Chapter 11 – Dinner

“Well did you enjoy yourself today?” Lady Lilah asked Buffy as they rode home from the Angelus Manor.

“Yes, it was the first time I’ve ridden a horse.”

“Oh dear, why didn’t you say so! I just assumed you knew how to ride. I was wondering why you didn’t bring any riding gear.”

“I didn’t think it would be a big deal.” Shrugged Buffy. “The stable boy helped me and Fred gave me some pointers.”

“Well I’ll add riding lessons to the list of instructions we need to give you. At least your mother provided dance lessons.” They pulled up to Pembrook. “Buffy dear you have time for a nap before dinner. I’m sure the riding tired you out. I’ll have Amy set out your clothing for this evening. Lord Angelus is coming for dinner.”

“Didn’t you just see him?” asked Buffy, confused.

“I saw the senior Lord Angelus. I was referring to Angel. I invited him to dinner.”

“Just Angel?”

“Yes, he asked me earlier if he could ask you out. I told him it was a little soon for you two to go out alone, but I told him he could come for dinner.” Lilah explained.

“Well he could have asked me. I prefer to arrange my own dates!”

“Of course dear, he just wanted my approval. And this way there’s no pressure, you’re safe at home.” Lilah couldn’t believe the resistance Buffy was putting up. She should be happy to have Lord Liam Angelus interested in her. Her granddaughter really was a silly girl.

“Fine.” Buffy mumbled. “I’ll be upstairs.” She went to her room. The whole situation pissed her off. She was very uncomfortable with Angel this afternoon and now she had to have dinner with him! He never even mentioned it all afternoon. And where did Lilah get off making those types of decisions for her!


After Buffy’s nap, Amy came in with the dress Lilah had picked out for her. It was pink and frilly. Buffy couldn’t fathom where Lilah kept getting these clothes from. The ball gown had been so elegant, but this looked like Pepto-Bismol vomit.

“Uh-uh.” Buffy gave the dress back to Amy. “You can take that right back where you got it from.”

“But Miss!”

“Amy, take it back. I will dress myself.” Buffy scooted Amy out of the room and shut and locked the door. She then went through her trunks and bulled out a black spaghetti strap sundress with a long slit up one side. She then found some strappy sandals to match. She wore her hair down loose around her shoulders and brushed her face with a touch of bronzer. She added a coat of mascara to her lashes and finished off her look by adding a coat of coral lipstick. She was ready.

Everybody was already seated when she reached the dining room, even Drusilla. Dawn and Ethan both did an identical eyebrow raise when Buffy entered. Lady Lilah’s lips formed a tense line when she saw that Buffy had not worn the outfit she had selected. Angel had a look of surprise on his face but took time to let his eyes travel down her curvy figure, lingering at the tan leg that peeped through the slit in her dress. The he remembered himself and jumped up to pull out her chair.

“Thank You Angel.” Buffy smiled at him as she was seated. She sat between him and dawn, who was giving her an odd look. Dawn knew that was not the dress that Lilah had picked out for Buffy.

“So Angel, are you excited about this being your last year of school?” Ethan asked, hoping to distract the boy from Buffy’s cleavage before Lady Lilah went ballistic.

“Yes sir. I hope to join the New York or Los Angeles branch of my fathers firm for a year or two. Kind of like the study abroad Buffy’s doing. She was kind enough to tell me about L.A. this afternoon.” Angel smiled at Buffy. She slipped her foot out of her sandal and ran if up his leg under the table while smiling back at him.

“Buffy, Lord Holland Angelus is a senior partner at the London branch of Wolfram and Hart.” Lilah explained. “It’s a very famous law firm. Have you heard of it?”

“It sounds familiar, “replied Buffy. “My grandpa Hank might have mentioned it. He was a lawyer.” Buffy explained to the table.

“We remember.” Lilah stated tersely. How could she forget the man who helped Joyce take Elizabeth away?

“Do you have any interest in the law Buffy?” Angel asked.

“Nope. School really isn’t my thing. I’m only studying Art History because I spent a lot of time at the art gallery my mother owns. I think I have enough background knowledge to get me through.”

Drusilla started cackling wildly at Buffy’s statement. Everyone at the table tried to ignore her. What Buffy didn’t realize was that Lady Lilah was a stickler for women being well educated.

“Well Buffy, hopefully you’ll be able to take a few business classes as well. You and Dawn will have a lot of financial responsibility for the family one day. There are no male heirs to handle the affairs for you.” Lilah explained. Buffy hadn’t thought about this. She had barely touched the money she had inherited, but Lilah was right. It was a lot of responsibility and needed to be managed properly. She would make sure to sign up for a finance class and hire a tutor to help her with the math.

The meal passed quickly with everybody making an effort at small talk. Buffy continued to play footsy with Angel under the table. After dinner was finished she suggested that they play board games in the game room. The elders at the table begged off, offering varying excuses, as Buffy knew they would.

“Cool!” exclaimed Dawn. “I love monopoly!”

Buffy kicked her under the table and glared.

“Oh, but I forgot, I have to call Janice.” Dawn said quickly, taking Buffy’s hint.

Everybody excused themselves and Buffy lead Angel to the game room. He went over to the cabinet where the games were kept.

“So Buffy, what type of game would you like to play?”

Buffy came up behind him and pressed herself against his back, placing her small hands on his broad and surprisingly well muscled chest. “I’m up for anything,” she whispered seductively.

Angel quickly jumped away from her. “Buffy, what are you doing!” He was very confused. He liked Buffy very much and definitely wanted to get to know her better, but he couldn’t believe how forward she was being. This afternoon she had been very cool toward him.

Meanwhile, Buffy was laughing inside. If Lilah wanted her to be with Angel so badly, she was going to give her what she asked for. Poor Lord Angelus probably couldn’t handle a ‘wild’ American girl, he was so stuffy. She’d have him running from the room in no time.

“Angel, I just want to get to know you better. Don’t you want to get to know me better?” Buffy cooed seductively while batting her eyelashes.

“Uh, sure Buffy. I was just rather surprised, that’s all. I didn’t think you were interested in me.”

“Well come sit down on the sofa with me and we can get to know each other.” Buffy sat down on the sofa and crossed her legs, causing the slit in her dress to show an obscene amount of skin. Angel sat down at the other end of the sofa.

“No silly, how are you going to get to know me from over there?” She scooted over until she was pressed up against him.

“So Angel, what do you do for fun?”

“Well I’m on the rowing team, I’m in a fraternity. I love to watch football, I’m a big Manchester United fan.”

“Do you have a girlfriend Angel?” Buffy ran a hand over his chest. She was starting to like the feel of his muscles.

“Uh, no, I don’t.” Angel shifted uncomfortably. He was getting uncomfortably hard and he was praying Buffy didn’t notice. She was a lady and he didn’t wish to offend her.

“Well that’s surprising, a big handsome man like yourself, with no girlfriend.” She ran her fingers through his thick, dark hair. ‘He is handsome’ she thought to herself.

“There are not that many eligible ladies in my age range.” Replied Angel. He had never met a lady who was so forward. ‘It must be because she’s American’, he thought. He had taken a tumble with many a commoner before, but never with a Lady from such a well regarded and established family. ‘It would be the best of both worlds’ he thought. ‘Sex and someone you can take out and bring home to your parents.’ Angel let his lust take over and pulled Buffy to him and began kissing her passionately.

“Oh Buffy, you smell so good.” He whispered as he nibbled her earlobe.

Buffy was shocked. She didn’t think he’d take the bait, and she didn’t think he’d be such a good kisser! She was torn. He was such a snob and she hated that, but…. He was sexy as hell and he made her toes tingle when he kissed her. She decided to throw caution to the wind and kissed him again. Her hands ran down his back and over his firm ass. ‘Wow, he’s built.’ She thought.

Angel was in heaven. He let his hands explore her soft little body. She had the most perfect breast and ass he had ever seen. He pulled down the straps to her dress exposing her breast. Taking one of her coral nipples in his mouth he started to suck it while rolling the other nipple between his thumb and forefinger. Buffy moaned into his ear. She was so wet for him. She straddled one of his thighs and began to rub her crotch against him, trying to release her need. Buffy then reached for the zipper of his pants and release him. His cock seemed to jump into her hands. She began stroking it in her palm. It was now Angel’s turn to moan. His senses were on overload.

“Buffy, I need you now!” He groaned desperately and started to pull up her dress.

“Lord Angelus!” a voice boomed out from the doorway.

The couple jumped apart. Ethan was standing at the door, red with fury. Buffy quickly pulled up her dress to cover her bare breast and Angel swiftly tucked himself into his pants.

“Lord Angelus, I suggest that it is time for you to go home.” Ethan said tersely. “I’m sure you don’t want Lady Lilah to discover you compromising her granddaughter in this manner.” He glared at the young man. Angel was beet red with shame.

“Yes sir. I apologize sir. Lady Buffy, please forgive me for taking advantage. I will be on my way now.” He rushed from the room without even looking at Buffy.

Ethan turned to face Buffy, who was standing uncomfortably, still holding her dress up. There was no way to fix the straps without exposing herself.

“Elizabeth, your grandmother could have walked in at any time. She may be naïve to what type of girl you are, but I am not. I expect you to act appropriately and not shame this family!”

“What type of girl I am?” Buffy repeated incredulously. “What do you mean by that!”

“You know exactly what I mean, “ Ethan sneered. “That morning we came to see you and Joyce in America you reeked of sex and booze. You don’t fool me, Buffy. I’ll be quite about this incident, but you need to learn to act like a proper young lady and keep your legs closed.” He reached over and pulled Buffy’s hands away from her chest, where she was holding up her dress. The dress fell down to her waist, exposing her breast again. She tried to pull it back up, but Ethan’s strong grip kept her hands down. He then reached and cupped one of the breasts in his hand. “Such you firm breast you have Buffy.” He took his hands off of her and looked her in the eye. “Now cover yourself before someone finds you.” He walked out of the room.

Tears streamed down Buffy’s face as she quickly secured her dress and smoothed her hair. How dare he do this to her. Call her a slut and then touch her. Gross! She felt disgusted and dirty. Her first instinct was to go tell Lilah, but then she thought better. Ethan was Lilah’s closest confidant. Lilah would never believe Buffy over Ethan. She would just try to avoid Ethan.

All of a sudden, Buffy felt terribly homesick. She missed her mom and her friends. She wished she could call her mother, but she didn’t know what to say, or even if she could hide what was wrong. The last thing she wanted was for Joyce to find out about this. As she was contemplating what to do, Dawn came into the room.

“Hey, I saw Angel leave. Is everything okay?”

Buffy wiped away her tears. “Yes, he just had to go home early.”

“Buffy, what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” Dawn came over and patted Buffy on the back.

“Oh, Dawn you too young to understand. Don’t worry about me.” There was no way Dawn could know what happened. “Do you want to watch some TV?” Buffy suggested.

“No I don’t want to watch the Tele, and I am not too young. Trust me Buffy, you need a friend to live in this house. Let me be yours.” Dawn looked at Buffy earnestly. Buffy wondered how much the girl actually knew, but she didn’t dare ask. She just smiled.

“Thanks Dawn.” She then pulled Dawn into a hug. “I just had a fight with your dad about Angel, that’s all.”

“Are you sure?” Pressed Dawn.

“Yes, I’m sure. Why don’t we go to your room? We can have a sleepover. I don’t feel like being alone tonight.”

“Great!” Dawn jumped up. “I’ll get the popcorn.”