Author's Chapter Notes:
thankyou to everyone who has reviewed so far, you're all really wonderful.
Buffy scowled at the television screen, of course the guy turned out to be perfect. She stopped scowling when she heard a knock on her door “Come in.”

Spike came into her room and sat down on the edge of her bed with a smile, “didn’t go so well” he said softly. Buffy blinked a few times as a flashback came over her.

(Flashback)

“Didn’t go so well” Spike’s eyes were watery and his smile had turned into a frown.

Buffy moved closer “Was she...?”

“She was screwing that Parker bloke” he said as a few tears fell, Buffy moved even closer and wrapped her arms around him, hating that this whore had made her best friend feel like this.

Spike hugged her back and they sat together for what felt like hours.

They both fell asleep and Joyce looked at them from the doorway, they were both so grown up, her little girl and William were now 17 years old, and if they would only realise that they made a perfect couple she would be able to sleep well at night.

(End flashback)

“What went wrong?” she asked softly, turning down the television.

“She uh...she made me realise that she wasn’t the one that I wanted to be out with” he said looking down.

She gave a small smile “Then who are you meant to be out with?” she was curious now.

“Ah well...um someone in the house” he said cautiously, he figured he may as well break it to her slowly.

Buffy’s expression went from one of curiosity to one of shock “what?”

“Yeah uh....” he fumbled for words inside his clouded brain.

“Willow?” she asked, gaze narrowed.

“What? No” he looked at her oddly, oh fun she was going to play the guessing game.

“Before I go on we are talking about a girl right?” she teased lightly.

He gave her a girl and she smiled “Alright, Anya?”

He shook his head.

She eyed him warily and after a long pause voiced her suspicion “Darla?”

“God No, I’m not going to take Angel’s wife” Spike shook his head as he said it, hoping that she’d get it before she started naming animals.

“Well, it’s not Willow, Dawn, Darla, and not any of the guys so that leaves.......” Buffy trailed off and stared shocked into his eyes “oh.”

Spike looked at her, wondering how she’d react, she stared at him for a long time before she said anything.

“Um...you like me?” she asked as she worried her lower lip.

“Yeah Buffy I...like you” he considered telling her he loved her but decided against it, he didn’t want to freak her out any more than she already was.

“Uh....well uh...when did you figure this out?” Buffy’s mind was currently in a whirlwind and she didn’t see herself coming out of it any time soon.

“Tonight, Angela said that I shouldn’t be out with her if I had someone back home and then it sort of hit me” he fiddled with a lose thread as Buffy sat back against the headboard and chewed on her nail.

The silence stretched out to the point where it was becoming awkward and Buffy broke it “What about the train wreck that was our relationship in high school?” she stopped biting her nail and took a few seconds to figure out that she’d ruined her manicure.

“Well, Buffy we’re more mature now and uh....bloody hell you know what, I like you, hell I have for a long time I probably never stopped but I need to know if you like me back, even if it’s just a tiny bit I can deal with it” he looked at her in slight desperation.

She kissed him lightly, barely brushing her lips against his “I need time, to think” she gave him a sad smile “but I do want you to know, that you’re my best friend and I love you and whatever I decide I need to know that my decision won’t affect our friendship, and does that make sense?”

He nodded, brushing a loose strand of hair away from her face “I’m gonna give you time Buffy, but I’ve never been good at waiting for what I want, so don’t expect me to give you more than a couple of days” he smirked at her and traced a line down the column of her neck, making her shiver.

She gave him a look “You’re going to use your good looks as a weapon aren’t you?”

He didn’t reply but the smirk he wore gave Buffy her answer, before either could say anything there was a knock at the door “Come in” Buffy said as she moved into a more comfortable position. Dawn, Willow, Anya and Darla all entered the room; Spike smiled at the four ladies and decided to leave “I’ll see you lovely ladies tomorrow, night” he turned to Buffy and mouthed ‘sweet dreams luv’ before leaving with a smirk.

Anya waited until the door was closed before she jumped on Buffy’s bed “what was that all about?” she questioned the wide eyed blonde.

“What was what about?” she asked innocently.

“Oh don’t pull that shit, what was that look?” Anya looked like she was about to explode, the rest of the girls joined them on the bed, all taking a pillow to lean on. Buffy looked at them all for a few seconds.

“Alright, we’re kinda, maybe, sort of starting something” she said excitedly.

Dawn was the first to squeal in excitement “OH MY GOD! My brother and his best friend, Gah how romantic” her eyes twinkled and she was grinning from ear to ear.

Buffy smiled, tonight was going to be a long night of girly chats and ice cream.

~~~~

Spike, Angel, Oz and Xander all looked up at the ceiling after hearing Dawn shriek ‘Oh My God!’ They all shook their heads and turned on the sport channel “Come on guys there has to be something worth watching it’s only” Angel paused and looked at his watch “nine thirty” Oz picked up the television guide and started to look through it.

“So what do you suppose those five are talking about?” Xander asked, giving one last glance up at the ceiling.

“Wouldn’t have a clue mate” Spike lied with ease, he didn’t want to tell them about this new thing between Buffy and himself but he knew that the four girls upstairs would squeeze every detail they could get from Buffy, probably within the hour.

All of the guys started to watch the soccer match and only looked up when Willow and Anya came down the stairs “Sorry to interrupt just getting the fundamental items for any girly chat” Anya said as she moved through the living room to the kitchen.

“Those would be?” Angel asked.

“Oh you know ice cream, raw cookie dough, sodas, chocolate, potato chips oh and we’re gonna heat up some pizza” Willow replied.

Anya came back out of the kitchen, arms full of ice cream tubs, cookie dough and chips “Willow grab the chocolate and the sodas, pizza should be done in ten minutes” Willow nodded as Anya jogged up the stairs, managing to keep hold of everything.

(Two hours later)

Oz looked around at the scene in front of him. Xander was fast asleep, chips all the way down his shirt, Angel and Spike had fallen asleep and accidently moved to spoon each other, Angel being the big spoon and he didn’t even have a camera.

He shook his head and moved up the stairs, God he hoped that they all stayed that way so the girls had a chance to see them. As he rounded the top of the stairs he bumped into Willow.

“Sorry” she smiled at him.

“No problem,”

“So did you enjoy your night with the guys?” she asked as she leant against the railing, she had been flirting with Oz since they had arrived and she hoped that he was getting her signals.

“Yeah but can I just try something?” he asked.

“Sure, what do you want to try...” Oz cut her off with a kiss, her eyes went wide for a few seconds before closing.

When he broke the kiss she blushed prettily and he gave her a smile “night Will” he said before going to his room.

Willow smiled and touched her lips, oh yeah she definitely had something new to talk about with the girls.


Chapter End Notes:
Review?