Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorrry for the delay I had a major case of writers block with this story but I'm good now so here we go. Thanks for all the reviews and support with the story. I hope you all enjoy the chapter.
Buffy grabbed her suitcase and turned, shrieking and dropping the object when she noticed Angel standing in front of her. She gave a glance to her fallen suticase, thanking God that it hadn't split open and her clothes remained packed.

She sighed “Geez Angel, I love you but I’m getting you a bell” she joked and picked up her suitcase again, looking around the room to make sure she had everything with her. When she didn’t see Angel smile at her joke or move she put it back down.

“Is there something you wanted to talk about?” she asked as she sat down on the bed.

“What’s going on with you and Spike?” he asked, straight to the point.

“Well you saw me make out with him right next to your coat rack” she smiled.

“Buffy” his brown eyes held her gaze.

Just like that Buffy felt herself deflate, she slumped and rested her head on his shoulder “I love him Angel, I really do and I want to be with him now more than ever. I just don’t want to hurt him ever again, if I do I’ll never forgive myself, I still don’t forgive myself for breaking up with him. I never want to see pain in his eyes ever again” She took a deep breath to calm herself and waited for Angel to speak.

“Do you love him?” he asked.

“Yes” she answered.

“Do you care about him and want to be with him?”

“Yes, absolutely” she sat up straight.

“Then you’re going to be fine” he said comfortingly.

“You think so?” she asked, niggling insecurities still nagging away at her.

“Yes, you and Spike suit each other, there’s one person out there for all of us, the one person that will make us happy to be alive each day. That one person will make your heart speed up and slow down at the same time, will make you feel insanely in love, make you feel as if you’re the luckiest person in the world, if you feel like this with Spike, then you’re going to be fine” Angel hadn’t broken eye contact throughout the speech and Buffy smiled broadly.

“You are such a girl” she laughed when he pushed her “But you are correct. If Spike makes me feel like that then I will be fine. Darla’s a lucky girl” she kissed him on the cheek and grabbed her bag “thankyou Angel” with that she was gone.

~~

Spike placed Dawn’s bag in the car, this time it would just be Dawn, Buffy and himself. He smiled as the blonde came out of the house, an extra bounce in her step. She handed him her bag and gave him a kiss before hopping in the car.

Spike closed the boot but instead of walking around the driver’s side he walked past the passenger side and slid across the hood of the car, making Dawn and Buffy laugh and Angel roll his eyes.

As the trio drove away Dawn immediately fiddled with the radio, setting it on some pop music station. Spike glared at her and when Buffy started to hum along to one of the songs he groaned and prepared himself for hours of Britney Spears and Westlife.

An hour down the road, Dawn was sleeping and Buffy was leaning against the window.

“Pet you figured out what you’re going to do with Riley’s stuff?” he asked, glancing at her before returning his attention to the road.

“I’m going to Burn it” she answered, her tone lacking emotion.

“Buffy...” he began.

“No, Spike I’m going to burn that mother fucker’s clothes, objects and anything that I can find that reminds me of him and then I’m going to sell the house, maybe not straight away, I’ll have to search for a place but when I find one, I am moving out of that house” she answered, her voice never wavering.

Spike nodded “want any help?”

“Yeah I could always use a hand” she smiled at him.

~~

Buffy brought a box labelled ‘crap’ down the stairs “Okay here is another box of Riley’s clothes, put it on the pile” she gave it to Dawn who took it outside and put it on the pile that Spike had started.

Buffy looked around her bedroom, it was a lot more organised without Riley’s clothes all over the place, she grabbed the last box and came down the stairs.

“You ready luv?” Spike asked as he took the box from her.

She nodded and Dawn gave her some matches, Buffy lit one and dropped it on the pile, shrieking when the top box practically blew up. Spike pulled her back and they both gave Dawn a look.

“What? You expected all of that to burn without using a little petrol?” she snorted when all they did was look at her incredulously.

After an hour the fire was starting to die out so they went inside, Dawn put some popcorn in the microwave and turned to the blonde duo “So you guys wanna watch a movie?”

Buffy nodded “Yeah I’m up for a movie, what about you Spike?”

Spike gave a nod “As long as it’s horror.”

Both girls rolled their eyes.

~~

When they arrived back at Buffy’s house they had Willow and Oz with them, they had all met up at the video store so they had decided to stay together.

Dawn took up her place on the floor, several pillows surrounding her. Willow and Oz were leaning back against the couch, looking very couple-y. Buffy and Spike were sitting on the couch, not looking quite as much like a couple but Spike had his arm around her.

Halfway through the movie Buffy was barely paying attention. She’d been focused on Spike for the last ten minutes.

He turned his gaze to hers and smiled gently, Buffy bit her bottom lip and took in the situation, Dawn was half asleep and Willow and Oz were giggling at the movie and probably some of the comments that they were making.

She smiled wickedly and whispered “Meet me upstairs” she stood and started going up the stairs.

Spike arched a brow, knowing Buffy, things were about to get interesting, he stood and silently left the room.


Chapter End Notes:
Review?