Chapter 6-

Twenty minutes later, the limo pulled up in front of the sky rise of Wolfram & Hart. Buffy dreaded going in at that very moment, but it was something she had to do.

The door opened and Buffy, and her sister stepped out. Andrew stayed behind, slayer business to attend to, he told Buffy before the limo pulled up. She took a deep breath as she and Dawn walked up to the doors.

Once inside, the headed for the elevator. Andrew explained to them what they should expect when they walk in, and what floor they should go to.

In the elevator, Dawn pushed the 13th floor, the doors closed, and they waited until the elevator stopped again. Neither of them said anything until the doors opened a few moments later.

“Are you sure about this?” Dawn asked, placing a hand on her sisters shoulder, stopping her.

“No, I’m not,” Buffy replied. “Oh you got to be joking,” she said sarcastically, seeing the first thing as she stepped out of the elevator. “Cause, so not funny!”

Dawn didn’t say anything, and held back a snicker. Buffy and her sister walked past Harmony, but the vampire quickly stepped in front of her.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Harmony asked.

“Get out of my way.” Was Buffy’s reply

“Do you have an appointment?” Harmony asked.

“I’m here to see Angel.” Buffy held firm. She wasn’t about to let this blonde bimbo annoy her today.

“Don’t think I’m just gonna let you in that easily,” held Harmony.

Buffy tried walking around her, but Harmony was quick to stop her yet again.

“Get out of my way now, or I’ll stake you,” Buffy said, pointedly.

Harmony tried stopping her again as Buffy tried getting by, but Dawn stepped in front of the blonde vampire and Buffy was able to slip into Angel’s office without any harm.

“Don’t even think about it, blondie.” Dawn pushed Harmony back. She opened her jacket and flashed several stakes, just in case a situation would arise.

Harmony growled and her eyes turned amber for a second. “Fine!” She whined stomping back to her desk. Dawn smiled, satisfied, and walked into the office a few seconds after Buffy.

Once she got into the office, Buffy stood there with her arms over chest, taping her toes. Dawn leaned up against the door, waiting for Buffy to speak, but Angel had been on the phone, his chair turned away from her sister. Harmony was to scared to let Angel know that Buffy and Dawn were there, waiting for him.

“Ok. Ok. I’ll get something set up,” was Angel’s last words before turning the chair around, setting the phone on the hook. He looked up, “Buffy! Dawn!” Angel was definitely surprised to see them.

“Surprised to see us,” Buffy said with ice to her voice. Angel sat uncomfortably silent for a few moments before speaking

“Buffy.” Angel stood up and went around his desk.

“Don’t even.” Buffy put her hand out to him. Angel stopped quickly. He knew this was going to happen. He went back towards his desk and sat down on it.

“I sure am going to like this,” Dawn muttered. Buffy turned around and glared at her sister. “What?” Dawn smiled as she looked at Angel. “Yep. Going to like this!”

Angel crossed arms on his chest, waiting for Buffy to speak.

“Where the hell is he?” Was all Buffy asked, glaring at Angel.

Angel knew full well what she meant. He dreaded this more than anything.

“WHERE THE HELL IS HE?” Buffy asked again, clenching and unclenching her fists.

When Angel didn’t answer, Buffy was right in his face, ready to do what was necessary.

“Ok. Ok! Spike lives about a mile from here, I could take you if you’d like,” Angel said, hoping that Buffy wouldn't do anything rash.

“No thanks, we’ll manage just fine!” Buffy said, snidely.

“Harmony will give you the address then.” Angel went to his desk and buzzed Harmony.

“Yeah boss?” Came through the intercom.

“Give Buffy Spike’s address.”

“What?”

“JUST DO IT!” Angel yelled.

“Ok, fine!” Harmony said defeated, before cutting the conversation.

Buffy and Dawn turned to walk out, but Buffy stopped, and turned around. She had to know. It was nagging at her.

“Why?”

“Why what?” Angel asked, not sure what she meant.

“You had plenty of time to tell me, why didn’t you?” Buffy asked softly, although her anger was rising quickly.

“You gave me that song and dance about cookie dough,” Angel began slowly.

“With you not being done and all.” “I didn’t think, I guess, I didn’t know there was more,” Angel told her honestly, “but you said he was in your heart.”

“At that point, I really didn’t know what I wanted,” said Buffy, holding back tears. “I did care about him, but I honestly never realized I had feelings for him.”

She paused looking down, the tears spilling over. “He was right…He was right the whole time.” “I never had a chance to tell him…when he did that thing for me…for all of us, I just knew he was the one.” “Then he came back,”

Buffy stopped, looking Angel in the eyes, anger boiling over.

“Then you didn’t tell me!” “How could you!” She stepped closer to him.

“I had a right to know!” She grabbed the lapels of his jacket. “I HAD A RIGHT TO KNOW, ANGEL!” “I COULD HAVE BEEN WITH HIM THIS WHOLE TIME!” “YOU RUINED IT FOR ME. FOR SPIKE! WHY?”

Angel didn’t respond, Buffy’s fist clinched up, and then back, smashing into Angel’s face. Angel went flying through his office floor window from the force of the punch. After Angel landed with a thud, Buffy felt better than she ever had in a very long time. Dawn smiled the whole way through. She felt good that her sister was able to release all that anger and tension she was holding up inside of her.

Wes happened to walk into the office, walking right past Dawn, not paying attention to where Angel was. “Angel,” said Wesley, reading a file he had brought with him.

“I think you should look…” Wes looked at Buffy, surprised to see her.

“Buffy! What are you doing here?” He looked at the window, where Angel was just getting up.

“Did I just walk in on something?” He looked at Angel and then at Buffy, unsure of what just happened.

Dawn crossed the room to her sister. “She just took care of some business.” She stopped next to Buffy.

“Dawn is it?” Wes asked.

“Yes,” She put her hand on her sisters shoulder, letting her know she was there. “Buffy, I think we better go, we’ve taken up enough of Angel’s time.”

Buffy hadn’t moved, she was shooting Angel daggers. Or in Angel’s case, stakes. She was watching Angel slowly get up and come into the office.

He couldn’t blame her. He had lied for months. He could very well have told her, but it wasn’t his secret to tell, that’s what Angel had told himself over and over, knowing full well how much they went through together. Deep down, way down, he knew that she loved Spike. He never would or could for that matter, admit it.

Angel was about to apologize once again, when Dawn spoke up.

“Come on, Buffy.” Dawn nudged her sister along. Together they walked out of Angel’s office, and proceeded over to Harmony’s desk to get Spike’s address. Buffy was feeling a lighter. All that tension and hurting that had built up over the months had finally passed. A small smile crept along her face. She was happy for the first time in a long time. She’d be happier when she got to Spike, and saw him safe.

Buffy grabbed the piece of paper but Harmony wouldn’t let go. She still wanted Spike, even though she knew she never had a chance with him. Dawn opened up her jacket once again, and Harmony shut her mouth quickly letting go of the paper. She sat back down and pretended like she was working, like she always does.

Arriving in the lobby they exited the building and were surprised to find Andrew and the limo waiting for them.

Once inside, Dawn gave the address to Spike’s apartment to the driver. Soon they’d be in front at Spikes. Buffy was sure she was doing the right thing.

TBC