Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay in posting, things got hectic for a while. Enjoy.
Spike smiled and chuckled at the banter that was going on between Angela and himself “Wow, you know I’m having a really great time with you” she said with a smile.

Spike quirked an eyebrow “surprised?”

She pretended to think about it for a few moments before giggling “No, I’m not surprised....but I do have a question.”

He looked at her curiously “shoot,”

“Who’s the pretty Blonde?” she gave him a cheeky smile and he looked at her confused.

“Which pretty blonde?”

“The one that helped save us” she took a sip of her wine and looked at him expectantly.

Spike smiled “her name’s Buffy” he said softly.

“Well come on, what’s the what with you two?” she asked, eating a cherry tomato.

“Um well that could take a while” he pushed his food around his plate.

“I’ve got time” she sat back and took a break from eating.

“Alright, well we’ve known each other since we were fourteen”

(Flashback)

“Hi Joyce, its Anne Giles....I’m good, but I must say this call isn’t exactly for social purposes...uh huh....well listen I’ve been thinking about joining up at the school with a bunch of the Mum’s to help get better education for the children, anyway I’ll cut to the chase, I think that if you and I were to become president’s of this group we could work wonders...well that’s excellent, how about we meet in a few minutes at your house, unfortunately William is going to be with me so you might have a teenager lounging around your house for a few hours....really? Thankyou Joyce I’ll see you in a few, bye dear.”

“William?” Anne waited at the bottom of the stairs for her son.

“Yeah, and mum it’s Spike?” her son looked at her from the top of the stairs.

“We’re going to go see Joyce Summers, and yes you’re coming with me and I will not call my own son...Spike” she gave her son a no nonsense look and walked out the door.

William groaned and reluctantly followed, this would mean hanging out with that unbearable Summers girl, what was her name......Betty? Bunny? Oh who care’s, she was bloody annoying, with her dark brown hair and her funny nose.

When they reached the Summers house Anne knocked politely and a petite blonde opened the door with a smile. “Hey Mrs. Giles” came the sweet voice. Spike looked up and was immediately looking onto the greenest eyes he’d ever seen.

“My mum’s waiting in the lounge room; she’s gone crazy with preparing snacks” she giggled and smiled as Spike’s mum walked away.

“Buffy, you’ve....changed” he eyed her appreciably and she gave him a bored look.

“Yeah I hit puberty, don’t worry it’ll happen” she gave him a pat on the head and went up the stairs.
‘Different looks, same attitude’ he frowned and followed her.

As he entered her room, he saw her looking down and her eyes were slightly watery. He frowned “you alright?”

She gave a wry laugh “Sure you’d be fine if your dad decided to leave your mum for his secretary” her lip trembled and he gently sat down next to her. After she looked at him for a few seconds he gently put a hand on her shoulder “What are you doing?” she asked through tears.

“Um, sorry” he pulled his hand away but she flung her arms around his neck, clinging to him for dear life.
As she cried he tentatively put his arms around her “You’ll be alright.”

Her sobs turned into whimpers and her whimpers turned into little snores, indicating that she had fallen asleep. Spike didn’t want to wake her so he just moved back and she slumped onto his chest, slowly he began to drift off.

Anne noticed that all she could hear was Joyce’s voice “Hold that thought, do the kids seem quite?” Joyce frowned and walked up the stairs, Anne walking behind her.

They approached Buffy’s room and soft smile’s spread across both of their faces. There on the bed was one of the cutest things that they had ever seen. Buffy was fast asleep, lying across Spike’s chest and Spike was resting his head against hers with both arms wrapped protectively around her.

“They are so gorgeous” Anne whispered, gazing at her son with tenderness.

“Yes they really are” Joyce looked at her sweet daughter wrapped in the arms of a handsome young man. Both mothers went back to the lounge room, wondering if their children would get over the little quarrel and become friends.

(end flashback)

“So that was when you first started to become friends with her?”Angela asked intrigued.

“Yeah” he took a bite of his now cold food.

“So tell me more, what’s another favourite memory of yours?” she took another sip of her wine.

“Probably my....sixteenth Birthday” he smiled fondly.

(Flashback)

Spike sat on his back porch, sighing heavily he realized that it was eleven fifty five and she wasn’t here. He looked up at the stars; Buffy had had a date with that stupid poofter she seemed so fond of...Angel that’s it. All of a sudden he heard a rustle in the bushes, looking to his left he saw a flash of blonde hair and then he saw Buffy.

“Hey” she said meekly.

“Hey” he said, looking down at his shoes.

“I’m really sorry, look no date with Angel or any boy should ever get between our friendship,” she leant close to him and turned his head, before he could question what she was doing Buffy put their lips together, after a few seconds she leant back “Happy Birthday William” and with that she was gone.
He smiled and went inside, he forgave her.

(End Flashback)

Angela smiled “you two have a lot of history.”

“Yeah, well with a friendship as long as ours it’s no surprise” he smiled again and Angela bit her lip.

“Why are you here with me when you have someone else back home?”

Spike’s eyes had widened and he coughed on some of his drink “What?”

“Spike, you are in love with your best friend and hopefully you’ll realise it, before you lose her forever.”

“I’m not...”

“Save it, I may not know what’s happening in politics at the moment or what’s going on with other countries but I do know that you are a man who is deeply in love with a dear friend” she stood up and thanked him for dinner, kissing his cheek and claiming that she would call a cab.

After a while Spike stood up, she wasn’t right....was she?


Chapter End Notes:
Review?