Chapter 7-

The black limo pulled up in front of the building, as Buffy rolled down the window. It was an old factory recently remolded into new apartments. Buffy suddenly got nervous, and pulled herself back inside.

“What’s the matter?” asked Dawn, worriedly.

“I don’t think this is such a good idea,” admitted Buffy, tears threatening to spill over.

“Don’t you want to see Spike?” Andrew asked, sliding over to Buffy.

“Oh yes, more than you know,” Buffy answered honestly.

“I’m just not sure he wants to see me.” She said quietly.

“He could have come to me, months ago, and yet, he never showed up.”

“Buffy,” Andrew began, patting her hand in a comforting manor, “Spike does love you, he just wanted you to be happy.” “With him out of the picture, that’s what he thought he was doing for you.”

Buffy sniffled and smiled at the same time. “All right,” she finally said. “Let’s go see Spike.” Buffy opened the door, and she and Dawn stepped out.

“I’ll be right here waiting,” Andrew told them as he closed the door.

The sisters each took a deep breath before entering the building.

“Which way now?” Dawn asked, looking over Buffy’s shoulder and at the piece of paper her sister was holding.

There was a sign to the right that said ‘Apartments 1-4 Down the steps’. “That way,” Buffy pointed as she started walking down the steps, Dawn followed her sister.

A few moments later Buffy stopped in front of apartment 1C.

“Is this it?” Dawn asked.

Buffy shook her head yes, and Dawn knocked. They didn’t even realize Spike would still be sleeping at this time. Several minutes went by and Spike didn’t answer.

“Well, he’s not here, let’s go,”

Buffy started to walk away. Dawn pulled her sister back when she heard muffled curse words and a stumble or two. Dawn snickered. Soon the door opened. Spike was clad only in a pair of black jeans. He didn’t even pay attention to who graced his doorstep.

“What the bloody hell do you want?” He asked. “Do you even know what the bleedin’ time is?” His thick British accent softened when he saw the most important people in his life.
“Buffy, Dawn?” He didn't know if he was dream or not. Blinking a few times, he realized that they were indeed real.

“Spike,” Dawn said his name. She was surprised. She was excited. She was happy. She was all of the above.

“How are you?” She leaned in and hugged him. All that happened between them before, just wasn’t important, now that he was here, hugging her. He was real. He was alive. That’s all that mattered to her.

He stepped back, looked at Buffy. Fresh tears sprang to her eyes.

“SPIKE!” She sobbed as she jumped into his arms.

“Pet, s’ok.” He rubbed her back. “S’ok. I’m here now. I’ll never leave you again.”

“Promise.” was her muffled response.

“Yes, I promise.”

She stepped out of his arms. “I love you.” She said it for the first time. “I never want to lose you again…It was horrible…I thought it would be ok to live life without you, but I realized I loved you, and I couldn’t be without you.”

Spike smiled and brought Buffy in for embrace, never wanting to let go over her again. Dawn just smiled. She snuck back to the limo giving them the privacy they deserved.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A week later, Angel gave Spike a new identity in exchange for never coming back to L.A. again. Spike had accepted as long as he could have Angel’s blessing to marry Buffy. At first Angel didn’t want to, but Spike persuaded him and finally Angel agreed.

When Spike proposed, Buffy knew exactly what it was he was trying to say. She happily accepted, and they were married soon after. The wedding wasn’t anything spectacular. Just married by a justice of the peace, arranged by Angel of course.

Spike insisted that they get married in a lavish wedding in Rome. It didn’t matter, as long as she was with Spike.
Dawn and Andrew left the previous day in hopes of setting up a wedding reception for the newly married couple, in secret of course.

Buffy and Spike boarded the plane as Mr. And Mrs. William March, soon they would be heading into their future together. There was going to be some heavy explaining to her friends, but it was worth it as long as they were together, forever.

THE END