Later that evening, Angel was staring out the window of his penthouse, looking at the vastness that was LA, thinking about what Andrew had said. Buffy had lost all trust in him. He didn’t know how he’d ever make that up to her, or if he could at all.

He was trying to make a difference, but some how he wasn’t quite sure if he was, even after all this time. He was slowly losing his conviction. Angel didn’t know if he’d be able to help himself, let alone the people that needed him.

The elevator opened up, and out stepped Wesley. He was worried about Angel; no one had seen the chiseled chinned vampire since he left Spike’s hospital room. The bookish demon slayer figured that he’d find his boss sulking in his penthouse, and he was right. The big vamp was so preoccupied with his thoughts he never even heard his friend enter the room.

“Angel,” Wes tapped him on the shoulder.

Angel turned around, startled. “When did you come in?” Angel asked, surprised.

“A few minutes ago…didn’t you hear me?”
“No, I guess not; please sit down.” Finding a place to rest they say; quiet, wordless, each waiting for the other to speak.

“Angel,” Wes began, unsure of what he wanted to say. “Are we really making a difference here?” “Cause I just don’t know if we are.”

“What?” Angel wasn’t sure how to respond. This took him by surprise; he never figured that anyone would question the decisions he was making, especially his friends.

“Do you think we’re making a difference here?” Wes asked, regretting asking the question. Angel wasn’t looking so good, and didn’t want to press further in case his friend and boss decided to go off on him.

“I just don’t know,” Angel answered honestly. “I thought we were, but I don’t know what to think anymore.” “I just don’t have the drive to do this anymore; not since we took over Wolfram and Hart.”

Angel stood up and went to the window, looking out over L.A. once again. It was where he found peace when he didn’t think he had. Wesley sat there stunned, he didn’t know if he should respond, but he did understand where Angel was coming from. He too had lost his conviction but he still went on, helping the helpless. But it didn’t mean anything anymore, not like it had. They’d been seduced by Wolfram and Hart and Wesley didn’t know if they’d be able to get out from under it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Andrew bid farewell to the slayers before boarding a plane to London. Dana had been given a sedative so she wouldn’t wake up during the flight.

Once he knew she was taken care of he went to his seat in first class. He relaxed a bit. It took every ounce of courage he had to stand up to Angel. He hoped that he didn’t have to run into him again anytime soon. He didn’t know if he could stand up to him.

Smiling to himself Andrew remembered he got that cheap shot at Angel and it made him chuckle. Pulling out his cell he dialed a number and a few minutes later someone answered.

“She’s with me...I had her sedated.” “She should sleep for the rest of the flight.” Andrew listened to the caller at the other end before speaking once again.

“Something has come to my attention, I…We need to see Buffy, right away…I can’t tell you right now…No. It’s a matter that can not be discussed over the phone.”

He tried sounding like a real watcher, but he didn’t fool anyone, especially the person on the other in of the phone.

“No, it’s something that she’ll want to hear in person…I’m really not supposed to say anything…I was asked not to say anything, but it’s something she deserves to know.” “I am not at liberty to say, sir.”

Andrew held the phone out from his ear as the caller begun yelling.

“But I don’t think I can keep it from her.” Andrew squealed in excitement.

“Sorry. Its just exciting news.” “Oh, what the heck, Spike’s alive…Mr. Giles are you ok?” Giles had taken a drink at that very moment and begun to choke on it.

“Yes, I’m serious; I wouldn’t lie about this, not about Spike.” Andrew said with a big grin, thinking about Spike. He sat there quietly for a long moment. Another yell. “Oh sorry sir, ok fine, bye.” Andrew flipped the phone shut.

Giles yelled once or twice to get Andrew to listen and then proceeded tell him that they’d discuss what would be done when Andrew landed. Placing his cell back in his jacket, Andrew finally relaxed, and slowly drifted off to sleep.