Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's another chapter done. hope you enjoy.
As Buffy entered the living room Dawn quickly grabbed Michael and gave him a passionate kiss. Her sister raised a brow as Michael tugged Dawn closer. Buffy coughed violently and watched as they sprang apart, obviously not remembering that they were in the presence of someone else.

Michael made a strained sound and said goodbye as he went to work.

“So sis, what’s with the pashing before nine O’clock” Buffy asked dryly as she flipped on the television.

Right there Dawn saw her opening “Yeah I just...well sometimes I can’t help myself, Michael is so gorgeous and he’s all mine and he lives with me, spends everyday with me, loves me, cares for me. You know I can’t imagine what being away from him would feel like, I practically count the seconds he’s gone” Dawn gushed and put a dreamy look on her face.

“You sicken me Dawnie” she commented playfully “but you two are very sweet.”

Dawn started talking about the television show that was currently running and Buffy let her mind drift. God she wanted to call Spike, it had been three days. THREE DAYS! And she couldn’t even look at something as simple as a table lamp without being reminded of him. Dawn was staring at her expectantly.

“Huh?” Buffy cringed waiting for Dawn’s tirade of ‘why do you never listen to me’s?’ and ‘I’m wise to ya knows’ but they never came. She gave her sister an odd look because a calculating smile had formed on Dawn’s lips. “Why are you staring at me?”

“There was a bug, anyway I gotta go, the houses wont sell themselves, bye” Dawn kissed Buffy on the cheek and skipped out the door, leaving Buffy to make her own breakfast.

~~

Spike stormed into the office, God he bloody hated that Hillman chit, every five minutes during their lunch meeting she would run her foot up his leg, causing him to stop talking and glare at her, reminding her of her place. He walked into his office, past Cordelia who threw her files down and began talking to him, not that he payed attention.

“Don’t you” she began to say and he shut the door in her face “dare.”

Cordelia knocked on his door twice before yelling “Buffy called” she walked back to her desk as he came bursting out of his office “Okay well I’m on Lunch” she said sweetly and began to leave, a small squeal escaping her as she was lifted off of the ground and brought back to her desk.

“Spike put me down!” she wiggled and he set her down.

“When did she call?” he asked, giving the phone a longing glance.

“Geez, today while you were lunching with Darla but, you two didn’t actually talk so if you were to call her now you’d be losing the bet” she smiled “Now I’m off to lunch” she walked away, leaving a very confused Spike.

~~

Buffy stared at the phone, I will not call Spike. I will not call Spike. I will not call Spike. I will so call Spike. Buffy grabbed the phone but quickly threw it back down like it had burnt her.

She repeated the mantra in her head before flopping back down onto her bed, if she didn’t do something she was going to go crazy.

Someone knocked on the door and she sprang up from her bed, in her eagerness not noticing that her phone had flown off of the bed, the impact of the fall making the phone split apart and lose its sim card.

Buffy opened the door to see a slightly taller man with red hair “Oz....OH my God!” Buffy leaped into the man’s arms, Daniel Ozbourne had been Buffy’s friend since high school but recently they had lost touch.

“Still light as a feather then Buffy?” Oz commented as he set her down, giving a slight smile when she gave him a tiny slap.

“Come in, come in” she ushered him into the apartment.

“Nice place” he shrugged off his jacket.

“Well I can’t take the credit; I’m staying with my sister, which actually brings me to my next question, how did you know I was in Rome and better still how do you know where my sister lives?” she gave him an expectant look.

“Me and Dawn saw each other on the streets today, we said hello and she told me you were staying here, gave me the address and here I am” he smiled and Buffy mock gasped.

“Why Oz did you just make an expression.”

“Never,” she joined him on the couch and the pair talked about the little things and big things that were happening in their lives.

“I cannot believe you have a rock band...well I can believe it but I still can’t help but think of you as the guy in High school that didn’t care about where he went or who he went there with” she gave him a soft smile “what happened there?”

“Well on your way to your dreams, sometimes you get lost and find a better one” he said softly.

“Ah Oz ever the wise man” she said with a grin.

Oz looked down at his watch “Crap, I gotta go, band meeting in twenty minutes, he we’re touring so you should come see us play tomorrow night, here” he scrawled down an address and handed it to her before giving her a hug and leaving.

Buffy looked down at the paper and nodded whispering a soft ‘I’ll be there’.

~~

Gunn and Cordy sat outside of Spike’s office, looking at him through the window “God, look at him in there, he’s been staring at that phone for an hour, we have to get him out of the office” Cordelia said, ignoring the blinking light that was coming from the phone.

“Yeah I know, we had an important meeting the other day, he zoned and I’m pretty sure the lack of attention to that high class bitch set us on her bad side” Gunn commented.

“Which high class floozy are we talking about here?” Cordy asked as she took picked up a pen.

“Lilah Morgan” Gunn watched as she wrote down the name.

“I’ll see what I can do; maybe she’s a sucker for a fancy lunch and an Armani dress” they laughed but stopped when the phone inside the office rang, Cordelia giggled when Spike almost dropped it before answering.

“Buffy?” his heart stopped in his chest.

“No but I’m the closest thing” he heard Dawn’s voice on the end of the line.

“Niblet hi”

“Yeah I know you’re not all that happy to talk to me when you’re waiting for my sister to call but I just wanted to know how you were.”

“I’m alright, how about you Nib?” he sat back in his chair and gave a strange look to Cordy and Gunn who were peering in at him.

“I’m good, me and Buffy are going out to this new club where Oz’s band is performing” Dawn said casually.

“Oz? Who’s Oz?” he asked, curiosity taking over his natural instinct to act casual.

“Oh Buffy’s friend, he kicks ass at the bass guitar, it’s gonna be so awesome, oh not to mention Oz is a total hottie” she giggled “Oh shit I gotta go, talk to you some other time, love you bye” she hung up and he counted to ten. It seemed everybody but himself was in Rome and seeing his girl.

He prowled out of the office and past his two friends in the hall.

“Spike, where are you going?” Cordy ran after him, her heels clicking against the marble floor.

“Rome” was his brief reply as the elevator closed, keeping Gunn and Cordelia on that level.

“Did he just say Rome?” she asked.

“Yeah” Gunn replied.

She gave a nod “Just making sure” they both sighed and went back to work.


Chapter End Notes:
Did you like?