Author's Chapter Notes:
Thankyou for the continued support for the fic *smiles*
Buffy glanced at her watch; Liam should be off of his flight in about a minute or two. She sighed and thought about the bleach blonde that was all those miles away from her, God she missed him. It wasn’t just a simple case of ‘I miss him but I can deal without him’ it was a full blown case of ‘if I don’t hear from him today I will literally die’.

She looked up as the gate opened and she smiled brightly when she saw Liam. She embraced him “God its good to see you” she said brightly before letting him go.

He gave her a smile and put an arm around her shoulders “I’ve missed you too Summers.”

The pair quickly grabbed Liam’s suitcases and walked out of the airport.

~~

Dawn paced nervously; she didn’t know whether to call Spike and tell him about her sister meeting Liam or just leave well enough alone and wait until Buffy came back. She threw up her hands in frustration, glancing at Michael as he watched her, concern and confusion in his eyes.

Dawn’s blue eyes turned to Buffy’s cell when it started to chirp madly. “Great Buffy, how does someone forget their phone? Oh wait it’s my sister” Dawn said rolling her eyes.

“Hello?” she answered in slight annoyance.

“Niblet...” Dawn’s face fell, ‘Oh great, Spike calls and my sister isn’t even here’.

“Spike, hey....Sorry Buffy isn’t home she just forgot her cell” Dawn said, sitting down on her sofa.

“I miss her so much” Dawn could swear she heard him crying.

“Are you drunk?” she asked curiously.

“No...What the bloody hell you talking bout....you know I think you’re drunk” she heard him slur the words and a small smile came to her lips.

“Spike, I’ll tell Buffy that you called but it doesn’t count because you two didn’t actually exchange words” She heard him murmur something incoherent so she just shook her head “Sleep it off William” she said softly before ending the call.

Personally she really did hope that Buffy gave in and called him first, despite all of her attempts to stop that from happening. Screw this, she was going to meddle.

Michael gave her a warning look “Babe, are you sure you want to get involved in this whole thing?”

Dawn smiled at him “Absolutely.”

~~

Buffy and Liam walked the streets, watching as young children played with others, parents running to keep their eyes on the little ones.

“So when are you meeting with your client?” Buffy asked as she started to walk over to an ice cream parlour.

“Vanilla please” he said before focusing back on Buffy “in an hour.”

“Peppermint” Buffy told the man politely “An hour huh, how long will you be here?”

“Flying back this afternoon, it’s a shame I was really looking forward to spending time with you” Liam pouted before taking a bite of his ice cream.

Buffy gave hers a lick “yeah I know what you mean, I’m already homesick and its been two days...well two and a half days...God I’m so pathetic” she said with a smile.

He gave her a small shove, throwing in a charm smile “nah you’re not pathetic.”

The two talked for a little while. Liam knew that he would never get anywhere with the feisty blonde but that didn’t mean that he wouldn’t stir Spike up at every opportunity that presented itself. Truth be told he wasn’t even that interested in Buffy, sure she was hot, independent and cheeky but he had a feeling that they would so more harm than good in a relationship.
He bid her a good week, with a quick kiss on the cheek and a long hug.

Buffy walked up to Dawn’s apartment, opening the door she saw possibly the most adorable thing in the world. Dawn and Michael were curled up on the couch watching a chick movie.

“Aw, you guys are cuter than a kitten and a puppy trying to climb into the same slipper” she smiled and checked her phone, frowning when she didn’t see any messages.

“Spike called” Dawn said as she sat up “it doesn’t count because you two didn’t actually communicate and I think he was drunk” she yawned and walked to her fridge.

“So my husband calls and I miss it because I’m out with Liam!” Buffy huffed and dropped down into a chair “and I still can’t call the bastard!” she ran her fingers through her hair in annoyance.

Dawn just watched her sister, oh yeah if she and Michael turned on the couple-y stuff within the next day her sister would be on the phone to America in the blink of an eye.

~~

Spike walked past Cordelia’s desk, ignoring the smug smile that she was wearing “Give in and call her yet?” she said as if she was asking for something as simple as a lift to work.

He sighed “Oh Bloody Hell.....fine I called her, but she wasn’t there so it doesn’t count” he walked into his office, Cordelia following him.

“Oh by the way you have a meeting with a Miss Darla Hillman, have fun and try not to get groped by her” the brunette bumped shoulders with Darla as she left the office.

“William, how are you?” Darla asked politely as she sat down in her chair.

Spike looked over at her “I’m alright; look I’ve got to meet a friend in an hour so would you mind meeting for lunch today?”

“Lunch isn’t a problem” Darla said, eyes gleaming.
Cordelia watched Darla head out of the office and Spike appeared at her side.

“Cordelia I’m heading out, I have a lunch meeting with Darla, see-you in a bit” he grabbed his coat and walked out the doors.

A few hours later the phone rang “You’re speaking to Cordelia Chase, how may I help you?” she said brightly.

“Cordy it’s Buffy.”

“Hey Buffy how are you?”

“I’m good, I’m not calling to talk to Spike...I just wanted to know if he got in alright this morning.”

“Yeah he got in this morning although you couldn’t talk to him on this line if you wanted to” Cordelia started to file her nails.

“Why’s that?” her curiosity came through clearly in her tone.

“He has a lunch date with Darla Hillman” Cordelia said casually.

“Oh...my husband’s with another woman?”

Cordelia bit her lip, God how she wanted to meddle, no! No she shouldn’t...Oh what the hell maybe it would end this stupid bet.

“Yeah he seemed really excited about getting out of the office” she kept her tone even.

“Go ahead and tell Spike I called but remember to add the fact that I most definitely won’t be calling back. It’s his fault if he had of been here he would have got my call but you know he wasn’t so I’ll talk to you when I get back Cordy...bye” Buffy hung up and Cordelia wondered if what she’d just done had actually helped.

~~

Buffy put the phone down and glared at it “Swell my husband is miles away, having a lunch date with a notorious whore and probably not remembering I exist” she glared at her phone.

Dawn offered a weak smile ‘God Spike and Buffy were idiots’.


Chapter End Notes:
Did you like it?