AU: Buffy Summers was dragged by Willow to go to someone’s party… there she met handsome William Connor… They exchanged e-mails… began talking… (Based on a true story) Totally Spuffy! Please read and review!

~*~*~*~

Chapter Five: Waiting

~*~*~*~

I think I’m falling in love with you.

She kept repeating it over and over in her head. She couldn’t believe it. William’s in love with me?

“No… this has to be a phony e-mail…” was all that she could say to herself. She rubbed her eyes frantically, wondering if this was a dream. She re-opened her eyes staring at the computer screen.

“It’s not a phony e-mail… he is in love with me!”

~*~*~*~

William swiftly walked into the Starbucks Coffee Shop, by requests of his stepfather, and leaned against the counter. He couldn’t believe that he emailed Buffy and told her that he was in love with her. The girl watching over the cash register smiled at the blonde.

“Hi, what can I get for you?” she asked.

“Umm, two regular coffees and three donuts to go.”

“William…” William turned around to see Buffy standing there, just staring at him with a weak smile. William curled his lips at the other blonde.

“Hi… how are you?” he stuttered as Buffy stood next to him. She licked her lips and stared up at him.

“I’m okay… how about you?”

“I’m just peachy…”

“I got your note…”

Oh God… William’s mind screamed as Buffy spoke. He gulped profusely and just blinked. William turned to the girl across the counter.

“Make that three coffees, luv.”

“I-I don’t know what to tell you…” Buffy finally remarked as the two sat down at a table by the window. The two had the coffee cups in hand, the other one close by. William just stared down at his hands; he felt too embarrassed to look at her.

“I know… I’m sorry that I even wrote you that email.”

“No… don’t be sorry about that. You told me what you felt for me… I would do the same thing if I had the guts…” William raised his head to meet her eyes. He couldn’t believe what she said. She’s shy!

“Tell me what you feel for me, Buffy,” William stated acutely, his voice becoming stern. Buffy searched his eyes for his severity, finding nothing but concern and curiosity. William leaned over the table, his eyes searching her green orbs and whispered, “What do you see in me, Buffy Summers?”

“I see an honest, trustworthy man that cares for the people around him… I person that just proved to me that he is really in love with me…” Buffy sipped her coffee lightly and continued to look at William. “That’s what I see in you, William Connor. What do you see in me?”

“The person that I’m in love with… the person that you say you are. You’re outgoing yet timorous, beautiful, fantastic personality, and love your family and friends.”

“Y-you see that in me?” Buffy suddenly began to blush furiously. William smiled.

“Yes…” Silence governed the table for a moment. Then Buffy decided to speak up.

“I need a little time, William.”

“I’ll be waiting for you, Buffy.”

~*~*~*~

“Buffy, where were you?” Joyce’s voice called out from the kitchen when Buffy entered the house. The blonde sighed deeply and stammered to the kitchen.

“I went to Starbucks. I needed some time alone…” she lied and went up the stairs. She closed her door shut and jumped in her bed. She really did need some time to think about what was going on… but maybe she was thinking too hard. Is this the guy? Am I sure about this? Is he Mr. Right?

Her mind jumbled together as she slowly fell into a deep sleep.

~*~*~*~

“Willow, so the movie is going to be at your house?” Buffy heard her mother talking to her best friend downstairs.

“Yeah, I’m inviting all of our friends over. If you want, you can come too, Mrs. Summers,” Willow remarked. Buffy strolled down the stairs and smiled at the redhead.

“Hey Willow!”

“Hi Buffy!” Willow shot up from her seat and grabbed Buffy’s hand and ran to the door. “Thanks, Mrs. Summers. We’ll see you later!”

“Bye girls!”

“What’s going on, Wills?” Buffy asked as she got in Willow’s car.

“I’m making a movie night at my house.”

“Oh… can I invite William?”

“Already invited. Oz told me he would talk to him…” Willow became pensive. “Buffy, is there something between you and that boy?”

“No! We’re just friends. How can you think that?” Buffy lied. There was something going on; she just didn’t want to say something yet.

“Oh, okay then.” Willow just continued driving down the road toward her house. Buffy rolled her eyes and sighed as she stared out the window, recalling the conversation she had with William that morning. His words came flooding back to her like rain; ‘I’ll be waiting for you, Buffy.’

“Buffy… earth to blondie!” Willow called out, waving her hand in front of Buffy’s eyes. Buffy ended her trance and turned to Willow.

“What?”

“Umm, we’re here… at my house…” Buffy turned back to the window to see the beautiful two-story Victorian house.

“Oh… sorry…” the girls stepped out of the car and quickly made their way through the lawn and to the porch. Xander lounged on the porch swing, snoozing as always.

Buffy and Willow rolled their eyes and opened the front door to reveal the group of people sitting in the living room, playing Pictionary and telling jokes to each other. Buffy’s face glowed when she spotted William with Oz, playing cards and having a conversation. The two boys raised their heads to the front door.

“Hey babe,” Oz greeted his redheaded girlfriend and kissed her softly. Buffy blushed as she stared at William with no expression on her face.

“Hey,” she whispered.

“Hi… Oz told me you were coming…” Damn it! Why does she do this to me?

“Yeah… Willow told me you were, too.”

“Okay, people, gather around!” Willow yelled over the voices. Everyone did as they were told and congregated in front of the TV. William took the corner of the couch, and Buffy slouched next to him. Shivers ran down Buffy’s back as the lights were turned off and the glow of the television illuminated their faces.

“This is going to be interesting,” Buffy groaned barely audible, sounding as a mumble, feeling William’s gaze burning against her cheek. Suddenly, she felt something cool against her hand. She glanced down for a minute and returned to the movie, but instinctively glimpsed again. William is holding my hand? Oh God!!

“What are you doing?” Buffy whispered into William’s ear. The bleach blonde pursed his lips tightly, and took his hand away from Buffys’. “No! I didn’t mean it that way!”

“Oh… I thought you didn’t want me holding your hand…” he whispered back.

“No… I do…” she smiled at him, her eyes shimmering from the television light. He took her hand in his, and turned to the TV, a smile widely expressed on his face. I think I’m going to like the Lord of the Rings after all!

*******

I’m falling on love with him… that’s all that ran through Buffy’s mind as the movie came to an end. I have to tell him somehow…

“Movie’s done!” Willow chirped as everyone began to stretch and yawn. There were some occasional screams and gasps throughout the movie but the blonde couple couldn’t concentrate on it.

“Well, thank for inviting me, Willow,” William stated as he stood up and looked at Willow and then at Buffy. The blonde stood up, walking William to the door. As he opened the door he gazed intently at the girl before him.

“I know you want me to wait, but I want to tell you this…”

“What is it?”

He leaned in toward her and whispered into her ear, “I love you.”

Buffy just nodded and kissed his cheek. After he was literally gone, Buffy walked back into the living room, where there was a group of guys playing poker on the floor and the rest sitting on the couch talking. Willow spotted Buffy and excused herself to meet the blonde.

“Buffy, you’re pale. What’s wrong?” Buffy stared at the wall and then at the redhead.

“He’s in love with me, Willow.”

~*~*~*~

“Good morning, Sunnydale! It’s six in the morning and ready for non-stop-“ the clock was knocked out abruptly by a swinging hand. William groaned hoarsely as he lifted his body to sit up.

“More like SunnyHell!” he grunted and reached for his laptop, turning it on. You have one new message, the computer read.

From: BSummers@hotmail.com
To: WmConnor@hotmail.com
Subject: (none)

I think I’m falling in love with you, too, William Connor.

-Buffy


~*~*~*~

A/N: What do you think? Anyone like it? Thanks for all of the reviews, guys. You guys are very supportive. Keep them coming!

-Jess