Author's Chapter Notes:
I am so sorry that I haven't been updating as of late. It's just been so hectic. In order for me to post to this site, I have to combine two chapters so it takes me a while to get them written!

As always, reviews and criticism are greatly appreciated!

=)
~~~Chapter Three~~~

Buffy was quiet for the longest time. She wasn't sure whether or not to answer his question or not. She knew that she liked him. Hell, she knew that she wanted him, but just because he said he wanted her doesn't really mean that he did. She lowered her head, shaking it as if to clear her mind, "I'm not saying anything. I know better than that. I just--I'm just so scared right now."
 
Spike placed a finger under her chin, raising her head to look into her eyes, "Are you scared of your father? Or of me?"
 
Her eyes wandered for a while, hoping something would catch her attention. Anything but looking him in the eyes, "Both. I'm scared that if I start anything with you and my father finds out then he's just going to make things worse. I'm scared that if I actually let myself get into a relationship with you, you'll realize what exactly it is that you've gotten yourself into. And by the time that you figure it out, and leave, then I'll have already fallen for you."
 
Buffy's heart started to race, scared mainly of continuing. She had never told anyone anything like this. But then again, no one knew about what her father did to her. She finally looked him in the eyes, "And most of all, I'm scared that if we do get into a relationship, and my father does find out and he gets angry and he decides to take that anger out on you, then you'll be gone, too.

"Or he'll hurt you, and I can't stand that," she pulled herself away from him, walking towards the slide. Sitting down on the end of it, she continued, "I'm used to him hitting me. I couldn't bear it if he did it to someone else, especially if I'm the one that put them into that situation."
 
Spike walked towards her. He scrunched down between her legs, making her look at him, "Hey, look at me. I don't know what this is that I'm feeling, and I don't know why all of a sudden it has decided to show up, but I can tell you that I wanna find out. I know that I haven't exactly been all that great to you, but I know that I don't want anything to happen to you any more. Not if I can stop it, you understand me?"
 
"But you don't know what you're talking about! You have no idea what it is that you're getting yourself into! How can you go from absolutely hating me to wanting me and wanting to be with me? It isn't possi--!"
 
Before she could finish, Spike grabbed her and crashed his lips to hers. She hesitated for a moment, then wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. He wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her to him, even if she wanted to pull away suddenly. Neither of them noticed that they were leaning back until Buffy's back hit the cool surface of the slide.

 Spike moved one leg to rest between her legs. He moved a hand towards the back of her knee, lifting it to rest over his hip. He ground into her, gaining a moan of approval. After breathing became a major issue, they pulled apart. He looked down at her, taking in the sight of her swollen lips and flushed cheeks. He stood up, bring her with him, "Does that answer your question?"
 
'Surely he doens't expect me to answer her?!' Buffy thought. Her chest was heaving, her lungs felt like they were on fire. She had never felt this way when anyone had ever kissed her. Suddenly, she felt all strength in her body release itself. Her body slumped against him, thankful that his arms were still slightly around her, for she would have fallen if they weren't.
 
Spike's face went from one of cockiness to one of concern, "Buffy? What's wrong? Are you okay?" Spike knew that she had to be tired and sore after what her father had just put her through. He leaned forward, placing his right arm under her knees, lifting her to cradle in his arms. He kissed the top of her head, then whispered in her ear, "You sleep, luv. I'm taking you home with me. You'll be safe there."
 
Buffy desperately wanted to say something, but her mouth just wouldn't cooperate with her. So, she gathered enough strength to nod her head slightly and nuzzled his chest, feeling warm and safe as he carefully walked them towards his house. She let her eyelids fall shut, and let sleep claim her.

~~~Chapter Four~~~

Buffy's eyes fluttered open, instantly stinging from the cool air hitting her dry eyes. She rubbed them, hoping to relieve some of the pain. Once the pain subsided, she felt entirely too weak to get up. She snuggled herself right back under the black satin sheets.

'Wait, black satin sheets?' Buffy shot up in the bed, taking in her surroundings, 'Where the hell am I?' She thought. She looked around the room, noticing that almost everything was black. 'Black curtains, black sheets, black walls, black pillows, black, black, black! Where the hell am I? Who's room is this?!'

Her thoughts were interrupted by the answer to her question. She heard a soft knock on the door as it was silently crept open. Quickly, she wrapped the blanket around herself, suddenly realizing that she was in a pair of men's plaid pajama bottoms and her black tank top that she wore under her clothes. 'How and the hell did my clothes get changed? And where are my jeans and shirt? What the hell is happening?'

She noticed Spike's head ease around the corner of the door, seeing him look around the room as if making sure there weren't any monsters hiding. His eyes landed on her and his face lit up with a smile, "Hello, luv. How are you feeling? Get enough sleep?"

Buffy slowly began understanding what had happened. She remembered last night with her father and Spike showing up in the park. She remembered arguing with him and him telling her that she wasn't going back there. She remembered him kissing her like there was no tomorrow and she also remembered really liking it. Not to mention the fact that she allowed him to carry her to his house. What she couldn't seem to remember was how she had gotten her clothes changed and how she ended up in his room.

"Buffy? You alight. luv?" He asked, stepping into the room, quietly closing the door behind him, walking over to the bed and sitting down next to her.

She was snapped out of her mind when he sat down, her eyes shooting to his, "Yeah. I'm fine. I just spaced for a minute."

Spike smiled, "That's alright, luv. Just making sure you're okay. Did you sleep well?"

Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, "Yeah, I slept great actually. I think it was the best night's sleep that I've had in a while." Pausing a moment, unsure if she should wait for him to speak or to ask him what was on her mind. She went with the latter, "Spike, where are my clothes?"

Chuckling, he smiled to her, "They're in the wash. They were a bit dirty from laying on the slide and the ground. Thought you might like them to be washed a bit." Before she could even open her mouth to get her next question out, he cut her off, "And, in case you don't remember, I was not the one to undress you and change you."

Seeing her shoulders sag, he continued, "You were a bit out of it, so I thought you might not remember. You changed yourself while I was taking a shower. When I came back out, you were sound asleep on the covers. I picked you up and placed you under them and then put your clothes in the wash. Don't worry, I was a perfect gentlemen."

Buffy looked up at him with wide eyes, realizing for the first time what she had actually accused him of, "Oh my god. Spike, I am so sorry. I cannot believe that I just accused you of that."

Spike chuckled lightly, knowing that there was no way that he was going to be able to stay mad at her any time, "It's alright, pet. It's not like I've not done things to you in the past that weren't exactly gentleman like." Pausing, he looked down, "I'm sorry about all that, Buffy. About everything that I've put you through."

She looked around the room, smiling when she looked back at him, "Hey, just get me some clothes to change into and we'll call it even. Okay?"

He looked at her and smiled, "Any thing for you, luv."


Chapter End Notes:
So, what do you think? Worth the wait?
=)