Author's Chapter Notes:
Thankyou to everyone that reviewed the irst chapter, you are all fantastic people! Hope everyone likes this one.
“So Dawnie tell me about boarding school” Buffy sipped her latte and looked at the younger girl expectantly.

“Well, classes are getting easier and I met a guy, Ben” Dawn’s smile became a grin.

“Cute?”

“So cute!” Dawn sighed and her eyes became glassy.

“Come back to earth.” Buffy snapped her fingers in Dawn’s face and the brunette giggled.

Before any more could be said Spike sunk into the booth, being careful not to crush Buffy.

“Hey.” Buffy smiled at him.

Spike didn’t return her smile and started chipping off his nail polish.

Buffy’s face fell and she prodded him in the arm.

“What’s up with you?” her green eyes were full of concern.

“I just saw Dru” he replied glumly.

“Did you handle it well?” Buffy rubbed his arm soothingly.

“She was with another bloke so no, not well”.

Dawn frowned, Drusilla was Spike’s ex, and a total loon, she was like a mental patient with ten buckets of crazy on the side, but when she had her moments of sanity she could be just plain scary but Spike had loved her with everything he had.

“Well today is not a day for worrying about ex girlfriends” Buffy said brightly and put a cookie in front of Spike’s mouth.

Spike bit down and chewed it slowly.

“We’ll rent a movie if it will make you happy again!”
Buffy said brightly before sipping the last of her latte.

Spike looked up and gave a small smile, which caused Buffy and Dawn to grin in triumph.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Half an hour later Spike had dismissed every movie Buffy and Dawn had shown him, coming out with remarks such as ‘it’s too girlie’ and ‘I’m not watching Hugh Grant’.

Buffy didn’t see the problem with Hugh Grant, he was a great actor and she had been carrying a major crush for him since she’d seen the movie Love Actually. She sighed dreamily as she imagined every scenario possible involving, Hugh Grant, herself and a style that was illegal in ten states.

Dawn was in another section of the store looking at a variety of movies involving Orlando Bloom and Michael Vartan. She was trying to figure out the age difference between herself and the two actors as she looked at the third season of Alias.

Buffy walked around the shop and finally met up with Spike. “There you are, so did you find something you liked?” Buffy asked as she crouched down next to him.

“Yeah” Spike replied distractedly as he read another cover.

Buffy looked at the movie and frowned “No, no I am so not watching Jaws” Buffy shuddered.

Spike pouted “Come on, it’ll make me feel better and when I frighten people it makes me feel all manly” he curled his tongue up behind his teeth and smirked.

Buffy gave a laugh “Fine, but if I never set foot in water again, I’m blaming you”. Spike smiled and stood.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~

“Alright Honey.......Stop apologising.........no it’s fine sweetie...alright I’ll see you at ten...love you bye.” Buffy hung up the phone and made her way back over to the couch, observing the rain as she went.

“Riley won’t be home til ten,” She sighed and rested her head on Spike’s shoulder.

“Alright let’s watch this thing” Dawn chucked some popcorn in her mouth and munched happily.

Twenty minutes later and they were all engrossed in the film, Dawn’s eyes were wide and her knuckles had gone white from holding onto the cushion, Buffy was curled up in a small ball and was grabbing Spike’s arm, desperately trying not to scream as the giant shark kept making surprising movements.

Spike was controlling his fear and managed to look calm and collected but his mind was whirling with possibilities of what was going to happen next.
Riley came through the door thoroughly soaked.

He cursed loudly as the door smacked against the wall. Both girls shrieked at the unexpected noise and Spike yelled “Bloody hell”.

Riley frowned at them all and looked to the television. Seeing Jaws on the screen he shook his head “You shouldn’t watch such rubbish, before you know it you’ll all be afraid of the beach”.

Dawn scoffed and eyed the bottle opener on the coffee table ‘no not large enough to cause any damage’. She sighed and looked over to Buffy who was still half curled into Spike’s arm.

Dawn compared the two, she wasn’t attracted to her brother because that was beyond gross but she had to admit Spike and Buffy would have attractive children.

Buffy stood and turned off the movie.

Riley walked over to her and gave her a light kiss on the lips which made Dawn scrunch her nose up. Spike stood and stretched, grabbing Dawn’s hand as he did so.

“We’re off” Spike announced.

Buffy gazed worriedly out at the storm “Drive safe, it’s pouring out there”.

Buffy hugged him and kissed him on the cheek; she turned and did the same to Dawn.

As the pair left, Buffy glanced at the rain again, a look of concern settling permanently on her features.

“Sweet heart, have you made dinner?” She heard Riley yell and she sighed, pushing those worries aside she went to go make her husband a meal.

Her phone rang and she checked the caller ID she smiled, Anya.

“Hey Anya......yeah I figured.....Oh that sucks.....ha I wish, Spike made me watch Jaws.....no sweetie that movie doesn’t have bunnies.......alright we’ll have lunch this weekend...bye”.

Buffy hung up and went in search of her husband.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dawn sat on her bed and pulled out a note book.

Things to do:
-Make my brother realise he loves Buffy.
-Make Buffy divorce Riley (note: how?)
-Get Anya involved in the plan.

Dawn smiled, although she barely knew Anya, she realised that Buffy’s friend would be all for getting Spike and Buffy together.

There was a knock at her door, so she slipped the note book under her pillow.

Spike’s head popped around the door “Night nib, remember we have to get up early”.

“Like I’d forget, Night Spike” Dawn smiled as he left her room.

Soon enough Buffy would be here to wish her good night with her brother.


Chapter End Notes:
What did you think?