Chapter 13 – Pizza

A/N: Thank you for the reviews! I wish I could write faster, but I have a slow brain.


Buffy ended up meeting Anya and Willow at Willy’s Pizza and Pub since she had to stop by the post office and mail pictures of her dorm room to her mom and Cordy. She would have to remember to get a digital camera so she could email them. Dawn had helped her pick out a great laptop and accessories, but they forgot to get a camera.

It was hard to find parking in the town that evening so Buffy ended up parking a few blocks away from the pub. ‘I should have walked like Anya and Willow’, she thought to herself as she made her way across the street. Buffy’s feet were killing her. She was wearing black platform sandals, not the best shoes for walking, but she had to admit they went great with her pink halter top and black leather pants. She was so lost in thought about her outfit that she didn’t hear the motorcycle roaring toward her.

“Buffy!” A strong arm pulled her out of the bike’s path.

The helmet less driver slowed for a moment and smirked at her. “Silly bint, need to watch where you walk.”

Buffy could only gape at rider’s rudeness and beauty. He had the most piercing blue eyes she had ever seen, along with gorgeous sharp cheekbones, full sensuous lips and white-blond hair. Before she could think of a response he turned and rode on, black duster billowing behind him.

“Damn it Spike! Watch where you’re going!”

Buffy suddenly remembered that she had been rescued and was still being held by a very strong man who was now shaking his fist at the disappearing bike. She looked up and gasped.

“Angel!”

“Buffy, you need to watch where you’re walking. This isn’t America, you can’t just go jay walking.”

Buffy pulled herself out of his grasp and angrily pointed a finger in his face. “You! Where have you been! I’ve been calling you for a week now.”

“I’m sorry Buffy, it’s just after what happened with Ethan, I thought I better keep my distance.”

“Well you could have called. I can’t even imagine what you were thinking.” Buffy huffed.

“Buffy, I am so sorry, but I want to make it up to you. We’re away from Ethan’s prying eyes, so now we can be together. Buffy I haven’t stopped thinking about you.” Angel ran his hand down Buffy’s bare arm. “You look so beautiful tonight. You don’t have a date, do you?”

“No.” Buffy blushed. “I’m just meeting some of my friends.”

“Good.” Angel leaned down and kissed Buffy passionately, his hand roaming over her curves. “So why don’t I pick you up tomorrow night and we’ll have dinner.”

“Okay,” Buffy squeaked, flustered by the intensity of the kiss.

“Great, then I’ll see you tomorrow.” He let their lips brush, and then turned and walked down the street.

Buffy stood watching until he disappeared. Her heart was doing somersaults, and she couldn’t say why. When she first met Angel she didn’t really care for him. Then that night in the game room she had felt such passion… okay maybe it was lust, but she sure felt it, whatever it was! But afterwards, along with what Ethan had done to her she felt so ashamed and she had problems separating the awful feelings Ethan gave her with the good ones Angel did.

Buffy carefully crossed the street and walked into Willy’s. She felt a little weird only being 18 and walking into a bar, but hey, she was in England now and it was a pub. She quickly scanned the room and saw Willow sitting at a table by herself.

“Hey Will, what’s up?” Buffy asked as she sat down.

“Oh, hey Buffy. Not much. Just waiting for Anya.” She pointed across the room. Buffy looked over and saw Anya leaning against one of the pool tables talking to a kind looking dark haired man with big brown eyes. He wore a shirt with ‘Willy’s” on it.

“Hey maybe he can help her get a job here. She’s was telling me earlier she’s been looking.” Buffy commented, though she new a job was the last thing Anya was looking for with that guy.

Anya brought the cute guy over to the girls. “Willow, Buffy, this is Xander Harris. His dad is the Willy. He owns this place.”

“Hi!” The girls said in unison.

“Ladies.” Xander smiled broadly. “I hope your enjoying yourselves.” Buffy noticed Xander had an Irish brogue.

“Very much so.” Anya batted her eyes at him.

“We just got here.” Buffy replied.

“Well, let me get you ladies a round. My pop has a special brew I’m sure you’ll love.” He left to get the ale.

“So what do you think?” Anya asked the girls, expectantly.

“Very cute.” Buffy replied. She noticed Willow was being very silent.

“Xander said they have a great band playing tonight called ‘Dingo’s Ate My Baby’. Apparently they’re from Ireland and play here often.” Anya continued to chatter on about Xander.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you guys my news.” Buffy interrupted.

“What news?” Willow finally spoke.

“I saw Angel and we’re going out tomorrow night!” Buffy squealed.

“Wow, how did that happen?” Anya had thought for sure Buffy would never see him again the way she described him running from her uncle.

Buffy relayed the story of her brush with death and subsequent rescue.

“Wow, a hot guy on a motorcycle almost runs you over.” Anya said dreamily.

“Anya, that was not the point of the story. The point was a hot guy rescued Buffy from the evil motorcycle guy and that made with the smoochies.” Willow argued.

“I never said Spike was hot.” Buffy protested.

“Well you certainly remembered his piercing blue eyes and I don’t think you’d remember his name is he was ugly.” Anya pointed out.

“Spike’s an odd name. How could you forget someone named Spike?” Buffy countered.

“Yeah Buffy, tell me another one.” Anya rolled her eyes.

Fortunately for Buffy, Xander arrived with pizza and beer.

Just as the girls were finishing the food, the band took the stage. The Dingo’s were introduced by Willy himself as his friends from Dublin. There sound was different… but Buffy enjoyed it. Anya was in thrall over how cute the boys were. Buffy and Willow were beginning to see that Anya not only enjoyed sex, but seemed to have a goal of sleeping with as many hot European men as possible. After the band finished their set, she quickly cornered the signer and bassist. Buffy and Willow hung back and talked with Xander. He was extremely nice and Buffy liked him a lot. But she noticed that Anya wasn’t the only one interested in Xander. Willow was practically drooling over him. Xander didn’t seem to notice. His kept glancing over at Anya. When it seemed he couldn’t take her flirting anymore he excused himself, walked over to her and pulled her onto the dance floor. Buffy found the move barbaric, but romantic at the same time. By the looks of things, those two were going to be generating some heat. But the look on Willow’s face quickly confirmed Buffy’s suspicion. Willow had a crush on Xander.

“Come on Willow, let’s dance.”

“I, uh, don’t dance.” Willow blushed.

“Sure you do! Come on, just follow my lead.” Buffy pulled the girl onto the dance floor. Buffy started swaying to the music. “Just copy me.”

Willow watched Buffy and tried to follow. Buffy’s moves were a bit too sensuous for Willow, but she soon was able to tame them down into a rhythm that was her own. The two girls were quickly noticed and had many men surrounding them. Buffy favored no one; she danced around the floor always coming back to Willow. Anya soon grew tired of Xander and joined them. The three girls were breathtaking.

+++++++


He watched from the balcony. The sexy threesome who drew a crowd. He watched one in particular. Yes, that was the silly bint who stepped in front of his bike. The one Angelus held onto tightly. He knew it was more than a rescue. He had seen Angelus following the girl as she made her way down the street. She was radiant and glowing as she danced. Danced as no English girl would. He wondered were she was from. He hadn’t heard her speak. Earlier she had stared at him like a frightened child. He shouldn’t have spoken so harshly to her. She was so young. But her moves were sensuous, that of a woman who was sure of herself. He wanted to go down, to get closer. But not with this crowd, and not until he knew her connection to Angelus.