Author's Chapter Notes:
(warning for adult language but it is very mild in this chapter)
Spike left the building and cursed as rain began falling “Bloody Fucking Bitch!” Spike screamed into the sky and the rain began to fall harder.

Dawn looked at him in surprise “thought that would take longer” she said standing under a large brown umbrella.

Spike looked at her in defeat and began walking over to her “yeah well big sis has some issues”.

Dawn stared at him “issues....what did she say?” Spike sighed “nah nothing important”.

Dawn pulled him under the umbrella “what did my sister say?” her blue eyes looked into his.

“She said she loves me, but we can’t do anything about it” Spike decided to tell her everything.

Dawn had a look of confusion on her face “huh? Wait its freezing out here and I’m going to go and talk some sense into my mentally deranged sister, you just hold this” she thrust the umbrella into his hands and ran into the apartment building.

Dawn couldn’t believe this, was her sister stupid?
As she entered the apartment all of the angry words died on her lips, Buffy was curled up on the floor and her body was heaving with sobs.

“Buffy?” Dawn crouched down next to the crying blonde and softly stroked Buffy’s back.

“Buffy come on” Dawn pulled her sister up and into a hug.

“Buffy what did you do?” Dawn asked as she pulled out of the hug.

Buffy’s lip trembled and tears were still making their way down her cheeks, Dawn sighed and pushed Buffy in the direction of the couch.

“Ok Buffy we have to sort this out now, there is a vampire that loves you standing out in the rain.....wow it’s really pouring out there” Dawn shook her head “and you just rejected that vampire, why? Are you stupid?”

Buffy looked at her in surprise “Dawn I’m not stupid, I’m just doing what’s right”.

“Oh I see you’re doing what’s right, so letting yourself fuck up this one chance to be happy with Spike is going to benefit you” Dawn nodded her head “yeah that sounds like it’s the best thing in the world”.

Thunder crashed outside, the large booming sound making Dawn jump.

“Dawn it wouldn’t work, we’ve tried it and it ended in attempted rape!” Buffy had to raise her voice to be heard over the storm.

“That was before and you didn’t love him then!” Dawn yelled at her sister and the lights began to flicker.

Buffy looked down at her hands and Dawn’s eyes widened almost comically.

“You loved him! Why didn’t you tell me?” Dawn asked right before all the lights went out.

Buffy looked around “Oh God what have I done, where’s Spike now?” she asked quietly.

Dawn grasped for her sister in the dark “he should be in the building, unless he was stupid enough to stay out in the rain”.

Buffy gave a small laugh and stood.

“Buffy I can’t see a thing” Dawn stood and pulled out her phone, flipping it open and illuminating the room in a blue glow.

Buffy looked over at her sister “Dawn I’m going to find Spike”.

“What are you going to tell him?” Dawn asked as she lit a candle.

“I don’t know but I have to find him”.

Buffy didn’t give her sister time to reply before rushing down the stairs. She pushed her way past a crowd and searched for him.

She looked to the main doors and saw Dawn’s umbrella resting against the wall. Buffy narrowed her eyes and ran out into the pouring rain, getting soaked instantly.

“Spike!” Buffy could barely hear herself over the rain.

“Buffy” Spike stood under a small shelter, smoke curling around his head like a halo.

“Spike” Buffy walked over to him, her body shivering from the rain.

“You’re soaked through luv, Why aren’t you inside?” Spike threw his cigarette down into a puddle and took off his duster.

At Buffy’s curious look Spike sighed and pushed the duster towards her.

“Thankyou” she pulled it on quickly and stepped under the shelter.

They looked at each other for a few moments, finally noticing how close they actually were.

Thunder crashed again, making Buffy subconsciously move closer to Spike. Spike grabbed her and hugged her to him, just happy to be near her again.

Buffy wrapped her arms around him and rested her head on his shoulder, never wanting to break the embrace.

“I want to be with you and I want to love you, let me love you sweetheart” Spike muttered into her hair.

“Yes you can love me, I want to be with you too and I want to love you” Buffy mumbled into his shoulder before hugging him tighter.

Buffy was the first to pull back after what seemed like hours. “We should go inside, looks like the power is back on”.

Spike nodded and reluctantly removed his hands from her body. Buffy instantly missed the contact and latched onto his hand, relieved when he gave hers a small squeeze.

As they made their way into the apartment, Dawn stopped pacing “do you two know how long you’ve been gone!? Do you? I was worried sick, I mean there is a raging storm outside, you two are gone for over an hour and you come back soaked!”

Dawn studied them for a few seconds “you’re wearing Spike’s coat”.

Buffy pulled Spike over to the couch and sat down close to him “yeah, I am, Dawn I had no idea we were out there for that long” Buffy began her apology.

“Hey, don’t sweat it I’m a big girl and I’m perfectly capable of looking after myself” Dawn gave a small smile and sat down on the lounge chair.

“You’re not capable, last time I left you alone for more than ten minutes you ended up setting the curtains on fire” Buffy said, giving her sister a look.

“Oh come on, how was I meant to know that the gas would react like that” Dawn whined. Before the sisters could get into a debate Spike stepped in.

“Look ladies, neither of you can cook, Buffy you almost burnt your house down by boiling some water and Dawn you once tried to serve me raw fish sticks”.

Dawn pouted “they were cooked on the outside” she mumbled and they all looked to the door as three sharp knocks were heard. “I’ll get it” Dawn said as she stood.

“Ciao Bella” A boy around Dawn’s age smiled charmingly at her.

“MARCO!” Dawn shrieked and immediately jumped on him, kissing him straight on the mouth.

“Dawn” Marco spun her around and Dawn laughed happily.

“Who’s that prick and why is he kissing Dawn?” Spike growled and his eyes held flecks of Gold.

“Down boy, that’s Marco and he’s Dawn’s boyfriend” Buffy cringed at the look on Spike’s face, his eyes were hard and he had the look of a murderer.

Dawn bounced into the apartment “hey Marco and I are going to the pub”.

Buffy smiled “have fun and don’t you dare get drunk again”. Dawn nodded and kissed Buffy on the cheek; she reached over and hugged Spike tightly.

“Oh and you guys, try and be quiet, our neighbours really don’t need to hear you two having sex” Dawn smiled and Spike looked at her a little shocked.

Then she was gone once again leaving the two blondes in the now silent apartment.

“Look we don’t need to do anything” Spike started but Buffy cut him off “No I want to”.

Spike looked at her and she blushed “you know only if you want to”.

Spike smiled and crushed her lips to his.

TBC.......


Chapter End Notes:
I'm really not sure about this chapter so please review and tell me what you thought. Oh and next up Smut :)