AU: Buffy Summers was dragged by Willow to go to someone’s party… there she met handsome William Connor… They exchanged e-mails… began talking…(Based on a true story) Totally Spuffy! Please read and review!

~*~*~*~

Chapter Four: Love Out of the Blue

~*~*~*~

“Rummy!” Buffy cried as she laid down her cards on the table, revealing them to the people around. She victoriously glanced at Willow, Xander, Oz, and Cordelia, their faces caressing defeat.

“That’s the third time you beat us, Buffy! Where did you learn to play like that?” Cordelia whined as she stomped her foot three times. Buffy rolled her eyes at the brunette. They had been sitting at William’s house for two hours, playing cards and watching the adults talking at the front porch. Buffy constantly kept watching the clock, to know when William was due back from work.

“Buffy, what’s wrong? Willow asked, scooting closer to her friend.

“Oh, nothing. Don’t worry about it,” Buffy hastily retorted, not wanting to cause suspicion.

“Okay… if you say so…”

‘Fifteen more goddamn minutes… it feels like forever! Oh God, I’m getting the butterflies! Can this be true?’ Buffy interrogated herself as she stared at the old grandfather clock sitting next to the dining room table. ‘I think I’m falling in love with William Connor…’

“Earth to Buffy!” Willow called out, waving her hand in front of Buffy’s face. The blonde darted away from her thoughts and glanced at her friends.

“What?”

“We’re going to go to the Bronze. You want to come?”

“Nah, I’m going to stay here with my mom and talk to Mr. Giles and Jenny for a while,” Buffy stated as she watched her friends walk out the door and say their goodnights to the others.

“Buffy, come here for a moment, please,” her mother called from the front porch. Buffy stood at the doorway and stared at her mother for a moment and then at the married couple.

“What is it, mom?”

“Where’s Dawn?”

“Oh, she’s playing with William’s cousin, Connor, in the family room… the newest thing in the market,” Buffy said matter-of-factly.

“And what’s that?”

“Playstation 2…”

“Oh,” Joyce replied and continued to talk with the others.

Suddenly, the four spotted a car pulling up into the driveway. Buffy’s heart jumped in glee when she saw William stepping out on the driver’s side and waving at the family. He stepped up and gave a kiss to his mother, a pat on Giles shoulder and shook Joyce’s hand. When he glanced up at Buffy, her heart stopped.

“Hey Buffy,” he exhaled, feeling the shiver in his voice of how nervous he was. Buffy smiled mildly and threw her arms around him for a hug. William was shocked because of the impulse, but returned the hug dearly.

“Hi William,” she whispered into his ear and parted from him. His stomach lurched sideways as the two went inside to see the younger ones sitting in the living room.

“Hey Nibblet,” William greeted as he pat Dawn’s head paternally, and she smiled in return. He watched the two young ones fuss and fight over a game and couldn’t help but laugh. Buffy just smiled and surprisingly took William’s hand in hers.

William turned his head toward Buffy, not believing what had just happened. Buffy just kept smiling. She gave his hand a lit squeeze and let it go, walking to the kitchen. ‘Oh God, I am falling for her!’

~*~*~*~

The next morning, Buffy made her regular routine to walk up in the morning and check her email, and as always, William had written to her… but something was different about that particular day and Buffy felt it.

She started up the computer and went ahead and checked her mailbox. As always, there was an email from William waiting for her.

From: WmConnor@hotmail.com
To: BSummers@hotmail.com
Subject: Hello

It was really nice to see you tonight… when I first saw you I felt like my chest was burning and when you held my hand the fire grew even bigger. I don’t know what it is, but what I do know is that it feels really nice… it is a feeling that I’m not capable of explaining… something that I have felt only once in my lifetime.

I think I’m falling in love with you.

William

“OH GOD!”

~*~*~*~

To Be Continued…

A/N: So... what do you think? Thanks so much for those who have reviewed my story.

One reviewer asked me what ‘Winn Dixie’ is. Well, it’s a supermarket... like Publix or Wal-Mart... That sort of thing...

Again, thanks for the reviews!

-Jess