Author's Chapter Notes:
Another chapter up, sorry for the delay.
“Honestly, I think you should sleep with him” Anya commented as she took a sip of her latte.

“Anya if I was deciding on a heart surgery you would suggest sleeping with the surgeon” Willow ran her hands through her soft hair and sighed.

Buffy and Darla came back to the table giggling “Hey guys who died?” Buffy said as she took her seat next to Willow.

“No one I’m just trying to decide about Oz” Willow looked at her best friend imploringly “Please help.”

Buffy pushed her bangs out of her face “What’s to think about, Oz is a great guy, he’s intelligent, funny....when you actually get his jokes and you couldn’t find anyone nicer” she took a sip of her mocha and made a face “gross it’s cold, be right back”.

Buffy left the table and went up to the counter “Hi, sorry to be a pain but this is cold would you mind making me another one?” she smiled when the girl nodded and went around a corner. Buffy drummed her fingers against the countertop, stepping aside for a few minutes to allow another customer through.

She turned and looked around; she could swear that someone was watching her. In the corner she saw a timid woman with brown hair. She gave a small smile to the pale woman and turned around to collect her coffee.

As hard as she tried Buffy couldn’t ignore the feeling of that woman’s eyes watching her “Excuse me I’m just going to the bathroom” she said, giving her friends a smile before walking over to the red doors.

She took a seat across from the woman “Hi, I’m Buffy Summers the person you’ve been watching for at least twenty minutes, may I ask what it is you find so fascinating about me? Or do I just have something on my face” Buffy gave the woman a stare trying to get the message across that she should answer her now.

“I’m Amy, you really don’t know what you’ve got do you” she paused momentarily “you know what I shouldn’t be doing this but I feel generous today....meet me outside in five minutes.”

“What no” Buffy’s eyes widened and she shook her head “Why would I go outside with you?”

“You wouldn’t” she gave a smile “but for this you need to step outside of your comfort zone, if you meet me outside great, if you don’t it wont faze me but Summers I know I’ve got your curiosity peaked. Five minutes I wont be there if you wait until six” Amy left the diner and a very mystified Buffy.

As she made her way back to her friends she decided that she would go, this woman while weird seemed perfectly harmless.

“Hey guys I’m gonna head out, thanks for lunch” she smiled, hoping her friends wouldn’t dig any deeper.

“Where are you off to? Not that I mind but basically all your friends are right here” Willow asked as she picked off a piece of her cake and popped it in her mouth.

“I’m going to go see Spike, I figure it’s time we talked about this properly” she lied.

“Good luck” they all chimed, smiling when Buffy gave them an unimpressed look.

Buffy waved before walking out of the diner, she spotted the woman across the street and slowly approached her.

“Alright here I am” she held her arms out for emphasis.

“Great, lets take a walk” Amy said with a smile.

Buffy eyed her warily before falling in step with her.

“Where would we be going?” Buffy asked, not letting the slight fear show in her voice.

“A place” Amy said mysteriously before walking ahead.

“Great because there’s always a witness in ‘a place’” she muttered before following.

~~

They walked for twenty minutes and Buffy finally stopped, grabbing onto Amy’s arm to halt her as well “Look, I was fine with going with you but we’ve been walking for at least half an hour, I’ve yet to even recognise where we are and I spent a lot of time in this town when I was younger! Seriously do you even know where we’re going?” Buffy asked her face flushed from her rant.

“Of course I know where we’re going, but I can’t tell you” Amy said joyfully.

“Can’t or wont?” Buffy asked, irritated.

“Can’t, seriously I can’t say a detail about where we’re going or I’ll get in trouble” Amy continued walking, a small smile crossing her lips as Buffy ran to catch up with her.

“Fine but if we’re still walking in half an hour I’m leaving” Buffy declared.

Amy hid her smile, no she wasn’t.

~~

“Afternoon Ladies” Angel said to the three women before giving his wife a kiss on the lips.

“Is Buffy home yet?” Willow asked as she hung up her coat.

“Uh no, I was assuming that when you said girls day out that Buffy would be included” he looked at them oddly.

“She was, but she left at like one thirty to have a talk with Spike” Anya said as she sat down on the sofa, Darla and Willow sitting next to her.

“Maybe she just got stuck in some traffic or something” Angel shrugged “if she’s not home before five we’ll call her” he sat down in his lounge chair and flipped the television on.

~~

Buffy stopped “No that’s it I’ve had enough, if I’m going to keep following you around like a puppy then at least tell me who sent you to come and get me” Buffy winced, her heels were absolutely slaughtering her feet.

“Fine, here’s the deal I work for the PTB, which stands for Powers that be, don’t interrupt me or I will stop. I’ve been working for them for about three years. The PTB are higher beings, they control me, you and everything in this world and in this universe. They can kill either one of us with the blink of an eye and make it look like a natural death so I’d listen up. You have the power to prevent something awful, I can’t tell you what it is but I can tell you when it’s going to happen and where. It will happen outside of your ex boyfriend Angel’s cabin, you have to be there at four pm exactly two days from now, if you don’t stop this from happening you will be the one who suffers the most. But first let’s take a walk” Amy finished.

“We’ve been walking for ages where are we going?” Buffy asked incredulously.

“Buffy Summers we’re going to talk a walk through your memories.”

Before Buffy could say anything she was transported to a scene and she saw a person that she hadn’t set eyes on since that night at the amusement park, her little sister.


Chapter End Notes:
Review?