Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the slight delay in posting, the computer decided to try and commit suicide on me but its alright now.
“We can’t let him go!” Cordelia pushed the button for the elevator and dragged Gunn inside with her; he rolled his eyes and pressed the button for level one.

“What do you suggest we do then?” he asked, annoyance tinging his voice.

“We have to stop him at all costs” Cordy pulled Gunn out of the elevator and they both left the building, Cordy hailed for a taxi and they both frowned when a shifty looking man pulled up.

Cordy briefly wondered if she could get fired for leaving work in the middle of the day but it didn’t really matter because Spike was probably half way to the airport and without a boss they were pretty much sitting around and watching paint dry.

“Okay here’s the plan, when we get to the airport. You” she pointed to Gunn with a perfectly manicured nail “cut him off before he has time to buy a ticket and I will go and buy coffee” she sat back with a proud smile, obviously pleased with herself.

“Yeah sure, I’ll be able to stop him...look Spike’s white but still incredibly strong for his size” Gunn paid the taxi driver and helped Cordy out of the cab.

“You are such a baby, God afraid of Spike...Spike’s as white as they come, for goodness sake his hair is bleached blonde!” they entered the airport and spotted Spike yelling at a baggage claim woman.

“Okay, you go over to him and I’m gonna go hit the cafe” Cordelia quickly rushed over to the nearest cafe and Gunn made his way over to Spike and a rather strict looking woman.

“Spike man hey” Gunn greeted.

“Charles?” Spike stopped his rant to look at his friend in confusion before turning back to the lady “You think I need luggage to get on a flight, here” he removed his suit jacket and his tie and threw them at her “there’s your bloody luggage.”

“Spike, come with me” Gunn grabbed onto the other man’s arm and Spike gave the offending hand a glare.
“Mate, let me go” he turned and gave him an expectant look.

“Oh Watch out iced coffee coming through” Cordelia walked up to them and feigned stumbling forward, she tipped her iced coffee all over Spike’s shirt and pants and gave a fake gasp “oopps.”

“Bloody hell” Spike practically growled as he held his hands away from his now soaked front, Gunn looked at Cordelia in brief shock before regarding Spike with a small chuckle.

~~

Buffy walked into the club, music flowing over her, begging to be danced to. She gave a quick point in Oz’s direction before splitting from Dawn and Michael; she eased through the gyrating bodies on the dance floor to Oz and his band.

“Buffy hi” Oz turned and gave her a quick smile “this is Devin, he’s our lead singer” he pointed to a rather large, toned man who obviously thought he was all that and more.

“Buffy” he smiled and gave her hand a kiss, she smiled back but felt like yanking her hand away.

“This is Veruca; she also sings and plays the guitar on the side” Buffy smiled at the petite woman in front of her. She had short blonde hair that was lighter than Buffy’s and she was dressed in simple black pants with a blue top that showed her stomach.

“Hey” Buffy gave a smile and Veruca returned it.

“And this is our drummer Ben” Oz ushered a slightly shy man forward, Buffy had to admit that he wasn’t bad looking, he had brown hair and a nice smile, she ducked down a bit to see warm brown eyes looking out at her.

“Hey Ben” Buffy smiled and Ben gave her one in return.

“Hey Buffy, Michael got a table so whenever you’re ready, find us...Hey Oz” Dawn smiled at the shorter man and returned back to her table.

“I’m going to let you guys finish up here and I’ll see you on stage, you better be good Oz” she smiled before walking off to find her sister.

An hour later Oz and his band had performed and Buffy was now down to her fifth drink.

“Buffy you might wanna slow down” Veruca advised from where she sat next to the now slouched blonde.

“I misch him ya know” Buffy slurred as she drank down the rest of her drink.

“Miss who?” Veruca asked as she took the drink out of Buffy’s hand.

“Schpike” Buffy rested her head on her arms.

“In case you were wondering that word was Spike, he’s her husband” Oz said from across the table.

“Yep! My Hubby, across the world...I schink” She frowned and grabbed Dawn’s abandoned drink but before she could take a sip Veruca grabbed it and put it on the far end of the table.

“Geography wasn’t her strong suit” Oz commented before taking another sip of his beer.

Dawn sat back down and looked at her sister “Oz! I leave you for three songs and my sister is sloshed” she tapped her sister on the head and went around to her side.

“OhmiGod!” Buffy sat up and clasped her hand over her mouth.

“Oh my God” Dawn took a step back from her now green sister and watched her half run half stumble through the crowd to the bathroom. “Oz, when my sister is done puking I’m going to take her home, can you tell Michael to get the car?” he nodded and Dawn went off to check on Buffy.

~~

Spike sat in the cafe of the airport, now with a clean shirt and pants “Cordy I’m going, I have a full bag of clothes and other things and I’m going to go and see my girl” he stood up as his flight was announced “I’ll see you both in a couple of days” he walked off to his gate, leaving Cordelia and Gunn to look at him in frustration.

~~

Dawn shut Buffy’s bedroom door quietly and walked over to the counter, her sister was going to be hung to the over tomorrow morning. The phone began to chirp and Dawn picked it up, briefly wondering who’d be calling at midnight.

“Hello?”

“Dawn, it’s me Cordelia.”

Dawn rolled her eyes, she never really got along with Cordelia “hey Cordy, what’s up” but she had to at least pretend.

“Spike’s on his way to Rome” was the brunette’s short answer.

“Awww” Dawn grinned, this was so romantic.

“Yeah, it’s romantic blah blah blah” Dawn could practically hear Cordelia’s eyes rolling “I just called to tell you or warn you, alright say hi to Buffy for me, bye” Cordy hung up and Dawn went to the couch.

“Who was that?” Michael asked as she snuggled into his side.

“Don’t worry about it, lets just say Buffy’s in for a really good surprise” Dawn said with a twinkle in her eye, God she loved to meddle.


Chapter End Notes:
Did you like?