Author's Chapter Notes:
Reviews would be awesome but not required.
“C’mon luv wake up for me,” Spike nudged her shoulder as she absently batted his drifting hand away from her cheek. “’S time to face the music, we’re in London pet.” He lovingly stroked her cheek one last time before nudging her head clear off his shoulder, wiping at the slight drool mark she’d left there.

“What? Ok, I’m up, I’m up…we’re in London! Oh my God we’re in London! We can’t be in London yet, I haven’t had enough time…let’s go back home and take the flight again another day…or never. Never would be really good, please Spike? Do this for me?” Her wide eyes begged him as passengers moved past their seats to exit the plane.

“No can do luv. We’re here and that’s the way it’s going to be, now move!” He nudged her into the small aisle before he thrust a black duffle into her arms and continued to pressure her off the plane as he grabbed the other duffle and followed after her.

Stepping out into the main terminal of London’s Heathrow airport brought back none of the nostalgia of being home for Buffy, but rather the anxieties of meeting all of the people she had grown up with and worst of all…her parents.

“C’mon luv, wouldn’t want to keep the parents waiting, would we?” He looped her arm into his as he pulled her forward through the crowd towards the baggage claim area.

“Bugger off you stupid sodding…”

“Not two minutes in the country and you’re already speaking like a true Brit again, even got a faint hint of that accent coming back kitten.” He laughed as she contemplated what she’d just said and rolled her eyes. There was no use in denying her roots as she followed the bleached blonde through the crowd.

He wrapped his arms around her tiny waist as they waited for their bags to travel down the carousel. He couldn’t resist nibbling along the back of her neck as he saw college boy checking her out again. The more the boy’s eyes traveled over her bared, bronzed flesh, the more Spike want to rip his overgrown head off his overgrown body.

‘No bloody way in hell was she going to leave him and…what? Marry some college fool? Or would she move on to an older more distinguished…Giles’ Spike shook his head at the very thought of his wife with his favorite uncle. Suppressing the urge to gag, he turned back to the carousel in time to grab their bags. When he turned back the petite blonde was nowhere in sight.

“Bleeding buggering hell! Stupid little bint jus‘…Mum, Da ‘s great to see you both.” Spike held back a chuckle at the sight of Buffy squished in between her parents as they engulfed her in a bear hug.

“William, my dear boy, let’s take a gander at you. You’ve grown up and by the looks of it Elizabeth’s cooking hasn’t improved much.” Joyce Summers jabbed at his side as she surveyed his lean form under the black suit.

“She’s been absolutely wonderful to me Joyce and to tell the truth I do most ‘f the cooking in our house. “ ‘Well if you could call the pork beans I heated up in the microwave cooking ‘n our house is the biggest crock in history. Hasn’t been ours since the bloody chit kicked me out.’ He smiled at the loving couple as he wrapped his arm around the sputtering blonde and led her out of the baggage claim and towards the waiting cab.

Once everyone was situated, they began the trek to the large countryside estate that was the Summers’ summer home.

“…and Elizabeth, Drusilla is ecstatic that you two could make it back for the wedding. She knows how hard you’ve been working out in California and she wanted us to tell you that she can’t wait to see her favorite big sister…” Joyce carried on with her one-sided conversation as her daughter watched the countryside roll by miserably. She paid no attention to her husband anxiously fidgeting at her side as he impatiently tapped his fingers to a beat known only in his mind.

“What the hell are you doing?” Buffy nudged his vibrating thigh as he continued to toy with the cuff of his jacket.

“What the bleedin’ hell does it look like ‘m doing? ‘m twitchin’. Can’t help it, ‘m nervous ‘bout seein’ Dru and the rest of ‘em.” Spike whispered back to her as he tried to stop the nervous twitching his fingers and legs had seemed to develop.

“Right Dru…it’s all about Dru isn’t it? Humph! And you wonder why I’m leaving your ass.” She quietly snarled back at him, careful to keep her voice low enough so the cab’s other occupants couldn’t hear her.

“No, it’s not always about soddin’ Dru! ‘M in love with you kitten ‘n I want to spend the rest of my life with you, not Dru. Next you’ll be sayin’ I want the nibblet or something just as crazy.” He frowned at the thought of the woman next to him being so insecure that she would think he’d want anything to do with her beautiful yet insane sister. His thoughts came to a screeching halt when he felt her lips on his own and her fingers entwine into his hair.

Across the town car, Joyce and Hank Summers sat whispering conspiratorially to each other as they watched their eldest daughter and her husband. Joyce had heard every single word spoken between the two blondes and she was shocked to find the pair were separating.

“No Hank those two will not get divorced while I’m still living…oh shut up, you stupid git. No, it’s Buffy’s old fears coming back and she’s going to ruin that man in the process of saving her own heart. That boy is head over heels in love with her and she can’t see past her Aunt Victoria and her debacle of a marriage. I swear if I ever see that woman again I’m going to…yes Hank we’re going to do everything in our power to keep them together. Oh look she does love him. Simmer down! She’s 27 years old, let the girl kiss her husband… of course we’ll stop it before clothes start coming off.”