Author's Chapter Notes:
many thanks to those who just keep on reviewing. I hope there are some ot there who are still enjoying the story
Your Majesty,
Please may I have your permission to marry William Giles? We are in LA at the moment but are heading across to Las Vegas the day after tomorrow and we really want to get married there. Dawn and Xander are flying out to join us, Willow is here and I really don’t want anything like a big wedding. It’s now or never. I know I’m well over the age of consent, but technically you can say no until I’m 25 and I really don’t want to wait that long.

Now the official bit is over I can fill you in on the rest. We had the most wonderful time in New York. I spent far too much in all the shops, but the charity thing raised about $1 million for AIDS charities. So the trip was well worth it.

James and I had the most wonderful time at the embassy ball. We sneaked Amy in as a ‘friend’ of mine. So naturally James had to have one dance with her. Amy is a lovely girl and they will be most welcome at Traymour when they make the relationship official. Glad I could act as decoy. The paparazzi took lots of photos of us arriving, with all the normal comments. So you should have pictures of us in your papers. No bad ones, though. The ‘just friends’ type of headline, as requested. Should take the heat off of Amy for a couple of weeks. That was part of the idea behind Will and I getting married. We can sneak in and get it done, without anyone being any the wiser. Proper names rather than aliases should distract all but the most hardened of reporters. No Banns either.
So please say yes!

Take care,
Your obedient servant
Elizabeth.








Dear Aunt Liz and Uncle Charles,
Many thanks for the permission, of course there will be photos.
Will write with more later. We’re going away on honeymoon tomorrow, then we both head home for two weeks. Afterwards Will is out on tour again and I get back to the work of running the estate. I am so very happy. My love to James and Amy and tell them I will be home in time for them coming up for the break.

Much love,
Buffy










Dear Willow,
Thanks for all the work you put into the wedding: it was sweet of you.
I am really looking forward to you coming over next month.
When we arrived home we had the most wonderful welcome from everyone. The village had put on a dance for us to celebrate: we were ‘stripping the willow’ and ‘Dashing the white sergeant’ until about 3am when, by tradition, William and I were loaded aboard a cart that had been decorated with flowers and tree branches and the lads from the lifeboat and the young farmers hauled us home. We are supposed to pay for the drinks at the pub for the next two weeks, so I’ve left a small fortune behind the bar for them!

The castle’s state bedroom had been done up as a bridal bower when we finally got home. Flowers everywhere!

William and I had a lovely, romantic time. It seemed a pity to break up the holiday but it was time for Sir to get back to work. He went off to London for a couple of concerts, then round Europe for three months. Then it’s back to the States. He’s hoping to visit whenever he can, and I’ll visit whenever I get the chance.

I really am so happy. I’ll be writing to Giles this week as well. It was great to see him at the wedding.

The tourist season starts soon, and because William did a talk show as Spike Devlin, telling the world about our marriage, we’ve been warned to expect lots of extra guests, which will be great for local business.

We had a phone call from Harmony, very upset that her ‘blondie bear’ had got married. William spent a good while calming her down so hopefully everything will be OK now, but what ever happens we’ll cope.
I just have the weirdest feeling about that woman. She comes across as a dumb blond but I think that she could be trouble.

Anya has been fantastic, she kept everything running brilliantly. Folks around here were a little put off by her blunt ways, but have soon learnt that she always speaks the truth and is very good at her job. She has found a way to reopen the saw mill, creating five new full time jobs and securing a few extra forestry jobs as well. That was a good way for her to make friends with the locals. Xander seems very taken.

Giles is due over for Christmas. He wants to go and play in the library again. It seems he’s found some books that, if sold, would raise enough money to fix the roof.

We are having a fundraiser next month for the Lifeboat. It starts off the Christmas buying season for us all here. I’m hoping to get one of the locals to dress as Father Christmas again, Tony makes an excellent FC and, of course, knows all the kid’s names. I’m off into Inverness next week buying gifts for them all. Would love to see you here any time you could make it.

Give my love to Oz and all the other guys. Hope Devon and Faith are well. Tell Faith to give me a letter at sometime.

Much love as always
Buffy









Dear Aunty Elizabeth
As promised, photos! I wore the most wonderful sheath dress in white, carried the roses you sent and had my hair done by a friend of Lorne’s. The girls all had red or pink dresses on and the menfolk wore Dinner Jackets (I can’t get used to calling them tuxedo’s). It was a wonderful ceremony, in a little chapel here in Las Vegas. No Elvis impersonator or aliens either, tell James.

I should be coming home in two weeks so I’ll stop off in London and see you if that is convenient.

My love to all,
Buffy









Dear Willow,
I am so sorry I haven’t written in, like, forever. Things have been a little crazy, what with only just being married and all. Does it seem like a year to you? William came home for a month and I don’t think we came out of my room for a week. Ah, young love! Giles kept cleaning his glasses every time we were around. But he and Jenny seem to be getting on really well. If you know what I mean. I think we’ll be having a wedding in the castle very soon. William is heading back to LA in a couple of days and so is Dawn!!!

She has decided to go to college in America, says I found a hottie there and she’d like to try the fishing. So big favour time. Could you be her contact person? She’ll have William and I know you’re busy with Oz, but I would feel very much happier if there were two different people looking out for her. I trust her completely, but we all have times when we need somewhere to run to, somewhere where we can be safe.

Talking of Oz, how’s he doing? I’m looking forward to seeing him next year when the band play the Prince’s Trust concert here. Are you coming as well? We could have some girlie time and you promised to come over at sometime.

More later, promise.
Buffy








Dear Willow,
As promised, more. Seems life just wanders along at the moment. Months seem to go by, with work, the estate, trying to keep up with where in the world William is. Sometimes I get more information from the tabloids about Spike Devlin than I do from him directly. I’m still having problems with Harmony. She just forgets to pass on messages when I ring and William can’t seem to see that’s a problem, it was our one and only argument when he was home. Seems she does a good job and I shouldn’t nag.
Drusilla is off in rehab again. Seems she enjoys modern pharmaceuticals just a little too much, but William has promised her the job back when she gets out. I foresee problems with her.

No more moaning. Xander and the rest of the life boat crew have been award vellum parchments, it’s an award for bravery. They pulled five people, including a child, off of a yacht that had lost power during last month’s storms. They all felt very good about themselves for a couple of days, which was wonderful. That man needs all the ego building he can get after the hell his mum put him through. Still treats me like I’m 9 though, always will, I suppose. Comes of being raised together.
William was wonderful when he was home. Lots of romance. He even organised a picnic in the old caves where I used to play as a child. They were done up as a crypt, spooky candles and all with this huge bed in the innermost one. He had even put a brazier in to keep it warm! The glow of the firelight made everything look very romantic. Lots of blood red roses around the place as well a bottle of cold champagne in the spring and that’s all I’m telling even my best friend.

I’m off to London next week. Amy and James are finally announcing their engagement so I no longer have to run interference with the press, I am very glad about that bit. There is to be a ball at the palace and I’m going, of course, then, hopefully, I’m coming into LA to see you all. Don’t tell the guys yet though; I want to surprise William.
Love to all,
Buffy





Dear Dawn,
Yes of course you can go away while you’re over there. You might not be a full adult in America but here you are, and I will try and remember to treat you like one. If you need anything, don’t forget both Giles and Willow have said you can yell for help from them and I’m sure that Sam is taking as good a care of you as she did me, and William has promised to try and be around as well. Having ‘Spike Devlin’ get you tickets for concerts should be useful at college.

Glad you like the house in Revello Drive. I’m glad mum agreed to me buying it. I suggest you find a couple of room- mates and share costs. I know that financially you don’t need to, but it is good to have company.
RJ sounds nice, as does Conner, so choose or not as you like but from what you’ve told me I think RJ sounds a little young for you, the sort I would approve of. Connor sounds more like fun.

Take care, phone me whenever you like. Things are nowhere near as bad financially since Anya took control, so DON’T WORRY. That’s the only order I’m going to give you. No, sorry, another one. HAVE FUN.

I know you’ll study, cause you were always far more reliable than I was about home work.
Take care
Buffy






Dear William,
Do you realise that it has been two whole months since I saw you?
I don’t like the separation. I know we speak every day on the phone but I just miss being with you.

I tried to ring when you were at the hotel but I couldn’t get through the switchboard. Seems someone changed the code word. Could you sort it out please?

I miss you, did I remember to tell you that bit? The roses you planted are just coming into flower and they smell wonderful. They remind me of you every time I see them and smell them. I’ve taken to sitting out on the terrace after dinner and reading your letters or the books from that list you left me. I still prefer the filmsJ; I can’t wait till I see you again.

Say hi to the gang for me.
Love always
Buffy








Dear Willow,
Can you keep a secret? I’m flying over next week to see you all, and most of all, William. I can escape for a whole month; Anya and Xander are taking care of everything here for me so expect me soon.

Can you arrange all the backstage passes I’ll need? On second thoughts, don’t. Harmony will only tell tales and talk out of turn; I’ll sort it when I get there. I have some wonderful news but I want to see William first.
All the best
Buffy






Anya, here are the list of telephone numbers should you need me, and could you please give my mobile phone number to Giles when he arrives.
Take care
See you in a month
Buffy