Author's Chapter Notes:
Thankyou to everyone who has reviewed so far.
Dawn sprinted up the stairs not caring about the objects she was knocking over. She burst into her brother’s room to find him sound asleep.

“Spike!” she yelled as she shook him.

“What? What?” he sat up and his eyes flicked open.

“It’s Buffy, you have to come!” Dawn quickly threw a shirt at him and ran to Angel’s room.

She knocked as hard as she could and quickly went back to Spike.

“What happened bit?” he grasped her by the shoulders and looked into her eyes.

“Riley, he’s got her...he was hurting her,” her eyes were wide with fright.

“Where” Spike felt like panicking but reined it in.

“The old shed down that dirt track,” Spike nodded.

“What’s going on?” Angel asked as he came out of his room a worried Darla following.

“Buffy, Riley’s hurting her, down that dirt track in the shed” Spike said as he let go of Dawn.

Angel’s face went pallor and his eyes held rage “Let’s go. Darla, wake the others and keep Dawn safe.” His wife nodded and went to Dawn’s side as Angel and Spike left.

~~~~~~~~~

“Riley, please!” Buffy struggled against her bonds, ignoring the pain in her skull, when she had struggled Riley had hit her over the head with a plank of wood. She tried to stand but pain shot up her leg.

“No Buffy, I tried to keep you out of this life but you meddled...so unfortunately you have to be destroyed” he said as he ran a knife along her jaw.

“Riley please we can work this out, just untie me” Buffy had been able to control her emotions so far but the stress of the situation was catching up with her.

He gave her a smirk and leant down, he kissed her roughly, forcing his tongue into her mouth as she struggled. When he pulled back he gave her a gentle smile “No”.

Buffy felt tears slip down her cheeks and she bowed her head. ‘Buck up Summers you probably deserve this, how did I not know’ she felt more tears fall.

Riley crouched down next to her and cut along the side of her neck, not deep enough to kill her but deep enough that it would hurt like hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything was going in slow motion for Spike, all he was thinking was Buffy, and he had to get to her. As he sprinted down the dirt track he felt Angel just behind him. ‘Please don’t let me too late’.

When the shed was in sight he slowed down and listened, he could hear Buffy’s voice ‘oh thank God’.

He looked over at Angel and saw that he was already making his way to the door “You get Buffy, I’ll go after Riley” Spike said putting extra venom on Riley’s name.

Angel nodded and threw the door open. Spike immediately went for Riley’s hulking frame and Angel went to Buffy.

Riley’s look of surprise turned to one of anger.
Spike quickly landed a punch to his jaw “You fucking bastard!” he yelled as he pushed his elbow into Riley’s nose. Blood spurted everywhere and Riley went down.

Buffy looked up at all the commotion and found Angel’s face in front of her “Angel thank God!” more tears fell as she was untied “We have to help them”.

Angel looked at the girls and nodded “I will, let’s get you out first” she tried to walk but her ankle buckled and Angel quickly picked her up.

Spike punched Riley in the face until he was sure the git was unconscious.

He stood and finally noticed the rest of the girls in the place; he frowned and delivered a kick to Riley’s ribs.

He went to the nearest girl; she was conscious and had chestnut hair with cobalt eyes. He quickly untied her and removed her gag “hey you alright there?” he looked her over and didn’t see any threatening wounds.

“I’m ok, help the others,” she rasped.

Spike nodded and noticed that everyone except Buffy and Anya were helping untie the girls. “Don’t reckon I’m needed, what’s your name?” he asked her softly.

“Angela, yours?” her eyes seemed brighter than before.

“William but my friend’s call me Spike” he smiled at her and gently lead her out of the house to the other girls.

The police had arrived and had taken Riley into custody and all of the girls including Buffy were checked out by paramedics and asked to contact a loved one or come back to the hospital.

Spike walked up to Angela “medics give you the all clear?”

She smiled “yep just malnutrition and a few bruises, nothing I can’t handle”.

“Got someone picking you up?”

“Yeah my mum should be here soon.”

There was an awkward silence and Angela smiled before grabbing a pen from the nearest medical chart and his hand “This is my number, whenever you get the courage to ask me out, call me” she smiled and looked at the driveway as a silver Ford pulled up.

“That’s my ride, bye William” she gave him a quick peck on the cheek before running up to her crying mother.

Spike smiled and looked down at his palm ‘she had confidence, he loved that’.

Dawn watched the exchange with a smile, if her brother found someone who made him happy that was great, but she couldn’t help but wonder what Buffy and Spike would have been like. ‘I could have combined their names...maybe Spuffy’ she smiled and went back to Buffy, even if she still held resentment to the blonde, Dawn was glad that she was alright.

“Hey” Dawn said quietly.

“Hey” Buffy replied with a smile.

Anya noticed that the conversation didn’t concern her “What was that?” she yelled before standing up and walking over to Xander.

“I’m glad you’re okay” Dawn mumbled.

Buffy just smiled and tentatively brushed a lock of Dawn’s hair out of her face, and then she found herself arms full of a crying teenager. Buffy closed her eyes and whispered calming words to the brunette.

Spike walked over to them and Dawn’s crying turned into sniffles.

“I’m gonna go and find Angel and Darla” Dawn smiled and left the two blondes.

“Thought I was gonna lose you in there love,” Spike cupped her cheek and brushed away a tear.

“You didn’t, you came through...William” she gave him a tender smile and placed her hand over his where it rested on her cheek.

“Don’t you ever, do that again” Spike’s look turned serious.

“I won’t.”

The two friends hugged, not willing to admit what they might have just lost.

~~~~~~~~~~~

(Two days later)

Spike sat looking at the phone....He could do this; he quickly picked up the phone and dialled the number before he could back out.

“Hello” a soft voice answered.

“Am I speaking to Angela?” he asked nervously.

“Yes this is she.”

“Uh it’s Spike.”

“Finally get your courage?” he voice had a teasing quality.

“Yeah, do you want to...Bloody hell; do you want to go out to dinner with me tomorrow night?”

“Yes I’ll go out with you” she said brightly.

“Great, um I’ll pick you up at seven?”

“It’s a date.”

Spike hung up and smiled.

Angela smiled and counted in her
head ‘one...two...three’ her phone rang again and she answered with a smile. “Pick me up at my apartment building; it should only be five minutes away from the cabin.”

“Thanks love.”


Chapter End Notes:
Seems like Spike's made a friend, Review?