Author's Chapter Notes:
I just want to say thankyou to everyone who has reviewed, you're all wonderful! and you're feeding my muse. *adult language is minor*
Dawn watched as Buffy and Spike walked down the stairs, noting that they looked very awkward around each other. ‘Wonder what happened now’.

“Hey, Spike and I are heading out, anyone need anything from the store?” Buffy asked as she put on her coat.

Darla came in from the kitchen “Some red wine would be good”.

“Got it” Buffy said as she walked out the door.

Spike grabbed his duster and noticed Riley was approaching him ‘Great the soddin wanker’s come to play again’.

“If I find out you touched her, I’m gonna take your fucking head, rip it off your body and put it in a box, and don’t get me started on what I’ll do to Dawn.”

Spike silently seethed, he loathed anyone that set eyes on Dawn in a wrong way, and anyone that touched her would have the pleasure of getting their face smashed in.

“Listen you fucker, you even think about hurting a hair on my sister’s body and I’ll kill you” Spike’s eyes held malice and Riley didn’t doubt that Spike would go through with it.

Both men glared at each other for a few more seconds before Spike turned and strode out the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dawn walked into the O’Conner kitchen and saw Anya fixing herself a cup of coffee. ‘Now’s as good a time as any’ she quickly made her way over to the blonde.

“Hey” Dawn smiled brightly.

“Hi” Anya gave her a small smile and poured milk in the cup.

“Would you be willing to join me?” Dawn hopped up on the counter.

Anya stopped her stirring and looked at the teen quizzically. “Join you in what?”

“I’m trying to break up Riley and Buffy so that my brother has his chance with her” Dawn decided not to build up to the plan because moments alone in the O ‘Conner house were hard to find.

Anya stared at her for a second before laughing and patting Dawn lightly on the head “you and your shenanigans” the blonde laughed again before making her way over to the island in the middle of the kitchen.

Dawn gave a laugh “I’m serious”.

Anya took a sip of her coffee and blinked in disbelief.
“You want to break up Buffy and Riley, so your brother can go out with Buffy” Anya paused and Dawn took the chance to persuade her.

“You know, Buffy and Spike are sooo much better for each other, they have all the inside jokes, and know each other better than anyone. Not to mention they’re already best friends so first date awkwardness wouldn’t be a problem, and puh-lease you see the way that my brother acts around her if I just met them I’d think they were the couple”.

“They do look like they should be engaging in hot, wild, sweaty sex don’t they” Anya commented as she took another sip.

Dawn’s face scrunched up and she mumbled a ‘gross’ at the image of her brother nude.

“Well how far along are you in this plan?” Anya put her cup aside and glanced at the fresh fruit on the counter.

“Well actually involving someone was my first step” she said sheepishly.

“I’m in” she smiled and grabbed an apple.

“First thing’s first, we have to make them realise they love each other” Dawn said as she sat down opposite Anya.

“Well with Buffy’s incredible insecurity and denial and with Spike’s post Drusilla issues that could be difficult” Anya took a large bite out of the apple.

Dawn nodded, it was true, and Buffy had always denied feelings for people.

Even when she’d been dating Angel she had always claimed it was fairytale love in stead of heart throb love.

“We’re gonna need more people in on this” Dawn got up and Anya rose as well.

“Willow” they said at the same time, both going off to find the red head.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
“Spike” Buffy looked at him.

“Buffy?” he looked at her, his blue eyes holding her gaze for a few seconds.

The walking in incident had been sorted out between them, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t still thinking about it.

“Why don’t I have a nickname?” she turned her gaze back to the foot path they had been walking along.

Spike frowned, this was new. “What do you mean pet?”

“Well see you call me pet and love, but you also call ever girl you hit on by that nickname”.

Spike’s frown deepened.

“It's just, you know, I’m your best friend, and I just think I should have a nickname that ranks me higher than the girls you see at Willy’s every Friday night”. Buffy turned down into the park and he followed.

“Alright p-Buffy” Spike seemed deep in thought so Buffy let him be.

She watched as a few children ran along with their parents tagging along behind them.

She’d always wanted to have a little girl of her own, someone who she could spoil and love. Unfortunately that was something Riley could never give her, he was incapable of having children.

Her thoughts became sad as she imagined going through her life without having any children.

Spike was about to speak when he noticed she was being unusually quiet. He looked at her and saw that her face was glum and her eyes were shiny with unshed tears. He frowned and caught her chin, tilting her face to look at him.

She gave him a sad smile and blinked away the tears.
Spike gave her a questioning look and Buffy just shook her head, signalling that she didn’t want to talk about it.

“Come on kitten” he pulled her up as he stood and she gave him a hundred watt smile.

“Kitten aye” she was still smiling.

“You like?”

She appeared to be thinking it over “Yeah I do”.

He grinned and flung his arm around her, unlike Riley’s grip she fell perfectly into place.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Willow was talking to Oz when all of a sudden she was ambushed by two bundles of energy named Dawn and Anya.

“What’s up?” she frowned at her friends odd behaviour.

“Willow we’re devising a scheme to get Buffy to break up with Riley so she can date and have orgasms with Spike” Anya said without a breath.

Willow frowned.

“Buffy and Spike have already dated”.

“What!” Anya and Dawn both had equal looks of shock on their face.

Willow’s eyes widened, Buffy was sooo gonna kill her.


Chapter End Notes:
review if you liked, hell review if you didn't. :)