Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to my amazing Beta Kelly who always makes my story amazing!
Faith unfolded her arm’s for the hundredth time as she continued to walk up and down the isle between seats in the waiting room. She was worried, petrified even. Buffy kept passing out and she knew something just wasn’t right. Xander had picked Buffy up just after she had fallen down on the Library floor and along with Giles, Drusilla, and Faith they had immediately rushed to the hospital.


Faith crossed her arms and continued her pace. Xander’s head stating to go dizzy at watching Faith’s form walk back and forth in front of him. The doctors hadn’t said anything to them yet. They didn’t even know if the baby was okay.


There was a sudden commotion out in the hall and all eyes turned towards the noise. Spike rushed in.


"How is she?" His eyes were frantic and searching for answers. He looked as though he hadn't slept in days.


"We don't know” Faith whispered her movements stoped and she met his gaze. Her eyes filled with unshed tears. “Oh God what…What if she’s really hurt.” Faith’s eyes went wide and a few tears made their way down her face. “I can’t do all this without her Spike!" Faith said her shoulders shaking. Her head fell and her hair cascaded around her face.


"She’ll be fine luv. She’s strong." Spike said the tone of his voice suggesting that he was trying to reassure himself more than Faith.


"Sunshine will be fine. Her tummy’s upset at her. It’s all muddled” Drusilla rubbed her belly and tilted her head to the side. “Everything is to busy. All in here” Dru rubbed her temples. “Little bundle of sunshine will be fine my Spoike” Dru smiled at her brother her British accent coming out thick. There was another commotion and the doors opened showing Trey rushing through a group of people and enveloping Faith in a hug.


"How's she doing?” Trey whispered wiping the dried tears from Faith’s cheeks. “How's the baby?" Trey asked worriedly as Faith slowly smiled at him. "Fred told her to rest and relax…..She was doing that wasn‘t she?"


"We don't know anything right now..." Faith whispered laying her head on Trey’s chest. He hugged her close giving her his support. A man in a white coat came walking over to them.


"Are you all with Miss Summers?” The doctor asked. At The groups nod he continued. “I’m Dr. Ben. I’ve seen Buffy, she’s doing better. She just woke up.” Faith’s tensed shoulders relaxed and she smiled. “The tests show that she has a low haemoglobin level and needs iron supplementation which is very common in pregnancies.” Ben reassured the group. “Any pharmacy will have the supplements she needs. It should help he with the passing out.” Faith nodded and leaned further back into Trey. Spike was listening attentively to Ben’s words. “If it persists though, don't hesitate to come back.” He looked down at the clip board he was holding and read a few lines. “I can see that her baby is doing just fine. She just needs the iron, and some rest. If her mother or father would come with me I will fill out the paperwork to have her released." Ben looked around for a male of female that would fit the bill of the girls parents but only found one man who didn’t at all look related to Buffy.


"Sorry Dr. She doesn't live with her parents, I’m her twin. I’ll uh come with you to sign the papers.” Faith said moving away from Trey’s arms to follow the doctor.


"Okay well lets go. We will let her rest while we fill out the paperwork."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Mmm my head hurts." Buffy whispered softly reaching a weak hand to her head.


"Honey you had quite the fall. So of course your heads going to hurt!" Faith said softly smiling down at her sister.


"Is my baby okay? What's wrong with me?" Buffy worriedly asked.


"Nothing just low Iron levels, your fine." Faith reassured Buffy playing with a few stray wisps of her hair.


"I wanna talk to Spike..." Buffy whispered meeting her twins gaze.


"Okay well he's out in the waiting room with everyone else while we wait for the release papers to be finished. Want me to go get him?" Faith asked pointing towards the door. Buffy smiles softly and nods.


Buffy had her eyes closed and her hands resting on her stomach when the door to her room squeaked open and Spike popped his head through the door.

"Hey pet, how are you feeling?" Spike walking into the room and came to sit on the seat beside the bed where Faith had sat only moments before.


"I feel crappy…” Buffy softly laughed. Spike smiled down at her and grabbed onto one of her hands. “I- I love you Spike.” Buffy whispered looking Spike in the eye. “You mean so much to me.” Buffy’s eyes started to water. “I just wanted you to know" Buffy said reaching up to wipe the tears from her eyes.


"Pet don't cry.” Spike cupped her cheek and stood sitting on the side of the mattress next to Buffy. “I love you too." Spike whispered looking down at her. “So bloody much” He leaned down and captured her lips in a brief kiss.


"I just wanted everything to be how it was before everything happened. I want to start out slow, we can't just jump back into things." Buffy said her bottom lip trembling, her eyes watering up again.


"Anything pet. As long as I can be near you. I miss you so much!" Spike smiled down at her silently thanking the heavens for letting Buffy give him a second chance.


"I-I want you to be a big part of all this. Of our child's life. This is what we created.” Buffy clasped one of his hands and brought it to her stomach. “Theirs a tiny little you and me in here" Buffy said smiling looking up at Spike. He was looking down at her stomach in awe. Spike ripped his hand away as something pushed against palm.


“Oh!” Buffy gasped feeling the bubbles move in her stomach.


“Is it supposed to do that?” Spike asked looking down at her stomach with questioning eyes.


“It‘s the first time she‘s moved” Buffy whispered bringing his hand back down to feel their baby move. Spike smiled bright and brought his hand back down to feel the little bumps on his palm.



"B. time to leave..." Faith said breaking the silence as she stepped into the room. Buffy smiled at Spike deciding to keep the baby’s movement to themselves just for now.


"Come on luv, I’ll carry you to the car." Spike said moving the sheets from around Buffy‘s waist and placing his arms under her legs. Buffy wrapped her arms around is neck as he lifted her with ease. She nuzzled his neck with her nose and breathed in the scent she had missed so much.


"Did you want to come over for dinner tonight?” Spike asked, his question directed at Faith and Buffy. “Trey can come too. I just wanna spend some time with Buffy!" Spike said smiling down at Buffy.


"Yeah I guess so. That would be nice." Faith smiled as she nodded her answer to Spike.


"Hey dad.” Spike said as they made their way to the parking lot. “Buffy, Faith, and Trey are coming for dinner" Spike said placing Buffy into the car.


"Wonderful." Giles smiled readjusting his glasses.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Mum we're home” Spike yelled out as he walked through the front door carrying Buffy into the lounge room.


"Spike where have you been, you know to call before... Faith? Buffy? Oh..." Jenny’s eyes went wide at the sight before her. Faith smiled and hugs Jenny in a tight embrace.


"Hey Jenny. It‘s good to see you" Faith said stepping out of the hug. "This is Trey my friend. Mine and Buffy's current room mate!" She laughed pointing to Trey who had come to stand beside her.


"Buffy, your pregnant!" Jenny eyes bugged seeing Buffy sitting on her couch looking uncomfortable.


"Yeah, almost 6 months along." Buffy smiled.


"Is it... Williams?" Jenny asked a puzzled look on her face.


"DO I look like the kind of person who would cheat?” Buffy asked eyebrows raised. “Why does everyone keep asking me this?" Buffy’s eyes filled with tears. She tries to stand as her tears start to fall. Spike held out a hand and stops her from standing.


"Let me up Spike. I need to go. I don't want to be here anymore." Buffy says frantically.


"Oh sweetie, I didn’t mean anything by it.” Buffy’s shoulders relaxed a little. “Me and my stupid mouth." Jenny says softly sending Buffy a sympathetic look.


"It's okay. I still want to leave."


"No please stay, I didn’t mean to be rude it's just... no one told me." Jenny said glaring at Spike, Dru and Giles.


"Fine I'll stay. It's okay Jenny, I’m just all hormones at the moment" Buffy says tearing up.


"Well I’m making spaghetti for dinner, Dru sweetie will you help me?" Jenny asked looking at her daughter.


"I’m gonna take Buffy upstairs to my room so she can rest." Spike said to no one in particular. With one swoop he had Buffy in his arms and was walking up the stairs to his room.


Buffy smiled at seeing the state Spikes room was in. Clothes strewn across the floor, his desk a mass of papers and books, A dictionary on the bed? She giggled and smiled softly to herself at seeing all the pictures that had been taken of the two of them in the short time they were together.


"Don't mind the mess." Spike said smiling pushing the dictionary off the bed and placing Buffy on it.


"I can't believe you have all the photo's still. I have all mine in a photo album. Mom and Dad tried to take it away from me.” Buffy whispered looking up at Spike. “Around the same time they tried to take our baby.” Spike cupped her cheek and wiped a tear away with the pad of his thumb. “Faith didn't let them. It's the only thing I had left of you, well it was the only thing I had left of you. Now I have you.” She smiled softly and closed her eyes as Spike leant his forehead against hers. “What did they do to make your family leave?" Buffy asks silently.


"Lets leave that for another time yeah?" Spike said rubbing the back of her neck.


"Fine." Buffy said with a yawn.


"Lets get some kip, okay luv?" Spike moved to the side and lay on his back.


"Hold me?" Buffy asked looking at Spike with pleading eyes. Spike nodded and moved over further to gather Buffy in his arms. Spike watched as Buffy’s breathe evened out. He continued to stroke her head, bending down he gave it a soft kiss before he himself followed her into sleep. It was the best sleep they both had had in all the months they had been apart.