Chapter 12 – Oxford

Buffy didn’t hear from Angel again before school started. She talked to Darla on the phone a few times and inquired about Angel during those conversations, but Darla stated that Angel had gone to London with some friends. If Darla knew anything that had happened, she didn’t let on.

Buffy made a very conscious effort to avoid Ethan. It wasn’t hard. The house was large and he was often away on business. Still, she locked her door every night.

Before she knew it, it was time for school to start. Lilah had a small army of servants pack Buffy’s belongings and take them to her dorm room. They even set up her things for her. Buffy’s driving lessons had been going reasonably well, so Lilah let Buffy drive to school herself.

Buffy was very anxious to meet her roommate. The girl’s name was Willow Rosenberg. They had exchanged a few emails when the room assignments were mailed out but they had not been able to talk on the phone since Willow had spent the summer in China, traveling with her family. Willow had told her that her father owned a software company and that they were from California, San Francisco to be exact. Buffy was very glad of this. She hoped they had a lot in common. Cordelia had already started Sunnydale U. and was having a blast. She was already pledging the top sorority on campus and had a new boyfriend. Poor Connor. Buffy really missed her friends, even Riley. She’d have to remember to email him later.

Buffy had no problem finding the American dorm – Clinton Hall. Her grandmother had told her how Bill and Chelsea had both stayed at the dorm as students, and it had been named for their family. It was much smaller than the other dorms and near the edge of campus. There were only four floors. The bottom two were for the men and the top two for the ladies. There were no elevators so Buffy was going to get plenty of exercise on the stairs. Her room was on the top floor. When she opened the door to her dorm room she found a red head girl was sitting on one of the beds, typing on a laptop. She turned when she heard the door.

“Hi, I’m Willow, you must be Buffy!”

“That’s me! I’m so glad to finally meet you Willow.” She smiled at the girl.

“Me too, I thought you’d be here yesterday when all your stuff was brought in.”

“Nah, I figured I just be in the way. This is a really big dorm room; it’s much bigger than the ones at Sunnydale U. I was going to go there before I transferred here.” Buffy explained.

“Yeah it is a good size. Good thing too since we both have so much stuff. You have a ton of clothes!” Willow giggled. “So do you want to grab lunch at the student union? Check out the other students? See if us Americans stick out like a sore thumb?”

“Sure. How’s the food here?”

“Not too bad. I ate dinner there last night. But I’m starting to miss pizza. Anya – she’s in the room next door with Kathy – said she saw a pizza place in town.”

“Maybe we can go there tonight?” suggested Buffy.

“Great idea! Let’s stop and see if Anya wants to join us for lunch.”

Buffy noticed Kathy wasn’t included in the invitation. She wondered what was up with that.

Anya Jenkins was a nice girl, but incredibly blunt and upfront about her sex life. When Buffy and Willow came to invite her to lunch, she was fighting with her roommate Kathy about her dildo collection. Apparently Kathy found the top of the TV and inappropriate place for dildos.

“Can you believe her?” Any huffed as they made their way to the student union.

“Well maybe you can put them in your bedside drawer,” Willow suggested. “Easier to get to when you, um… need them?” She squeaked out, blushing furiously.

“Where do you keep your dildo’s Buffy?” Asked Anya.

“I, uh, don’t have any.”

“So you just use your hand? Or are you having regular sex?” Inquired Anya.

“Neither!” exclaimed Buffy. Now she was blushing.

“So how do you satisfy yourself?” Anya asked curiously as they moved through the food line.

“I don’t.”

“But don’t you miss sex?”

“Well I’ve never had it so there’s nothing to miss,” shrugged Buffy as they sat down at a table.

“You’re a virgin?” Anya exclaimed loudly. People at surrounding tables turned and looked. Buffy was mortified.

“Hey, I am too.” Offered Willow, trying to make Buffy feel better.

“Wow, you two are cute girls, I never would have thought.” Anya seemed genuinely surprised. “I’ve had lots of sex. Since I was 14. I don’t currently have a sex partner, but I’m looking. I broke up with my boyfriend before I came here. An overseas relationship really wouldn’t work for me.” She explained. “So do you two have sexless boyfriends?”

“I don’t.” replied Willow.

“I broke up with my boyfriend at the beginning of summer. I met a guy this summer who’s a grad student here, but there was an incident and I haven’t heard from him.” Buffy explained.

“An incident? What type of incident?” asked Willow.

“It’s rather embarrassing.” Buffy wished she never brought the subject up.

“Oh, now you have to tell us!” exclaimed Anya. “ Please! You know the three of us are going to be best friends so you might as well spill your guts now.” She smiled brightly at Buffy.

Despite the girl’s bluntness, Buffy really did like Anya. And Willow seemed like such a sweet girl.

“Okay, what the hell. What happened was my grandmother was trying to set me up with this guy and I was really pissed she was setting me up so I decided to have a little fun with him. He seemed like a really fuddy duddy type, so I started coming onto him really strong to make him uncomfortable. Well he responded and we started kissing and I realized he was really attractive. Plus he was a great kisser! So we started making out and my uncle walked in on us. He sent they guy home and I haven’t heard from him since.”

“Wow, that really sucks.” Willow offered sympathetically.

Anya nodded in agreement. “Maybe he’s just scared of your uncle. Maybe now that you’re at school, he’ll call.”

“I hope so. I kind of became friends with his sister and my grandmother and his father are really good friends, so it’s going to be really uncomfortable if he doesn’t.”

Willow and Anya nodded in agreement.

The girls spent the afternoon exploring the campus and getting their books. They went back to the dorm to catch a nap before going out that night.





A/N: Please Review!!! Thanks!!!!