Author's Chapter Notes:
a quick up date as i have written a way ahead. hope you enjoy. please feedback it feeds my muse
Dear Aunt Elizabeth

Help, Robert, Duke of Angus turned up again, and caused a little trouble. And that’s putting it mildly. Seemingly as I’m divorced, no other man will have me and I should be lucky he’s thinking of taking me as his MISTRESS. Not wife you understand, I’m not good enough for that. Soiled goods, as he put it. He then tried to force his way into my suite, luckily Oz was coming up to see William about something. For a little guy Oz is tough. Robert towers over him, but Oz managed to get the pair of us into my suite and locked the door. Then called security. All we could hear was Angus blustering outside the door that he was my last chance, and I should be grateful, he then called me a few names I simply can not repeat to you, use your imagination.!!

I did not lead him on, honestly. I was polite and formal, honestly, please don’t sit him near me at any of the upcoming State do’s. I would have to refuse the invite and I am so looking forward to Jamie’s party. Robert was escorted from the hotel and photographed shouting at the guards to get their hands off of him and ‘do you know who I am?’

William turned up after it was all over, he’d been at the pool teaching the twins to swim. Halli and Sarah were still down there with the babies, thank goodness.

William went all Spike on Oz, because he found me on the sofa in the sitting room, crying my eyes out with a wonderful black eye. Robert managed to get a couple of hits in. Can you imagine what he’d be like in private? William thought Oz had hurt me, and we had to hold him back, and by the time we’d explained what had happened, Angus was safely away to the police station. He’s being deported tomorrow.

Any room for him in the tower? Please?

Seems William still does really care for me; after he had apologised to Oz, he called the doctor and had me checked out. Bruised ribs, and a black eye. William is swearing vengeance at the moment, I thought I’d better let you know. I’m fine, though. We told the babies I’d fallen over and hit my eye on the door.
Bye for now,
Buffy




Dear Jamie,
I’m fine, I promise you. Thank you for both the flowers and phone call. I’m glad you have ‘dis-invited’ Robert, I don’t know if I could face him again.

Looking forward to your party. I may have some news myself.
Things are going very well with William. The babies, sorry, twins send their love to their God Daddy.

Take care,
Buffy





Dear Faith,
Well, I did it. Here is a copy of the note I sent to William via Oz just before he went on for the encore on stage. He read it and went red himself. Nearly forgot the words to the song.

Dear Spike,
I am a huge fan of yours. Will you come to my
room tonight after the show? I really want to show you how much I like you, and I like you…
Elizabeth Giles

It worked!!!!
We spent the night making up for lost time. I am one happy lady.
You were right, he was scared. But after the way he cared for me with the Robert incident, I knew I could trust him. But all I seem to have been doing this last year is getting hurt in hotel rooms. I’m not staying in any more. Palaces only from now on, if only I could.
Many thanks from a very tired friend,

Buffy




Dear Dawn,
Good news for me. Please be happy for me.

William and I are back together.

The reason… Robert Angus. I know I should have listened to you, he went absolutely crazy. Seems he wanted me as a girlfriend only. I wasn’t good enough to be his wife. He told me that himself. He tried to attack me, slapped me across the face and told me when we were alone he’d teach me the way to behave. Oz saved me and William went loco. I have a couple of bruises and a rather stunning black eye at the moment. Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle Charles are livid and Robert has been banned from court and had his name put on the gate at Guards (that means he can’t go into the clubs and things in London). Uncle Charles was threatening all sorts at one point. Anyway, William sat up with me and nursed me all night. Kept the nightmares away. Then we really got back together. He truly is the man I should spend the rest of my life with, but we are still taking it very slowly. We don’t want to make any mistakes.

How’s Connor, well I hope. I sent a gift to Angel and Cordy when they got married. I hope it arrived safely. Glad Connor is enjoying his course and I’m glad you’re happy.

Speak to you soon,
Buffy




Dear Aunt Elizabeth,
One happy lady here, he still loves me. I’ll fill you in on all details when I see you next week. More flowers are arriving. The room looks like the inside of a Kew hot house. Wood sorrel (joy), red tulips (declaration of love) and a full blown red rose, which I wore to show that his attentions were welcome.
Buffy




Dear Anya, Xander and Tara,
Hope things are going well at the estate. I know there have been phone calls and stuff but I really wanted to say thank you to Anya and Xander for looking after Traymour so well whilst I ran away. I’m back next week. Hopefully on Thursday. Sarah and Halli will be travelling up with the babies Wednesday, and William and I will follow the next day. William has been asked to do some charity gala or other and has asked me to be his escort. I have said yes, especially as we are now together, together again. Please bring Xander round from his faint. I know him. No I haven’t lost my mind. I think I’ve found it. We have had a terrible two years. With Harmony, the tumour, the arguments and everything. Time to rebuild. I’m asking, no begging you Xander, please be my true friend and support me in this. I know you think I’m making a mistake but it is my mistake to make. I need your support, no hitting, no snide comments, just love from my ‘brother’ please.
It’s quite simple. I love him and he loves me. He’s proven it again and again. Now I choose. My life with or without him in it and I choose in, please don’t do anything to change that. That doesn’t mean you can’t give him the ‘you hurt her and I kill you’ speech, but knowing you, you intended to do that anyway. Seems he’s had it from Uncle Charles and Jamie already.

Must go, we’re off to Windsor for the sound check and the banquet before tonight’s party. Tell Tara and Anya I’m wearing the red silk we bought at London fashion week. Glad Amy made me buy it.

Will write with all the gossip tomorrow.

Buffy





Dear Faith,
All is wonderful here. We had the most marvellous party for Jamie’s thirtieth birthday. The band were fantastic, Spike looked yummy!!! I could, and did, eat him up, and that, girlfriend, is ALL the information you’re getting!

We had a huge banquet in St Georges Hall, its in the medieval, (dating from 1460) part of the castle, there were over a hundred guests and it was very dressy, White tie and full evening gowns. I wore a lovely red Vera Wang halter neck in silk and Willow wore an emerald green empire line dress. It was strange to see the band all dressed up.
The meal was delicious, and the conversation lively. Robert Angus has been blackballed from most of the clubs and societies in London, Uncle Charles let it be known he wasn’t welcome at the Palace, and he is persona non grata.
We then went through into the main hall, where the Dingos had set up in the old Minstrels Gallery, they rocked all night and we danced all night. Amy and Willow sat out quite a few in one of the drawing rooms that had been set aside for talking. Pregnancy is not contusive to partying all night.
I danced and danced, my feet hurt like crazy by the time we got back to our rooms. Aunty Liz had put aside rooms for us all in the Castle as a thank you, just for that night. And as we didn’t finish partying until 4am I was most grateful. We went back to our hotels the next morning.
Spike was still worried his room would be in the dungeon but he finally relaxed. We went down to see the dungeons before leaving just to prove they were incapable of holding prisoners now.
We have talked non-stop. And know our future is together. I think the poor love was just frightened of it all blowing up in his face again so he’s planning to keep the Crypt (what a name for a house) as his permanent base. And the band are recording their next album at the Farm.

The funniest thing happened, though. William was asked to see His Majesty the day after the party, for tea; Aunt Elizabeth and Amy had asked to see me. So we delayed our departure and headed up to the Castle for about four o’clock.
Coming out of the gates, they were shutting for the evening, was the Harridan from the polo match !! Can you believe it? She recognised me, you could tell by the way she looked down her nose at me, and told me that ‘the castle was shut for the evening and tourists had to come back tomorrow’; we kept on walking and headed over to one of the smaller gates and the harridan came over and grabbed my arm, demanding we leave. That woman is unbelievable. The gate was opened by the duty officer, who announced that ‘The Lady of Traymour demands entrance,’ and the huge gate was swung open and we were saluted as we went in. I did ask him what that was all about, cause normally I’m just let in the posturn gate, and it seems the harridan had pi**ed off his staff all afternoon and she needed putting down. By tradition, the Lady Laird of Traymour, who ever she may be, can demand to see the King of Scotland, because so many of them were mistresses to the king in the middle ages. Isn’t family history wonderful?
I went off to find that Amy and Aunt Elizabeth wanted to ask if Sarah fancied heading up the Royal Nursery, seems they didn’t want to steal her from me but really liked the way she handled not only my kids, but wasn’t afraid to put the twins needs above the Prince’s orders. Seems our Sarah has a couple of fans. I’m writing to her today to ask her opinion, but to even be considered is an honour. I’ll ask her and if she says yes the Princess of Wales will formally ask her.

William on the other hand had a very uncomfortable hour with my Uncle asking what his intentions were towards me, and if he was going to honour his promises this time. Uncle Charles was rotten; it’s the only word for it. He stationed soldiers in dress uniform on every corridor my poor love had to walk down and there were four outside his study.

Overkill!!!

I think he threatened to have William’s head next time he upsets me. I know you will all have the ‘hurt her and die’ conversation, but for the King to threaten you must be scary. I mean he doesn’t really have that power any more. If he did I think it more likely that Robert Angus would have lost part of his anatomy.

Talking of which, it seems the Duke of Angus tried to get into his club in London and was turned away. He couldn’t get a table at any of the decent restaurants and even the good hotels were full when he tried to book in. Seems he normally stays at his club, and couldn’t this time. I have to laugh. The pillock thought he was so far above me I was only good enough to be his mistress!!

Back to my poor William, he’s asked me to marry him again and I’ve said yes.

I’ve said yes!!!

He asked Uncle Charles’ permission whilst they were having their meeting, then rang Xander and asked him as well, which I thought was very sweet. I am now sporting a four-carat emerald and diamond ring that would make any Hollywood matron green with envy. He had it especially designed and picked out the emerald especially ‘to match my eyes when I’m happy’.

No hurried Vegas wedding this time. We’re doing it properly, at Traymour, in front of family and friends. A HUGE castle wedding next spring, when Uncle Charles and family are up at Balmoral. Amy’s baby will be safely here and the time is already booked off for them. Uncle Charles has said he will give me away, Xander and James are to act as ushers, Oz is to be best man.

And you will be there. No excuses, girlfriend. April 20th next year, here.
I would love for you to be one of my bridesmaids, don’t worry, no vomit green dresses, I promise, just blood and sacking…as if.

Stella McCartney, who did Amy’s wonderful creation is doing mine and all the bridesmaids dresses.

Take care,
Give Robin my love.
Buffy