Oz heard three sharp knocks, groaning he sat up and rubbed his eyes.

As he opened the door he took in the form of a younger brunette haired girl, her shoes were those of a privet school and her hair was down to her bellybutton which had a silver belly ring that sparkled in the sunlight. Her white school top was tied to show her midsection and her skirt was a good three inches above her knee.

Oz went to speak but she beat him to it.

“Right, so I go to my brother’s apartment and this Chinese girl opens the door, so I think it’s my brother’s new girlfriend. So I go to hug her but then this Chinese man comes up behind her and I’m like who are you? Then I go to accuse her of cheating on my brother and she asks me the same thing. So I assume she doesn’t know my brother because lets face it, he’d mention me. So I ask if they know him, and they say that I could find him here, are you gonna let me in?” She looked at Oz in frustration.

“Um” Oz stammered, still trying to figure out who the girl was.

“Geez, Daniel I go away for three years and you forget who I am” She rolled her blue eyes.

“Dawn?” Oz looked at her stunned “you’ve grown...”

“Boobs, yeah I know” Dawn looked down at her breasts and then back at him “so where’s my brother?”

Spike walked out at that moment and Dawn shrieked “Spike!”

Spike looked over and grinned as a flying bundle of energy came hurtling towards him.

He lifted up his sister and hugged her tight “lo bit”.

He pulled back and looked at her clothes “for God’s sake, at least cover up a little bit” he yanked one of his denim jackets off the rack and chucked it at her. Dawn sighed and pulled it on.

Oz closed the door and threw himself onto the couch.

Dawn rolled her eyes and sat on his legs “don’t take up the couch if you aren’t prepared to have me sit on you” she grinned triumphantly when he moved.

“So Spike, where’s Buffy?” Dawn caught the can of diet coke he threw at her.

“Her house” Spike sipped his beer and slumped into an armchair.

“Oh” Dawn’s face fell “Can we go see her now?”

“Yeah, she’d probably wanna see you nib” Spike stood and made his way to the door, Dawn following close behind.

Spike passed Dawn a helmet and jumped on his motorbike; she sighed and placed the helmet on her head before hopping on the bike.

He gunned the engine into life and roared off down the street. Dawn laughed; her brother always drove fast but he made sure that she was safe.

Buffy lived around the corner from Spike; they had become friends when they were fourteen. Both their mother’s had joined together at the school and Buffy had been forced to study with him. At first it had been incredibly awkward. Spike at the time had had brown curly hair and glasses, now he had bleach blond hair that he kept slicked back and he wore contacts.

As for Buffy, well she was Buffy, she didn’t change. She was still beautiful, with her green eyes that held flecks of gold and her sunny blonde hair that was always in loose ringlets unless she straightened it. Dawn wondered how Buffy would react to seeing her because she had definitely changed.

As the bike slowed, Buffy’s house came in sight.
Dawn was first off the bike. She pulled off her helmet and placed it on the bike, practically running up the pathway. She knocked excitedly and waited, her whole body coiled with energy.

Buffy opened the door to see a teenager, who was grinning madly.

“Dawn?” Buffy squinted and Dawn flew at her, wrapping her up in a hug.

Buffy grinned and hugged her tighter. “Dawnie what on earth are you doing here?” Buffy asked as she pulled back from the hug.

“Well I decided to surprise everyone by coming home for winter break, well its winter over there” Dawn grinned.

“That’s great” Buffy smiled again “So where’s Billy?”

Dawn smirked at the nickname they had come up with for Spike.

“Billy” Dawn called in a sing song voice.

“Bloody hell are you chits gonna start up with that again?” Spike looked at them in desperation.

Buffy grinned “no Spikey” she hugged him and Dawn noticed that Spike sniffed her hair ‘interesting’.

“So where’s what’s his name?” Dawn asked politely.

“He’s inside” Buffy ushered them into the house and went in search of her husband.

Riley entered the room, Buffy following with a pitcher of lemonade.

“Hey kid” Riley ruffled Dawn’s hair.

“I’m not a kid” she snapped, giving him a glare that could melt ice. She was infuriated when he laughed it off.

Buffy gave her a sympathetic look and placed the lemonade on the coffee table.

Dawn observed the conversation. She hated Riley with a passion, every time he spoke to her she felt like kicking him in the groin and slicing out his tongue. She didn’t know why, maybe it was because he gave off a serial killer vibe. She shrugged and went back to picturing Riley’s head filled with darts.

Spike looked over at Buffy, she looked beautiful as usual. Her green eyes were vibrant and her golden tresses were falling over her shoulders in loose ringlets. Spike had always seen her as beautiful but had never felt anything more then friendship towards her.

She was simply dressed today, faded black jeans a white sweater and black heeled boots.

Then there was Riley. He wasn’t good enough for her, hell he wasn’t good enough to warrant time out of her life. He was an average man, about an inch or two taller than Spike, sandy brown hair, brown eyes, weirdly white smile and an average build.

Spike felt like punching the goofy grin right of the bastard’s face.

Dawn was picturing Riley getting sawn in half when the doorbell rang. Buffy excused herself and walked over to the door.

Anya grinned before shrieking. Buffy shrieked and they hugged.

Both girls jumped up and down, not taking a breath from their screaming.

“Bloody hell” Spike frowned and looked over in the direction of Buffy, seeing Anya he understood the shrieks.

Riley didn’t.

Anya had been in Buffy’s dorm room in college. It had been a year since either girl had seen each other because Anya had taken a year to study abroad in Europe. Buffy had dropped out of college when her mum had passed away; the work load had been crushing her.

The girls had finally stopped their high pitched greeting and were talking a mile a minute.

“Oh my God Anya, you’re hair’s blonde”.

“I love your boots, I am so borrowing them”.

“Oh did it work out with that Italian guy Paolo?”

“Nah he was absorbed in his body”.

Spike tried to follow the conversation but found it impossible. He looked over at Dawn who was shooting daggers at Riley.

He sighed and punched her lightly in the shoulder. “Ouch” the brunette shot her brother a look.

“Play nice Niblet”.

Five hours later, Riley was at work, Buffy and Anya were slightly tipsy, Dawn was giggling at their jokes and Spike was trying to put together an office chair for Buffy.

“Here Spikey I’ll help!” Buffy swayed slightly but made her way over to the chair.

“Luv you’re pissed and I don’t expect you to be able to walk in a straight line, let alone put together this fucking chair!” Spike stated before throwing a screwdriver at the ground.

“I am tipsy at the most and I can put a chair together” Buffy bent down and grabbed the manual, unknowingly pushing her breasts into Spike’s face.

Dawn however did notice and was waiting for her brother to react.

Spike didn’t notice and Buffy plonked down into a sitting position. ‘So he’s not that far gone then’ Dawn sighed and watched the two.

After twenty minutes Dawn had fallen asleep and Anya was snoring slightly.

Spike connected a wheel and smiled in triumph and Buffy threw the manual down, she rested her head on his shoulder “can’t do it” she said pouting.

Spike sighed and picked up the petite blonde and carried her over to the couch.

Buffy curled up and he threw a comforter on her before shaking Dawn’s shoulder. “Don’t hurt the monkey!” Dawn shouted as she shot up.

She smiled sheepishly and noticed both blondes were sound asleep. “Come on nib” Spike grabbed his leather duster and they both left.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Buffy roused from her sleep to find herself alone. She looked over to where Anya was supposed to be sleeping and saw a note.

Buffy
Sorry I couldn’t stay work called,
promise me we will do something tomorrow,
I’m staying at my sister’s house.
Love Anya-


Buffy smiled and made a mental note to call her friend later. ‘Speaking of’ Buffy yanked out her cell and pressed speed dial one.

After a few rings Spike picked up.

“Lo’ luv”.

“You took of without saying goodbye” Buffy put on her sad voice, she’d learnt early on that when she pouted and spoke in a hurt voice, Spike would do anything for her.

“M’ sorry luv, didn’t want to wake you is all” Spike sounded sincere so she piped up again.

“That’s fine, hey lets do something tomorrow, bring Dawnie and we’ll have lunch, I’m guessing Anya’s going to drag me off to a club so I’m free” Buffy sunk down into her lounge chair.

“Alright, meet you at your house, eleven thirty”.

“Cool, bye”.

“Bye pet”.

Buffy slid her phone shut and smiled, it was going to be a good week.






Chapter End Notes:
So what do you think? Worth continuing or trash-worthy.