Author's Chapter Notes:
This will be my first multi chapter fic ever *smiles* again pure fluff so if you're one for angst this probably isn't for you.
Buffy put down her cell phone with a smile, her sister Dawn, had just asked her and Spike to come and stay with her at Dawn’s new place in Rome which Buffy had readily agreed to. Her husband William ‘Spike’ Giles might not be as pleased with this development, he had board meetings all week and he couldn’t make it home most night, let alone go out of the country, he hated it when she was away from him and she hated being away from him.

She glanced over at her life partner; they had met two years ago and had hated each other from the word go. They had disagreed on every subject that was discussed in their presence and they had taken every opportunity to make the other look like a fool.

Then after most of the office had had enough of all their bickering, Cordelia – Buffy’s best friend and matchmaker extraordinaire – Had decided to lock them in a room so they could haul out all of their issues.

They hadn’t.

First it had been the unbearable silence, every few seconds one of them would glare at the other and then look away, neither saying a word. Then there had been the occasional attempt at the door, both at one point desperately trying to get it open.

The last was the worst and the best; they had finally turned on each other and started clawing each other’s eyes out. When Buffy had finally been pushed past her restraint she had slapped him, hard.

There had been silence for a few moments then he had kissed her, after the kiss, hours and hours of sexcapades had been had and they had finally started to talk. The next morning when Cordelia opened the door they were both dishevelled in appearance and had numerous love bites all over their bodies.

Cordelia had been thrilled and a few weeks later Buffy and Spike had started dating.

Buffy shook her head and walked over to Spike, who looked up at her with a sweet smile. She sat down next to him on the couch and leant against his shoulder, a warm feeling coursing through her when he wrapped his arm around her; they had been married for about a year but she still felt giddy when he gave her small gestures of affection.

“Guess what” she said, looking into his amazingly blue eyes.

“What?” he asked curiously.

“Well, Dawnie just bought a place in Rome and she invited us to stay there for a week, how cool is that?” she smiled brightly.

“Yeah it is, but I’ve got board meetings all week so I wont be able to come” he commented, trying not let his disappointment show.

She hugged him “Well if you can’t go, then I wont” she sighed, She hadn’t seen Dawnie for almost a year and was dying to see what the slim brunette had been up to with her new boyfriend and her new job.

Spike hugged her tighter “You should go pet, you haven’t seen Niblet in over a year yeah? And we can talk each night by phone.”

Buffy broke the hug and kissed him “thankyou so much, I love you” she hugged him again and he smiled.

“Besides you’ll be calling me before you even get out of the airport” he teased and she raised a finely plucked brow.

“Oh really, I seem to remember last time I went away someone calling me ten minutes after I landed, drunk and slurring that he missed my sweet voice and my golden hair” she gave him a wide smile and poked him in the chest.

He gave a laugh “Right and I remember someone else calling me during a business meeting and telling my that they missed me so much that they were going to fly back home whilst bawling their eyes out.”

“I had just watched Titanic!” she yelled in her defence, turning away.

He snorted and she slapped his chest lightly “Fine, I bet that you will give in and call me before I call you” she had challenged him and he wasn’t one to back down.

“You’re on” he folded his arms and gave her a challenging stare.

She smiled and leant forward, giving him a lingering kiss, making sure to nibble on his lower lip. Just as he was about to deepen the kiss she pulled away “I’m gonna go pack” with a sweet smile she was bouncing up the stairs, humming a boppy tune.

Spike groaned ‘This girl was going to be the death of him.’




Buffy stared at her upcoming flight time, just ten minutes until she had to board the plane and leave the love of her life a whole country away and because of this stupid, crazy bet she now couldn’t call him until he buckled and called her.

She turned to see him walking towards her with two small coffees. She smiled when he handed her the cup and threw her arms around him, cup still firmly in her left hand.

He put his arms around her tightly and she sighed “Sorry, I’m just a little bit...you know” he nodded and kissed her hair, she breathed in his scent, leather, Bourbon, his aftershave and something that was just Spike.

“All passengers on the eleven thirty flight to Rome please make your way to gate fourteen” a woman’s voice made Buffy cringe and hug Spike tighter.

“Okay, I better go” she mumbled and kissed him passionately, when they broke apart she held her tears at bay and whispered “I’m going to miss you so much, see you when I get back.”

“I’m gonna miss you to luv, see you on Monday” he caressed her cheek tenderly before she turned away and made her way up to the woman checking tickets. When she got cleared to go on to the plane she turned and blew a kiss at Spike before making her way down the corridor.

Spike sighed; this week was going to be hell, for both of them.




Buffy took her seat on the plane and stared out the window, this week was going to be hell. She picked up a magazine and a guy sat next to her, looking her up and down before giving her a grin.

Correction this week and this plane trip were going to be hell.



Chapter End Notes:
Did you like it?