Author's Chapter Notes:
finally finished. I have really enjoyed writing this and hope you've enjoyed reading it. many thanks to all those who were kind enough to review.
Dear Jenny,

I hope that the three ladies we have hired to take over from you can cope. Thank you so much for offering to oversee everything. I am so very grateful; it was very selfish of me not to count the months ‘til you were due before starting to plan everything. But you rest. I have hired cleaners to see to your house and you are to relinquish any and all duties you can. Sit on the day bed and sling your orders about like a good girl, or Giles will have my guts for garters before the wedding.
Thank you again.
I need you and Giles to pop into the Solicitors office and sign a couple of papers before the end of the month, nothing important, just setting up a trust fund for Giles junior, and before you complain, it’s traditional. I did it for Anya, and I’m doing it for you. Or would you prefer a nice house? There is a ruined farm house over looking the loch with four acres of gardens. We could have it rebuilt for you both, if you’re agreeable.
Much love as always,
Buffy


Dear Mr Parkinson,

I am delighted that you have been kind enough to offer to pay for my wedding in exchange for exclusive photographs, however my fiancé and I must decline your offer. We have no interest in this sort of publicity and feel it would detract from the day.
Yours Sincerely,
Buffy Giles




Dear Anya,
Just heard about the fire in the village last night. I’m glad no one was hurt, but poor family, to lose your home when you’ve only just moved, I’m just grateful that it was confined to the kitchen and sitting room. I know they are staying in the hotel at the moment, but can you go and see them and fix them up with one of the holiday cottages until things are sorted for them, I also want to get cleaning crews into their house ASAP to rescue anything they can. I’m sorry I can’t be there but need a final fitting for the wedding dress. I’m home tomorrow and will do what I can then. Tell Xander to let the village know that they are to get anything they need, Laird’s request. He’ll understand.
If there is any trouble from the insurance company, contact our solicitors and tell them one of the new houses has had a fire, then tell the Managing Director of the insurers what you’ve done. They always try to wriggle out of paying, and I’m fed up of it.
If you need me you know where I am.
Buffy





Dear Aunt Elizabeth,
Only one month to go…
Jenny was safely delivered of a beautiful little girl last night: 6 lb 8 oz…Olivia Elizabeth. I was very honoured and feel humble. And, needless to say, delighted. The little lady is two weeks early, but Jenny says that’s just because she wants to come to the wedding too.
The dresses are ready, as are all the suits.
I am having a hen night, we are waiting until all the girls fly into London and then going out for a night on the town. Starting with dinner at the Ivy, I have booked the table for Friday 20th and already checked, both you and Amy are free, so please join us. I know you can’t go nightclubbing but would be delighted if you would join us for dinner.
I think Xander and Co are organising a stag night, starting at The Globe to see ‘Much ado about Nothing’ by the R.S.C. the same night, then we’re all flying up together to the Castle. I have been given orders to get out the way and let Anya sort it all, and I don’t argue with Anya, she’s scary. She threatened to make me do the accounts by myself, and threatened not to pay my credit card bill, but make me pay that myself. Now you know why I’m doing as I’m told. That and the fact my brain has ceased to function!
Looking forward to seeing you,

Buffy




Dear William,
Here are a dozen invites for you to hand out around Stirling, please let me know (for me please read Anya) who’s coming and who’s not. Is there anyone else you want adding to your list? If so we need to get the names and addresses to the calligrapher by Monday.
I miss you, but only another couple of weeks and you’ll be back. I miss you, sorry said that already. My bed seems very cold without you in it. We have made arrangements for you to stay at The Crypt the night before the wedding and hired a wonderful old Rolls Royce to go to the Chapel. Xander has fixed up an old barouche he found in the carriage house and we have bought a couple of horses to pull it. Anya intends to make money from it afterwards by hiring it out.
Everything is ready for the big day.
I love you so much, thank you for the roses that arrived today. They were gorgeous. I think you must be keeping the florist in business all by yourself.
See you at the weekend,
Buffy



Dear Mrs Jackson,
Yes, of course we are serious about you coming to the wedding! Laura became one of us while she was here and it makes things nicer for her if she has you around. I want to make sure she’s in lots of the photo’s, especially the ones that will be printed. I have a nasty streak sometimes and wonder how her old school ‘friends’ will appreciate the sight of Laura Jackson at Spike Devlin’s wedding?
I really must become a better person, maybe next year? I can hear you laughing from here. But they really did annoy me. That being said, I still want Laura here. Please say yes.
Elizabeth (Giles)





Dear Dawn,
What do you mean you can’t make my Hen night? I hope that is some sort of joke!
Buffy




Dear Dawn,
No it was NOT funny, and I am not laughing. See you on Friday.
Buffy


Dear Lorne,
A quick email before you catch your flight. You have invites to both the Girls’ Hen Night, (meal at the Ivy, on for nightclubbing) or Boys Stag do, (drinks then onto the Globe for a Shakespearean play).
Make you mind up while you’re flying, and we’ll see you here when you get here.
Love Buffy


*

Dear Diary,
I was trying to think who to write to about my wedding, but realised that all the people I normally write to were here. So I thought I’d let you know how it went.
The day dawned bright and beautiful, and I was awoken by all the village girls bringing flowers into my room, it must have been about 8am, and they were all decked out in their best. The men had gone down to wake up William but whereas I got breakfast in bed, he got loud crashes and bangs. He then went off to the pub where they had cooked a huge meal for all the men. It seems that the book on old traditions had been passed around the village and everyone thought they’d have some fun.
I found a scented bath had been run for me, which I thoroughly enjoyed, then the hairdressers and make up girl arrived. We had a silly giggly morning with a bottle of champagne, as well as plenty of nibbles.
My dress was a dream of the palest blue silk, with matching high heeled boots. The others all wore various shades of blue. From turquoise down through sky to royal and looked wonderful; the only one in white was Joy. Billy had been taken off by Xander, after his brekky, to join the men. My hair was done up on top of my head with tendrils falling around my shoulders, which were bare. Crowned by a coronet of Lilly of the Valley, myrtle and ivy with Forget-Me-Nots woven in.
I was carrying the most wonderful bouquet of bridal roses with all the above as well.
We all climbed into the two horse drawn carriages and got to the Old Chapel about five minutes late. The King and I with Joy in the first one, and the rest of the wedding party in the second. The registrar was waiting for me and confirmed that I was there of my own free will. The villagers were all waiting outside, dressed up as well. When I arrived, they all went in and the Music started. There is a piece of music called The Traymour Bride, written in about 1860, and we had that played for me to walk to William.
He looked gorgeous. His hair slicked back and a long morning coat on. Silk shirt and tie. Billy did his part as ring bearer, but poor William looked so nervous. Willow told me later that he was terrified I’d change my mind after everything he put me through. As if I would.
The wedding itself was lovely. A simple service. I refused to ‘obey’ but promised to love and honour. When he asked ‘who gives this woman’, Uncle Charles replied ‘I do, with the blessing of her family’.
Then the next thing I know was we were being pronounced husband and wife, and he was kissing me.
We came out to find the local lads had made a processional arch with bowers from the woods as good luck and we were covered in confetti.
Then everyone made their way back to the castle. Those who had been invited to the banquet went inside, but the villagers went down into the home meadow and found marquees set up with pig roasts, beer tent, and entertainers all day. They had a dance down there whilst the ball went on up at the house. William and I went down and spent about an hour at the villagers’ dance before heading back up to Traymour itself. The whole village followed us up and into the Great Hall, where two thrones had been decorated up with flowers. We sat on them and a cradle was brought in and laid at our feet. It was made up with the most beautiful Victorian lace, then little Olivia Giles, at just one month old, was put into my arms. There was a great cheer and I put her into the Traymour Cradle. It’s an ancient fertility ritual.

The nicest thing was in amongst all that joy we made about £ 7500 for the two charities.

At half past eleven William and I went back to the Crypt for one night alone. They had done the whole house up as a bower for us, flowers and garlands everywhere.
Then, the next morning we set off with the twins and Halli for two weeks in Rome and Florence. Stopping off at Disneyland Paris on the way home. Needless to say Halli was brilliant. We spent every morning with the children, then went off and did our own thing whilst they slept and swam and played and visited child friendly places. Halli speaks about five languages so she had no problems; unlike me. William speaks Italian and French and had never told me; never mind, we have a lifetime to discover each other. Then tea with Joy and Billy; then evenings out for us after they were in bed. I am going to owe that girl a lot of time off when we get home.
I must have sent a hundred post cards, all saying having a wonderful holiday, glad you’re not here. The only one that was different was to Laura, not only did we actually mention that we’d been into the catacombs in Rome, but William signed it Spike Devlin. If she ever ceases to be a fan she’d make a fortune on ebay!
It has been over a month since the wedding and I have asked Jenny to cook a special meal for tonight, I have some wonderful news for William. He’s to be a father again, and this time he’ll be there to share every moment of sickness and cravings I have. Seems Olivia worked her magic at the wedding.
Life couldn’t be better.
Good bye,