Author's Chapter Notes:
Adult Language- is only minor.
Dawn groaned as the buzz of her alarm clock sounded, filling the room with its annoying beep. She slammed her hand down on the snooze/off button and snuggled back into the pillows.

“Dawn UP NOW!” She heard Spike yell at her from his room and she reluctantly got up.

-----

The car was filled with silence as Oz struggled to keep his eyes open.

Spike pulled up in front of Buffy’s house and dragged himself out of the car.

Buffy came bouncing out of her house, to this day Spike didn’t know where her energy came from.

“Morning” she chirped happily.

He grumbled and reached for her suitcase.

Riley slammed the door shut and went straight to the car.

“He lost a large account last night, ever since then he’s been majorly weird,” Buffy gave a small smile and started walking to the car.

Buffy hopped in the back next to Dawn and Spike threw her suitcase in the boot.

-----

One pit stop and two coffees later everyone was awake and talking. They would be going to stay with Angel, Buffy’s ex boyfriend from high school and his wife Darla.

Angel’s parents had owned a cabin up in the woods which had been given to him when he and Darla had gotten married.

Buffy and Angel were good friends, but Angel didn’t like her husband, in fact he’d tried to throw Riley through a window, and Buffy still wasn’t sure why Angel had done it.

“Hey, who of the four of you have slept with the four of you?” Dawn asked curiously.

Before Buffy could answer, her phone started buzzing.

“Hello.....yes......alright I’ll see you then hon.” Buffy hung up her phone.

“That was Anya, she, Xander and Willow will be joining us”.

Buffy noticed that Oz perked up at the sound of her red headed friend.

“No one has answered my question.” Dawn pouted and looked around at everyone expectantly.

“Guess why” Spike said sarcastically.

“Oh come on it’s a good question,” Dawn huffed and turned pleading eyes to Buffy.

Buffy sighed “Only Riley”.

Spike glanced back for a fraction of a second “And any others here would involve a major lifestyle choice”.

Buffy giggled and leant forward to toy with the radio.

“Keep your bloody hands off!” Spike grabbed her wrist and pushed it away, sending a short jolt up her arm to her elbow.

Buffy’s eyes widened along with everyone else’s.
Spike snapped at people all the time, the reason usually being he was desperately in need of coffee or pissed off, but he never snapped at Buffy, some days she was the only one he would talk to without ripping an object in half.

“Ok someone needs some more caffeine.” Buffy plucked a Styrofoam cup out of its holder and gave it to Spike.

He grabbed it and took a large mouthful.

-----

As the Desoto pulled up in front of the cabin, everyone hopped out and made their way up to the door.

Darla opened the door and smiled “Buffy hi”. The two girls hugged.

“Darla,” Spike said in greeting.

“William.” At Spike’s deathly glare, Darla relented “Spike”.

Everyone moved inside as a cool breeze began to rustle the fallen leaves near the large Oak trees.

“Angel!” Buffy shrieked and ran up to him.

“Buffy” He said with a smile as he lifted her up and spun her around.

Darla walked in with six cups of coffee.

Buffy grabbed one and quickly passed it to Spike, who frowned at her behaviour and took it.

Dawn grabbed one and sat down on one of the plush leather couches that adorned the O’Conner living room.

“So Buffy how is life as a designer going?” Darla asked as she cuddled up next to Angel.

“I don’t want to jinx myself but it’s pretty great.” The blonde sipped her coffee and noticed the absence of her husband and Spike.

-----

“Spike...” Riley walked out onto the porch to find the blonde smoking and looking out at the trees.

“Riley.” Spike didn’t bother to look at him.

“You hurt my wife.” Without warning Riley grabbed the front of Spike’s shirt and pushed him up against the wall of the house.

“What the bloody hell are you doing?!” Spike, pushed Riley out of his personal space and glared at him.

“Never lay a hand on my wife or I’ll rip your fucking throat out!” Riley pushed him violently and Spike looked at him like he was insane.

“What the hell are you playing at you ponce!” Spike yelled angrily, ready to punch the man into oblivion.

“Stay the fuck away from her!” Riley was about to advance on him again but Buffy came out onto the porch.

“Hey guys,” she said cautiously.

“Hey sweetie,” Riley kissed her on the forehead and went inside, but not before giving Spike a glare.

Buffy walked over to Spike.

“Ok what was that?” she asked as she leant against the railing.

“Nothing luv,” Spike frowned as he searched for a cigarette.

“Yeah right, come on Spike what’s going on?” Buffy looked at him with large eyes and her lip jutted out slightly.

“Where the hell are my smokes?” Spike patted his duster pocket, frantically searching for his Marlboros.

“You had a pack when we were in the car.” Buffy looked around the porch.

A memory rushed over her and she smiled. Last year Spike had tried to quit, she’d brought him patches and all, but it had lasted three days. On the second day he’d been snapping at everyone and had been jittery. On the third day he hadn’t slept and was practically rocking back and forth, that was when he’d been unable to take it and then he’d spent half an hour on the veranda smoking like a chimney.

“Bloody hell” Spike rounded the cabin and slouched onto the steps.

“No cigarettes?” Buffy slouched down next to him.

Spike just gave her a look and she held her hands up in surrender.

“There’s a store not far from here, I’ll go with you, just give me a second to get changed. It’s really freezing up here”. Buffy stood and walked back inside.

After a few minutes Spike went in the cabin to go find Darla.

“Darla, where am I staying?” Spike looked at the petite blonde.

“Upstairs to your right, but the room next to yours is Buffy and Riley’s”.

Spike sighed and made his way up to his room.

He opened the heavy chestnut door to find a very naked Buffy.


Chapter End Notes:
So what did you think?