Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this has taken so long to update. I'd like to take the time to thank everyone who has stuck by this one and another thank you to those that have left the happy reviews, they give me a warm fuzzy and I thank you for taking the time to do that.
“’M bloody well bored,” Spike collapsed into a nearby chair as he watched Buffy’s widening smile as she took in his weary appearance. “Your da’ is a right git when ‘e wants to be, you do know that right?” He tugged on the hem of his shirt to show her a forming bruise on his abdomen. “Bugger caught me with his fist! That should have be a foul but no haveta play by Summers’ rules so as long as you have partial use of your limbs, it‘s safe.”

“What Spikey couldn’t take a bit of rugby with the guys?” She bit her lip to keep from laughing out loud at his sullen expression. “I guess you just aren’t as much of a man as Liam or my dad or well Giles for that matter. He’s what, like eighty and can still keep up with dad. Face it, you’ve gotten soft since leaving England.”

“I’ll show you what’s bloody soft.” He muttered under his breath as he tugged her to sit on his lap when he noticed the rest of the extended Summers family heading up the hill and towards them. “You aren’t actually interested in old Rupert, are you luv?”

“What?! Sorry Will, I mean Giles is nice and all but…he’s so not my type…at all…ever.” She quirked an eyebrow at the bleached blonde as she studied his relieved expression. “Why did you ask me if I was interested in Giles of all people?”

“’Cause I’m a git ‘n I thought maybe that you would, well, that you would …after you leave my sorry arse that you would want someone that I’m not ‘n Giles is my polar opposite luv, minus the glasses ‘n the poetry ‘n alright we aren‘t that bloody different but ‘e‘s older and more…mature. ‘s not that big of a leap unless you’re waiting for Soul Boy to come to your rescue.” He glared at the poncy Irish bugger striding up the gentle hill and scowled his disapproval.

“Soul Boy?” She frowned as she followed her gaze to the bulky brunette tugging her skeletal sister up the incline. God they look weird together! She‘s like bride of Dracula and he‘s…not“You mean Liam? What the hell would I want with Liam? He was a lousy lay then and from what I’ve seen he hasn’t improved much in the personality sector since then.” She groaned when said lousy lay gave her a beaming smile as the dark couple sat opposite the blondes.

“Well that was an enlightening game. I do say that I will be feeling those hits tomorrow Hank.” Rupert Giles sat gingerly on the small bench across from the already seated pair. His tawny hair plastered to his head as he tried to loosen it from its sweat-bound hold.

Spike glanced at his uncle and discovered two things. The first being that even though he was getting on in years at fifty-two the man was still quite fit and lead an active lifestyle. The second being that in addition to being, what Spike would begrudgingly admit as ruggedly handsome, the man was a catch for his family money and real estate throughout the country.

“You gave me a run for my money but I think the real upset today was Liam here. You should have seen him sweetheart. I do believe William may be a bit sore after a couple of those hits.” Hank beamed at his future son-in-law and the brooding Irishman only blinked in response, keeping his eye on the petite blonde checking the wounds on the peroxide pest.

“I do believe that William played just splendidly. Even the pixies were urging him on and Ms. Edith said that the stars would fall in line and follow their Dark Prince.”

The mindless chatter of the family stopped as they turned to watch as Dru giggled and pointed at Spike as she relayed her message from the unexplainable voices in her head.

Leaning down, Buffy’s head rested on Spike’s shoulder and she spoke, “What the fuck is she on about? I swear she’s gotten even crazier since we left.”

“Don’t know luv but I’d like to keep her the hell away from me. Bint’s got a crazy look in her eye, like she wants to devour me or something.”

Directly across from the whispering couple was another conversation between the hulking brunette and his giggling counterpart.

“Don’t you think you’re coming on a bit strong there Dru? Buffy’s not exactly stupid and the rest of the family knows you aren’t insane, well completely that is.” Liam watched as Buffy’s lithe form pressed into the little rat’s body as she ran her hand up his torso.

“Oh come on! Let me have a bit of fun before we unveil the surprise. It won’t be long before my dark prince knows exactly what sunshine has done and when he does, he’ll be crawling on his knees for me to rescue him from the fire. Sunshine will have nowhere to run except back to the place she’s already been and then we’ll have a party.” Dru rolled her eyes at the nonsense she was spilling but it was far easier to execute her plan without the lust- struck bumbling idiot in her way.

Joyce watched with amused interest as she caught her middle child roll her eyes while dealing with her fiancé and then at her youngest trying to catch a ladybug that had taken up residence on a nearby bench but she was more amused at the affection her eldest daughter was showing towards her husband when by all accounts her eldest had said it was over between them. She decided at that moment that she would do her best to intervene and save the marriage so she did what any mother would do…

“So, Buffy when can we expect our first grandchild?” She stifled a laugh at the slack-jawed look her daughter had acquired as well as the expectant look Spike had given her.

“Uh, well….uh…um…it’s well…we, uh…Spike, help?” Buffy blanked. The question just kept rolling around in her head but she couldn’t form the words to explain the situation and the look on her mother’s face told her that if she told them that they were getting a divorce that it would crush her…and honestly, she didn’t know if she wanted it anymore. For all intents and purposes the more time they spent together, the more she remembered how good it had been before life got in the way and her doubts had reappeared.

“We’re working on it Joyce.” Spike noted the scared look on his wife’s face and decided to go with an ambiguous answer.

“Hank and I were thinking that at least four would be good but a mix, not just the girls like we had but a couple of boys in the mix to carry on the family name. What do you think dear?” Joyce once again fought to cover her grin as Buffy’s jaw slacked even more as she subtly ran her hands down her hips.

“F-four?”

5 minutes later

“Ah, the car’s have arrived. What’s say we pick up this conversation at another time. I do believe the boys would agree that we need to shower and change before dinner.” Hank vaguely pointed to the entrance of the park where their cars had been idling since they had arrived. He noted the anguished look on his eldest daughter’s face as well as the darkening ones on Liam and Drusilla’s.

He held back a moment before grabbing Joyce’s hand and holding her back while the rest meandered to the cars. “What the hell was that? I thought you said that we were going to push them back together not scare the living daylights out of her?”

“I’m just pointing out the minor details to her. Buffy isn’t thinking straight about this. She has always wanted to be a mother and she’s wanted William to father them since before they were first dating. She just needs a push in the right direction. She’ll forget all about the pain of labor and her hips widening as soon as she holds our grandbaby in her arms. I have a plan Hank, stick with it.” She left him with the same expression Buffy had had just a few shorts moments before.