Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks so much to Kelly who is doing a tremendous job being my beta! I really appreciate it!
Buffy let out a groan as she struggled to stand, one hand on the wall for support one around her stomach. She wiped the hair and the sweat from her face. Her face was splotchy caked with tears and running makeup.


“Ok that was just beyond gross” Harmony said flicking her blonde hair from her shoulder. “Spikey, baby can we go now”.


“Buffy” She heard Spike whisper behind her right before a hand touched her shoulder.


“Please don’t” Buffy whispered her head looking down at the ground. Her eyes were shut trying to hold back another wave of tears just waiting to spurt forth.


“Pet I‘m” Spike was cut off by Harmony’s annoying voice.


“Spikey, come on their waiting for us” Spike spun around and glared at her. His hand had left Buffy’s shoulder.


“Harm would you shut up for 5 bleeding seconds” He growled. As they were arguing neither saw the small blonde make her way towards the door. She glanced at Giles and saw him smile sadly at her.


“Buff….y” Spike said turning his gaze from Harmony at last, to the space where Buffy had stood moments before. He heard the door’s swinging back and forth and he realised she had left. Spike looked at his father once and seeing his face ran out the doors.


“Spike?” Harmony asked scrunching up her nose.


“Harmony do shut up” Giles said wearily.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Buffy slid down the wall onto the floor. She was rocking back and forth rubbing her hands over her stomach as she cried. She had contemplated running out of the school all together but thought against it when her thoughts came to Faith.


"B. Are you in here?" Faith asked the empty space not seeing anyone in the bathroom. Giles had said it would be the most likely place Buffy would have gone to. She was about to turn and open the door to exit when she heard crying.


"Come on out honey, you'll be fine.” Faith said in a soothing voice as the cubicle door opened and out toppled her sister. “Oh sweetie. What happened” Faith wrapped her arms around her sister.


“I…..He….and her…..a-and” Buffy sobbed, not able to get a full sentence out. Faith stroked Buffy’s hair.


“ I can go beat him up if you think it’d make it better." Faith smiled hearing Buffy’s muffled laugh into her shoulder.


"No... it's ok" Buffy pulled back from her sister and wiped her face. “I‘m sorry I cried all over your shirt”


“Don’t worry about it” Faith smiled in return. “So wanna tell me what happened.” Buffy had made her way over to the sink and was splashing water on her face.


“Not what I expected” She let out a teary laugh.


"So not exactly the prince coming in to save the damsel in distress with the swinging sword and” Faith paused and had a puzzled look on her face. “and the swinging sword.”


Buffy let out a laugh and turned to smile at her sister. No matter what situation they were in she always managed to make her smile. “Yeah something like that. I just didn’t expect him to be with someone else you know."


“Yeah. Stupid blonde tramp” Faith said earning another smile from Buffy.


"I kinda wanted it to be like he never left. Like it was before. I’m pregnant a-and I want him to be a part of that.” Buffy wrapped her arm‘s around herself. “Everything is so messed up. Mum and Dad hate me. And don’t say they don’t because we all know they do” Buffy continued at Faith look. “God they wanted me to get rid of it. My baby for christ sake. It’s a part of me, I can feel it growing inside of me and they wanted to kill it. Murder their own blood. Kill their grandchild. How can someone do that.” Buffy looked down at the tiles of the bathroom floor.


“I don’t know B. Their sick and twisted”


“We found him” Buffy smiled sadly. “And he's with someone else. Everything’s so screwed up.” Buffy looked at her sister with teary eyes. “I don't know if I can do this on my own" Buffy let the tears fall as she slid to the floor sobbing.


Faith sat down next to her sister and wrapped her arm’s around her shoulders. She soothed her sister with a soft calming voice and vowed to herself she would make things better.


*FLASHBACK*


“Class we have a new student” The teacher looked down at the slip of paper in his hands. “He transferred from England. William Giles.” The boy in question glared at the teacher. “Tell us about yourself William.” The teacher said his smile faltering seeing the look William was giving him.


“Names Spike. Not exactly happy to be living in this shit hole of a city.” Spike looked back towards the teacher who was stumped.


“T-that‘s nice. Um….Go-oo s-sit over there next to Buffy” The teacher pointed to a young blonde girl who was scribbling on a blank page in her book.


"Buffy, what kind of name is that?" He muttered taking the seat next to her. Buffy’s head shot up and turned to glare at the blonde sitting next to her.


"At least its better than Spike!" She glared back.


"‘S that right luv. Bet you’d love to know how I got the name wouldn’t you goldilocks” Spike smirked sucking in his cheeks looking her up and down.


“I-I do…do not” Buffy’s face had got beet red. “God your disgusting. Stay on that side of the table bleach boy” Buffy glared moving her chair further away from his.


"Like I’d even waste my time with you.” He shot back. Buffy poked her tongue out at him. “Oh yeah real mature”. From the very first day they’d met they’d fought, bickering back and forth. Anyone who stood on the outside could see the tension building. Could see that it was going to explode soon.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


(Fast forward through time)


"Faith tell bleach boy to piss of. Go annoy people that are not here” Buffy glared at Spike as he smirked and sipped his drink.


"B, I’m not getting into this again. God would you two see the light already and make with the happy’s.” Buffy and Spike’s eyes both went wide. “Don’t give me that look it’s so obvious you like each other."


"I so do…not” Buffy laughed giving Spike a look. He just raised his eyes suggestively and took another sip of his drink smirking at Buffy’s flustered face.


“Whatever. I‘m gonna go have some fun.” Faith smiled watching as a guy across the room winked at her. The music was loud and people danced up against each other. They had been invited to a party and Faith was going to make the most of it. “You two kids have some fun” She said walking away.


"So pet, what are we going to do now.” Spike smiled coming to stand in front of Buffy who was leaning against the wall.


"Um. I-I…..We..” Buffy stuttered looking anywhere but Spike. He had gotten awfully close to her in the last few minutes. She could smell the alcohol and cigarettes coming from him as well as his cologne.


“I can think of a few things” Spike’s whispered voice was next to her ear. Sending a wave of goose bumps over her body.


“Your supposed to hate me. We hate each other. Enemy‘s and all t-that…..Oh boy!” Buffy gasped her eyes going wide as Spike’s tongue and lips started kissing her neck. Buffy let out a shuddering breath closing her eyes as Spike’s voice whispered in her ear again.


“First time I met you.” Their was a pause as he quietly groaned. “God you get so hot when your angry Summers” Spike kissed the lobe of her ear causing Buffy to moan slightly.


“I-I am not hot when I‘m angry.” Buffy said gasping as Spike’s body came to lean into hers, causing both of them to crush into the wall.


“Pet believe me when I say you are” Spike had stoped his assault on her neck and was looking her in the eye. “God your beautiful” Spikes hands were resting on her hips.

“You think I‘m beautiful” Buffy whispered looking up at him through hooded eyes. Spike’s only reply was his mouth crashing down to her, his grip on her waist tightening as he pulled her closer.


“Bout god damn time” Faith mumbled from across the room smiling.


*End FLASHBACK*