Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: Characters belong to Joss Whedon and The WB
Spike warily stepped out into the sun. He shielded his eyes as he looked up at the sky. Never had he thought that he would get a chance to see the sun again, or at least step out into it without worrying what it would do to him. He noted happily how good the warmth felt on his skin. This had been something he missed when he became a vampire.

“You alright?” Buffy questioned, knocking him out of his thoughts. He looked down from the sky, blinking at the spots that appeared before his eyes after having looked at the sun.

“Yeah, just admirin’ the beautiful day is all.” She smiled at him.

“Come on, don’t want to keep Angel waiting.”

“No, wouldn’t want that now.” He stated sarcastically. She slapped him gently in the arm.

“’ey, injured man ‘ere, luv.”

“Then be nice.” She ordered as they reached a small green car. It was the type of car that screamed Buffy, not tall, dark, brooding Angel.

“Shut up, Spike.” Angel said as the blond slipped into the back, sniggering lightly.

“Didn’t say a thing.”

“Yeah, but you were thinking it.” Angel said while shifting the tiny car into drive.

“So I was thinking we’d have a picnic in the backyard. Spike did mention how nice of a day it was. Would you and Cordy like to join us?” Buffy asked from her spot in the front seat.

“Uh, sure. I’ll talk to her, but I’m sure that’s fine…Hey do you mind if we stop downtown, I should probably get my car.”

“ Of course. You don’t mind, Spike, do you?” she turned and faced him.

“Yeah, not like I’m in dire need to be ‘ome or anythin’.”

“Alright, then we’ll stop downtown, drop you at your car and then you and Cordy can come over at six, how’s that sound?”

“Like a plan.” Angel drove for a couple more miles before reaching a parking garage.

“I’ll just get out here. They don’t let you in without a ticket and I don’t want you to have to pay just to drop me off at my car.” He said as he pulled into a parking spot in front of the garage.

“Always the gentleman.” Spike muttered under his breath.

“You say something, hon?”

“Nothing, luv.” He said with a smile as the three of them got out of the car. Spike made his way to the front passenger seat, not trusting himself to stand for too long. He was starting to feel a little dizzy, but not enough to cause alarm.

“See you two later.” Angel said, giving Buffy a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
“Be careful, Will. I’m not going to the hospital again for awhile.” Angel told him, slightly serious, through the open window. Spike rolled his eyes.

“You’ll see me tonight, what trouble can I get into in that span of time.” The brunette chuckled.

“A lot. Just, be careful.”
************************************************************

Buffy pulled the car into the driveway. After putting it into park she looked over at Spike, concern showing on her features.

“Are you sure you’re up for this evening. I can always tell them that it’s not a good night.”

Spike, who had been quiet majority of the trip home, looked over at her. The truth of the matter was that he wasn’t sure what to say to her. He wasn’t sure what was the right thing to say and what was the wrong. He and Buffy were married, Angel was his brother and he had a tumor. That’s all he knew about this life.

“I’m fine, luv. By the time Peaches gets ‘ere, I’ll be ready to take on the bloody world.” This got a laugh out of her.

“Alright, I get it. Now come on. I should start getting things ready. We have about an hour and a half before they get here.”

************************************************************

Spike watched as Buffy meticulously peeled and cut the potatoes for the potato salad. He’d never known her to be a good cook. In reality he’d known from stories that she wasn’t. He always laughed when Dawn would give a look of horror to the idea of her sister cooking. Right now though he was enjoying, this was the domestic Buffy. Fighter Buffy and sexy Buffy were both really good, but domestic, caring Buffy, it made his love grow for her even more. With her being the slayer and always worrying about the end of the world, she was rarely domestic. Dinners in the Summers household normally involved takeout or a meal cooked by Willow. Spike wondered if this is what she’d be like if she didn’t have to worry about everyone’s lives.

“Penny for your thoughts.” Buffy said as she sat next to him on the couch, bringing him back to reality.

“Just thinking ‘bout you, kitten.” She leaned into him as he put an arm around her shoulders.

“I can see we’re going down memory lane.” She commented, noting the photo album in his lap.

“Yeah, we definitely ‘ad some fun times.” He said with a laugh, she laughed too. After they’d gotten in and Buffy had gone to the kitchen to make potato salad, Spike had spotted the album. He wanted to find out what he was like and what sort of things he’d done. That way he wouldn’t be a hundred percent lost, just ninety percent.

“I think my favorite’s the one where we’re at the fair, standing in line for the ferris wheel.”

“Any reason?”

“Yeah, for one you were totally wigging about the entire thing. Who ever knew Big, Bad, Dangerous Spike, was afraid of heights.” She told him with a smile.

“I am not afraid of heights.” He tried. He really wasn’t, but apparently this Spike was. That didn’t mean he couldn’t try saying he wasn’t.

“Mhmm, right.” She didn’t believe him.

“You ‘ad said ‘for one’, what was the other reason.” Her mood changed instantly. She was serious, more somber, now.

“It was right before we found out.” He was about to question what they found out when he realized what. The tumor. They were both silent for a minute before she cleared her throat.

“They’ll be here in half an hour, you should go start the burgers since they take longer than hot dogs. You ok to do that?” he smiled at her.

“I’ll be fine. Don’t worry.” It was her turn to smile.

“I’ll always worry.”