PART 2

Night after night they began feeling one drawn by the other. Both of them couldn’t wait ‘till the sunset to see each other again, to chat and to fight just like two children.

One night Buffy was late, making Spike face all alone a demon stronger than usual .
Spike was sat on a tombstone, lost in his thoughts, worried for Buffy cos she hadn’t shown up . So, the demon had taken advantage of the situation to attack him by surprise. Spike had faced a hard struggle, but finally had managed to make the enemy escape, but at what price!

In fact, when Buffy arrived she found him spread out on the ground, senseless and injured in a bad way. Carefully , she put his head on her lap, stroking tenderly his face. The contact with her hot body made him recover and slowly he opened his eyes, so she immediately gave up caressing him.
“Slayer..”
“Spike, what happened?”
“A demon, a strong one. We fought and , I’m sorry, I hadn’t been able to kill him, but.. as you can see, he didn’t kill me , either! Baby, I’m really hard to kill!” he said with a faint voice, grimacing with pain because off the numerous wounds.
Buffy didn’t think ‘bout twice and helping him walk, putting his arm on her shoulder, she carried him home with her.

Once she had open her bedroom door, she laid him on her bed .
“ Hun, I feel better now, I can go home, don’t worry!”
“Not on your un-life, Spike! You’re still weak and I can’t let you go home all alone. What would happen if you met that fucking fied ? No, no, I don’t even wanna think about it, tonight you stay here with me!”
He smiled at her, amazed by so much care towards him.

She began taking off his clothes to medicate his wounds and that put him in huge embarrassment , but he didn’t dare to offer any resistance.
Suddenly, she felt attracted by a little cut on his chest, and she bent over him and started licking it.
“Wow, pet, what the bloody hell are you doing ?” he asked, amused and also pleased by the tickle of her hair on his skin.
She raised her head to answer.
“You know.. I’m a Slayer, I have killed lots of vampires in my life, but I’ve always wondered how to suck blood is, so now I wanna try..” so she bent again , pressing softly her lips against the little bleeding cut, sucking it.
“Mm.. it feels so bloody good .. “ he purred.
”..so, how is it , Slayer ?”
“Well, it’s not like a Hamburger or Pizza.. , but it’s not so bad .. after all!” she smiled, finishing medicating even the last serious wound, while he was chuckling for her answer.
“Funny, there’s a switch of roles .. and if you act like a vampire, I’ll have to act like a Slayer, staking you in the heart ..but I’ve got a better idea…” and in the meantime he lifted her chin with a finger, getting closer to her lips to give her a short but intense kiss.
She remained still, shoked, carrying on watching him confused.
“Oh, pet, forgive me, I don’t know what..”
“Spike, just do it again !” she cut short him, coming back closer to him, who started kissing her forehead, her eyes, her nose , to meet again her sweet lips, but this time the kiss was longer and deeper.
After several kisses and caresses… finally they shared !

-------------------------------------------------------
“Who would have ever said it ?” he smiled, holding her tight to him.
“A Vampire and a Slayer !!” she laughed, putting her head on his shoulder.
“We were supposed to try to kill each other ,instead , I found out that to love you is the best thing that has ever happened to me!” he confessed, kissing her once again.
“Now, you’d better sleep, pet ; it’s rather late and tomorrow you gotta get up early, University starts again.. remember?”
“Damn! I almost forgot! So, me studying hard at school and you being in bed ‘till sunset .. it’s not right! Sometimes…I envy your style of life!”.
She couldn’t believe she had really said that, as he couldn’t believe he had really heard her saying that.

So, there was a deep silent , that she tried to break.
“I’m sorry but that sodding fiend will still live for few days, but when I come back and we find him again.. he’ll regret coming in Sunnydale!”
“Yeah, we’ll kick his bloody ass!”
“Sure, Spike! He’ll pay hard for what he did to you, my poor babe.. “ she cuddled him.
“Anyway, luv, even if I’m not home, don’t worry and make yourself at home. Mom is on a trip for work, so nobody will open the window, letting the sun in the room ..”
He smiled at her.
“ My Slayer is so cute, she has thought ‘bout everything .. thank you so much , pet”.
And after a last goodnight kiss she fell asleep in his arms .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The day after, when Spike woke up was already 3 pm. And Buffy had gone for hours; but she had let every room dark , of course!
Passing satisfied a finger on his lips that still tasted of Buffy he turned the light on, watching with great attention every corner of her room, observing amused the pile of the clothes thrown on the chair . But when he looked her night table he found something less funny : a portrait with a photo of her and Riley together.
A shower of thoughts started invadin’ his mind.

< My Buffy .. I can’t say yet she’s mine at all, if on daylight that bloody wanker can see her, stay with her every bloody time he wants ! Maybe..while I’m here, waiting for sunset, he ‘s kissing her, as what had been between us last night means nothing to her, maybe she doesn’t even remember .. no, it’s not possible, it MUST have meant something to her, too ! >

He couldn’t ‘live’ (well, it’s not the most suitable word for a vampire! ) with that doubt .
By then he had already taken his decision. But before he had to be sure ‘bout it.

--------------------------------
Buffy had met again her friends at University , but she wasn’t so happy . She had been at her lesson for more than one hour, but no teacher’s word seemed to go in her ears, she had other thoughts in her mind.

< Oh, if only Spike was here we could go out for a walk, ..there’s nothin’ that I wouldn’t give to see him in the sunlight.. > .

She knew it was impossible, but what was happening to her ? She and Spike ?! Just two week before her greatest ambition was to stake him in the heart and.. now she felt lost without him !

< Well, love ‘s funny thing! > she thought amused, while she was scribbling her notebook with their names inside a heart , the same heart that before she had filled of ‘Angel’ and then of ‘Riley’.. yeah, Riley .. but by then she didn’t care ‘bout him anymore, and she avoided him much as possible.
She didn’t care ‘bout anything.. by then in her mind there was only Spike..

< He can’t be with me in the sunlight, but I could stay with him in the darkness if he… NOOOOO, what the hell am I thinking?>

-------------------------------
“Why does the sun exist? If only it was night forever..” Buffy had thought with a loud voice in her room, so Willow had heard her.
“What ?” she asked , looking at her in disbelief .

Buffy would have liked so much to confess everything to her best friend, but she was scared, she was too scared that she, Xander, or Giles.. no one would ever understand her.

“Oh sorry Willow, I don’t even know how I could say such a stupid thing. Maybe too much study makes me a fool !” she laughed, trying to dissuade her friend from that dangerous argument ..and she took in.
“Buffy, you’re so odd sometimes.. I give up understanding you !”.

TBC