Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you Kelly for all your help! It amazes me what you can do for my story, it excites me when I read it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3793270/1/Spikes_Baby
You can find this story here as well as fanfiction.net
Thank you so much Kelly You made my story into so much more than it

was.
------------------

Joyce pulled the hand break. Turning to look out the window she looked up at the tall house before her. Faith unbuckled her seat belt and climbed out of the car. She turned to give Buffy a hand.


“We‘ll see you later mum” Faith said shutting the back door to the car. Joyce wound down the window as they made their way up the driveway.


“We‘re going to talk about this later” Faith replied a short “Yeah whatever” As she and Buffy made it to the front door. The tires to the car screeching as their mother sped off. Buffy reached to the side of the door and pushed a small button. The jingle of the bell
could be heard from outside.


“Faith? Buffy? What are you two doing here?” Their was a pause as Trey ruffled his hair. “Not that I‘m not happy to see you. It’s just aren’t you supposed to be in your new school?” Looking down at his watch puzzled. It was almost lunch time.

Buffy smiled at seeing a familiar face. Faith and Buffy had met Trey when they were in middle school, Trey had been in the year higher than them. But none the less he had taken an instant liking to them. Faith and him had dated for a brief period of time but decided they were better off as friends.


“Trey shut up and help me get her in the house. She needs to lie down.” Faith grumbled looking at Buffy who was pale and had a sheen of sweat across her forehead, making her hair stick to her face.

Trey turned his gaze towards the blonde twin and his eyes bugged.

Buffy was shivering and her eyes and nose were red and splotchy. It was evident that she had been crying.


“Come on in guys.” Trey opened the front door all the way and stepped aside as Buffy and Faith walked through. “Here you look tired” Trey walked through to the lounge room and pushed the cushions aside, leaving a sizeable gap for Buffy to lie down on.


Faith and Trey both watched as Buffy lay down. Exhaustion soon took over and Buffy’s eyes fluttered closed. Trey placed a blanket over Buffy and pushed the hair from here eyes. Giving her a quick kiss on
the forehead he stood and gave Faith a look. She nodded and followed him into the kitchen.


“So want to tell me why you’re here.” Trey asked handing Faith a can of drink. She sighed and sat down on one of the kitchen chairs. He stood listening as Faith explained what had happened the last couple
of months. He had left LA to finish his last year of high school in Sunnydale. He also decided to continue his education in Sunnydale University. His fist tightened around his can as Faith told him how Joyce and Hank had reacted to Buffy’s pregnancy. He’d always sided
with Faith and Buffy whenever it came to a fight between them and Buffy and Faith’s parents.

Hank and Joyce Summers had three children. Faith and Buffy being twins, and Dawn being the youngest child. Faith had once been the wild child whereas Buffy had been the quite and reserved child. That
is until she had met William “Spike” Giles. Until she had started dating him. Dawn being the youngest she had always been loved and liked more than the twins.


Discovery of Buffy’s pregnancy had sent Joyce and Hank into a new realm of twisted parenthood. They forbade Buffy to ever see him again. Had made sure that the problem had been taken away. Spike had
been expelled from Hemery. Buffy hadn’t ever been the same.

She knew her parents had, had something to do with it and fought back with every thing she had. She struck out and became more violent. Faith feeling her twins pain had stuck by her side.

Defending her sister whenever someone insulted her. Joyce and Hank added it to the list of things that the twins had fucked up. Buffy so distraught and sick of everyone badgering her had burnt down the
gym at the school. Thus resulting in their own expulsion.

“God your parents are so blind” Trey said shaking his head. Faith only nodded through hooded eyes.

“You guys can stay here tonight if you want. Their’s a spare bed upstairs.” Trey threw his now empty can in the bin and walked into the lounge room. They woke Buffy up enough for her to walk up the stairs and fall back down onto the bed. Her eyes closing, sleep once
again engulfing her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Buffy. Come on sleepyhead” Faith placed her hand on her sister’s shoulder and shook .

“Mmm. Go way I‘m comfy” Buffy moaned burrowing down into the warmth the quilts were providing.

“School starts in an hour.” Faith sat back on the bed as Buffy sat up and yawned. “You’ve got to face him sooner or later B” She whispered.

“I know” Buffy’s eyes were welling with tears at the memory of seeing Spike with another girl.

“Good morning ladies, I come bearing breakfast” Trey came walking in. Two plates of toast in his hands.

“Thanks for letting us stay the night.” Buffy said later as she and Faith walked to the front door.

“Anytime you want to come by my door‘s always open” Trey smiled hugging each girl.

“We will see you later but right now Buffy and I have got to school. She’s got to face that boyfriend of hers.” Faith’s smile faltered seeing the tears well in Buffy’s eyes again.

“He‘s not my boyfriend. You saw him too Faith” Buffy whispered her hands stroking her fluttering stomach.

“Hey now. Everything will be alright.” Trey hugged Buffy and walked them to the front pavement. “If not I‘ll have to go have some words with this ‘Spike‘ character.” Buffy smiled and wiped her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey Buffy and Faith.” Willow smiled seeing the two girls walking to their lockers. “How are you doing Buffy?”

“I’m better, stomach‘s feeling a little bit uneasy this morning.” Buffy said placing a hand on her stomach. The school had yet to find out about her pregnancy and she was going to make sure that it stayed that way for as long as possible. “I’m just really stressed.”

“No need to worry the stomach butterfly’s are probably just nerves.”

Faith shot Buffy a look who only just smiled back at Willow. “I can show you two to your first class if you would like”

“That’d be great” Faith exclaimed shutting the door to her locker.

“You two go ahead. I-I’m just going to go to the library and talk to Giles for a bit. I don’t feel like going to class just yet.” Buffy said nervously pointing down the hall towards the double doors where the library lay.

“Are you sure your okay sis?” Faith asked knowing full well her sister wasn’t ok.

“Yeah I‘ll be fine“ Buffy said in reassurance. “I just don’t want to go to class right now.“ A pause. “I’ll be fine.” She nodded.

“Okay. I’ll see you at recess then.” Faith gave her sister a hug and turned to walk down the hall with Willow.

“Love you Faith.” Buffy yelled out smiling.

“You to B. Don’t get into to much trouble.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey Giles.” Buffy said nervously walking through the double doors into the library.

“Buffy, shouldn’t you be in class?” Giles asked turning from the mound of books to face the blonde.

“Yeah. I…I don’t feel like going just now. It’s cramped in the classrooms.” Buffy paused and sat down atop one of the desks near the stairwell. “So many faces looking at you because your new. Judging you.” Their was another pause. Giles came to stand in front
of Buffy. “I couldn’t sit at the desk’s at my old school anymore. They were to small.” She smiled and stroked the round bulge of her stomach.

“How far along are you” Giles asked sitting next to Buffy.

“Almost 5 months” She whispered smiling softly.

“I see. S-so the baby it’s Williams?” Giles asked pulling his glasses of his face and rubbing the bridge of his nose.

Buffy stood up and laughed. She started to walk in front of Giles. Pacing back and forth. “Of course it‘s his.”

“Does he know?” Buffy’s eyes shot up to stare Giles in his own.

“Does he know” She whispered looking down playing with the hem of her shirt. “DOES HE KNOW” She almost shouted. Giles lowered his gaze. “No he doesn’t know. I never got the chance to tell him.” Her
eyes were blurry and tears streaked her face. “My. My parents” Buffy wiped her eyes and rubbed her stomach. It was doing it’s flip flops again making her jumpy.

“I‘m sorry” Giles whispered. He and Jenny hadn’t known the extend to Spike and Buffy’s relationship. The amount in which they had loved each other. But Spikes reaction after they were forced to move and
now seeing Buffy like this. “He misses you, you know.” Buffy just scoffed. Remembering what she had seen yesterday. ‘Sure he does’ She thought.

“Jenny and Drusilla miss you too.” Giles stood placing his glasses once more back on his face. “You should talk to him. He deserves to know.” Buffy’s eyes closed as the tears slid more freely.

Spike was standing inside the library. He had slipped in quietly while they were talking. Buffy hadn’t seen nor heard him come in but Giles had. He was about to interrupt them when Buffy started talking again. She had her back to him.

“I tried you know. Tried so hard” Buffy cried rubbing her stomach trying to sooth the rumbling. “Mum found out. Dad.” Buffy let out a strangled laugh. “He told me to get rid of it. He acted as if it wasn‘t important. Like it wasn‘t real.”

“Buffy I‘m so sorry.” Giles whispered eyes soft as he looked at the young girl before him.

“I saw him yesterday. With another girl. I thought we‘d had something special you know. At least I have something to remember him by” Buffy smiled again looking at her stomach.

“Buffy?” Spike couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“Spike?” Buffy said her back going straight. The butterfly’s in her stomach were fluttering at their max.

“Is it really you pet? Or am I dreaming?” Spike asked taking a step further into the room.

“Its really me.” Buffy said slowly turning her body around to face him. Spikes eye’s widened at seeing the small but noticeable roundness to Buffy’s stomach.

“Blondie bear what’s taking you so long.” Harmony burst through the doors. “I send you to get one book and….hello who are you” She said coming to stand next to Spike her hand instantly clinging to his arm.

“I….I’m” Buffy stuttered eyes welling with tears. “I’m gonna be sick” Buffy spun her body finding the nearest bin and vomiting her breakfast into it.