn’t tell me that Spike was alive.”

“What about Spike?” “When are we going to see him?” Dawn wondered, trying to hold back her excitement. She was exactly nice to him back in Sunnydale, but she’d forgiven him and hoped he’d accept her apology.

“As soon as I take care of Angel, find out where Spike is, then we’ll go.” Truth was, Buffy was scared to see Spike after all this time. He had died and now he was alive. She was more than happy that he was alive, but seeing him again, it was a little too much, to fast. Seeing Angel first would be the best option, she could truly be able to tell what she thought of him, then she’d be ready to see Spike. At least that’s what she’d been telling herself on the way to W&H.

TBC