AU: Buffy Summers was dragged by Willow to go to someone’s party… there she met handsome William Connor… They exchanged e-mails… began talking…(Based on a true story) Totally Spuffy! Please read and review!

~*~*~*~

Chapter Two: Instant Messenger

~*~*~*~

“Buffy,” Joyce called as the young blonde walked into the house, grinning from ear to ear. “How was the party, sweetheart?”

“Uh… it was great,” she replied enthusiastically, the napkin still in hand. Joyce smiled mildly at her answer. “Where’s dad?”

“Hank needed to go to LA on an emergency trip, sweetie,” she remarked as she watched her daughter nod in impulse and licked her lips. “Dawnie is upstairs, waiting for you to come home.”

“Okay,” was all that came of Buffy as she ran up the stairs and locked herself in her room. She threw her purse on her bed, and swiftly sat on her armchair in front of the computer. With the napkin still in hand, she typed in the names on her buddy list. With a soft click of the mouse, the blonde wondered when he would get on.

‘LovesBitch has singed on,’ the computer announced five minutes later. Buffy jumped in excitement as she opened up a conversation.

SlayerGal: Hi

LovesBitch: Hi…you’re on pretty late, huh?

SlayerGal: Yeah… it’s Saturday, and plus my family is asleep already.

LovesBitch: Really… do you have any siblings?

SlayerGal: Yes, I have a younger sister named Dawn. She’s twelve… what about you?

LovesBitch: Me too… I have a sister back in England with my father. She’s right around your age.

SlayerGal: Oh… your parents are separated, then… the conversation stalls for a couple of minutes.

SlayerGal: I’m really sorry… I shouldn’t have mentioned that.

LovesBitch: It’s quite all right, Buffy. Yes, they are separated. My mother won custody of me but lost custody of Cecilia, since she was considered ‘under-age’ to know what she wanted.

SlayerGal: I’m sorry…

LovesBitch: Like I said, It’s okay, luv. She re-married Giles a couple of years ago and they are happy.

SlayerGal: Well, as long as she’s happy, she’s in good hands.

LovesBitch: Anyways, I’m going to make another party soon. You’re invited to come, and bring your family so they can ‘mingle’ around with the other adults.

SlayerGal: My mom would like that a lot.

LovesBitch: So would mine.

SlayerGal: William, what school do you go to?

LovesBitch: …

LovesBitch: I don’t… I dropped out when I moved to the United States with my mum and Giles. I haven’t considered going back.

SlayerGal: Oh…

LovesBitch: What school are you going to?

SlayerGal: The one and only… Sunnydale High… :)

LovesBitch: I suspect that you’re a sophomore, then… right?

SlayerGal: Yeah…

LovesBitch: Thanks

SlayerGal: For what?

LovesBitch: For dancing with me tonight…

SlayerGal: No problem… anytime…

LovesBitch: You’re a good dancer…

SlayerGal: Stop.. you’re making me blush!!

LovesBitch: Well, it’s the truth, and you are very beautiful, Buffy.

SlayerGal: Thanks…

SlayerGal: Hey, I have to go…

LovesBitch: Okay… can we talk tomorrow?

SlayerGal: Umm, sure. That would be great.

LovesBitch: Well, actually, it’ll have to be after eleven at night because I work.

SlayerGal: Okay, no problem.

LovesBitch: Bye, beautiful.

SlayerGal: Bye, William.

Buffy shut down her computer and flopped herself on her bed. She grabbed her pillow and hugged it compactly to her chest, smiling with anticipation. I can’t wait to talk to him again, she thought as she slowly drifted into a serene sleep.

~*~*~*~

To Be Continued…

AN: Thanks for the reviews, guys. Keep them coming. Oh and thanks reviewers for the ideas on the screen names.

-Jess