Chapter Six: The Truth can hurt

“Buffy, wake up!” a voice shouted across Buffy’s room. The blonde shot up from under the covers, her eyes half open, and saw her younger sister with her hands on her hips and tapping her right foot. Buffy moaned as she slid out of bed.

“No…” she moaned, knowing it was another day of school. She pushed herself into the bathroom and shooed Dawn away. When she heard the door click, she ran out of the bathroom and turned on her computer.

From: WmConnor@hotmail.com
To: BSummers@hotmail.com
Subject: Hello Sweetheart

How is the most beautiful woman in the world? Well, I hope you are sound as you read this e-mail and that your well being is good. I’m just writing to you to let you know that I can’t stop thinking about you and that I can’t wait to see you again. You’re always in my dreams and I hope that they don’t go away. I don’t want you to disappear… I don’t want to lose you. You’ve stolen my heart and I don’t want it back.

I love you.

-William


Buffy smiled as she read the e-mail repeatedly. Her chest ached with force and hugged herself. “I think I love you, too.”

~*~*~*~

“Willow, I need your advice,” Buffy admitted as she sat next to her friend in her ceramics class. The red head looked up at the blonde in rarity.

“Is it about William?” she asked and turned to the clay before her. Buffy sighed and ducted her head in her arms.

“Yes… I think I’m in love with him…” Willow turned from the clay dough in amazement. Her eyebrow jumped up in curiosity.

“Well, are you sure? I mean…is this the guy you want to be with?” she asked as if she were her guardian angel. Buffy licked her lips tightly and sighed. She dug her face in her hands with frustration.

“It’s not that, Wills… I haven’t told my parents yet…” Buffy admitted and pulled her head up to meet Willow’s widened eyes.

“Buffy… Oh dear… you know how your mother is! And your dad?” Willow exclaimed silently, trying not to cause commotion.

“They don’t have the slightest clue, Willow!”

“You have to tell them that you like this guy and he likes you back, Buffy,” Willow admitted and turned off the machine she was working on. Buffy ran her hand through her hair and nodded.

“I should talk to them…”

~*~*~*~

Buffy fixed the hem of her shirt as she made her way up the flight of stairs and into the second story of her home. She knew her parents were in their room and it was the only time to talk to them together.

“Mom? Dad? Can I come in?” Buffy asked as she knocked on the door.

“Sure,” she heard her mother answered, and Buffy turned the knob to find her mother putting on some make-up while her father was fixing his tie.

“Where are you guys going?” Buffy asked curiously. Her mother, Joyce, smiled warmly as she turned to the sixteen-year-old.

“Well, your father invited me to dinner since our anniversary is tomorrow and we have to work,” she answered, returning to the mirror. Hank smiled as well and sat down on the bed to put his shoes on.

“Mom, dad, I need to talk to you guys…” Buffy began, her nervous tone rising. Joyce and Hank turned their heads immediately at her voice and nodded their heads.

“Umm… I don’t know where to start… Do you remember William Connor?” Buffy commenced, shivers running down her back as she spoke. Hank raised an eyebrow while Joyce nodded her head.

“Sure I do. What a wonderful boy he is. Hank, he’s Rupert’s step-son, the British man,” Joyce added as she sat next to her husband. Buffy pursed her lips, rearranging her words so she knew what to say.

“Well, he likes me… and I like him back… and we want to start talking…” Buffy mumbled, hoping that they didn’t hear the last part. The two parents’ eyes widened at the revelation.

“What? I will not allow it, Buffy…” Hank exclaimed, jolting up from his seat in disturbance. “You cannot date yet, young lady. You are only sixteen years old!”

“I like him, daddy… and I want to be with him… to get to know him better,” Buffy protested and turned to her mother, who was streaming wild tears. “Mom, why are you crying?”

“Because it’s your first boyfriend, dear. And I never expected it to come so soon…”

“Joyce, she is not courting with that boy.”

“Why not, dad? Tell me why?” Buffy screamed, her own tears springing out.

“Because you are not old enough young lady. I never liked the boy and that’s final,” Hank yelled and tottered into the bathroom, leaving Buffy crying madly. She stared at her mother, who had no expression on her face whatsoever, and withdrew a loud sob. She turned around and ran into her room, jumping on the bed with a loud thud.

She heard a soft knock on her window. Buffy looked up to see William standing there with a smile on his face, which suddenly disappeared when he saw Buffy crying.

“What are you doing here, Will?” Buffy asked as she let him in her room. William smiled warmly and took the girl in his arms.

“What happened?”

“I told my parents about us…” William raised an eyebrow at her disclosure.

“And I see the consequences… they don’t want us to be together,” William sighed, tightening his grip on Buffy.

“They are just overwhelmed… they will get over it…” Buffy uttered, hoping to herself that it would be true.

“I hope they do, love…”

~*~*~*~

A/N: Wow… Good Spuffy chappie there for you guys. Sorry this story hasn’t been updated for a while. I’ve been caught up with Falling Off the Deep End and To Love so Much, but I haven’t forgotten about this story. I hope you continue to love it!

-Jess