Author's Chapter Notes:
So sorry about the delay yes i am still alive :) Enjoy the chapter.
~From the previous chapter~

“What the bloody hell happened to you?” he asked as he looked her over, just to make sure she was really there.

“I’ll tell you in a second, there’s something more important that I have to tell you right now.”

“Go ahead” he looked at her expectantly.

“William I love you.”

~now~

Spike looked at her in disbelief for a few seconds and Buffy nervously clenched her hands into fists. He sighed and looked down “Buffy” he played with a loose thread “You know that I love you and I would do anything to be with you, just hearing you say those words makes my heart go haywire and my gut does back flips but how can I be sure that you wont let niggling insecurities get in the way again?” his brilliantly blue eyes locked onto her mossy green ones.

She opened her mouth but no words came out. How could she guarantee that? What if she screwed up and hurt him again? Would it be different? Would it be the same? She cringed as she felt these thoughts start to fog her brain. Spike sighed and stood up.

“Are you mad at me?” she asked, her voice small.

He rolled his eyes and clenched his jaw “Yes, no, yes, bloody hell I don’t know...Buffy” He softened when he saw her lip tremble “look kitten don’t cry, come on please don’t cry” Buffy gave him a soft smile.

“You don’t want me?” she said softly.

“What? Buffy you’re...crazy, insane what are you on about?” he began to pace, wearing a hole into the carpet.

“Spike God calm down” Buffy stood and went over to him.

“No, you pass out and I still don’t know what happened to you and now you go and tell me you love me, sorry but something is bloody off luv, do you have a concussion?” he looked her over.

Buffy rolled her eyes; she couldn’t see the problem here, bam! She told him she loved and right about now she should have been happily enjoying the lips of Spike.

She wasn’t.

“Spike I don’t have a concussion, I’m not drunk, high or hallucinating so please believe me when I say I love you” she clasped their hands together and held his gaze. She pulled him into a hug and he hugged her back, neither quite sure what to do about this new change.

“Buffy, Darla wants to know...oh sorry” Dawn watched as her brother and friend hugged, small smile on her face. She watched as they whispered to each other like they hadn’t even realised the teen was watching, quietly she backed out of the doorway and felt a calm set over her. She saw Xander coming up the stairs and sent him a look “go over there and I will kick your ass.”

Spike looked at her, apprehension in his eyes “Buffy, I need to know if you’ll be one hundred and bloody ten percent in this or if you’ll back out on me and break my heart again” he looked down before holding her gaze again.

“I’m in if you are, I swear I’ll never deliberately hurt you again and if there’s even anything I can do to begin to make this up to you, I’ll do it” she looked at him, her eyes filled with warmth “because I love you.”

Spike looked into her beautiful eyes and saw nothing but sincerity and love, they had both hurt the other before and they had a lot to work through but they would do it “I love you” he said shakily.

Then their lips met.

~~

Buffy packed her bag slowly, all of Riley’s clothes had been moved as soon as Buffy had got back in her room, with the help of Darla and Angel, though Angel had more or less torn up as much items as he could where Darla and Buffy had thrown the clothes into a box labelled ‘CRAP’. She finished packing and put her bags onto the edge of her bed and looked around the room, nothing left.

Willow watched from the door before coming in “Buffy” she put a comforting hand on the blonde’s shoulder.

“Hey Wills” Buffy said, her tone lacking the usual cheerfulness.

“With everything that’s been going on we haven’t had very many opportunities for best friend time” the red head sat down on the bed and Buffy joined her.

“Willow...I’ve missed you and I really hate that we lost touch but I don’t even know you very well anymore. I mean the last time I heard from you, you were a lesbian that was investing in magic, now you like Oz and work with computers. I love you Wills but I don’t think we’re best friends for life anymore” Buffy gave her friend a regretful look.

Willow paused “Buffy, life’s been hard for me and for you lately. I hate that we haven’t had the chance to talk for about a year but I’m not sure what we can do.”

“I know what we can do” Buffy gave her friend’s hand a light squeeze “We can try harder and I know where to start.”

~~

Buffy and Willow walked down the old dirt track, stopping when they reached the shed. Buffy gave her friend a glance before stepping forward. She slowly twisted the gold band on her finger until it came off.

She stared at the small ring which used to hold so much importance in her life, closing her eyes she remembered her wedding day “Goodbye Riley” with that she dropped the ring down the small drain that was near the door and turned back to Willow who wrapped her in a hug.

~~

As the two girls made their way up to the porch Oz came out of the house, seeing Willow he smiled. Buffy sensing that they wanted to be alone, excused herself and went inside.

As she got inside she saw Spike hang up his duster, he turned at hearing someone enter the house and gave her a genuine smile.

“Hey” she smiled and moved closer.

“Lo’ Kitten” as she moved closer his arms went around her, oblivious to the rest of the people in the two rooms adjoining to the hallway.

She kissed him, not caring who saw and felt a giddy happiness when he kissed her back.

Yes things were going to be okay.


Chapter End Notes:
Can anyone else say calm before the storm? Review?