Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimers: All of the characters in this story belong to Joss Whedon and the creators of Doctor Who.
904 years old, numerous assistants and I've seen entire civilisations absolutely destroyed but yet I have this sense of emptiness. I could say I've always felt this way but then I would be lying. There was a time when I knew where home was, who my family and friends were, until one of my friends got me thinking.

“You're not the same as the rest of us,” he said

At first I took no notice and slowly I noticed people were whispering behind my back. Naturally one would start to wonder, however I was never the type of person who listened to idle chit chat but something just didn't feel right in my gut. Questioning my parents, little that it did. They just shared this look and told me I was being silly. You see all of my people had bright coloured auras and mine, well mine was, correction is midnight blue. The time has come for me to tell you my story. We all end up alone, no matter what we do.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

A thick cloud of smoke surrounded her. So thick that she wasn't able to see where she was. Buffy frantically looked around. Nothing.

“Where the hell am I?” Buffy spoke to herself

The slayer sighed in annoyance, pinched the bridge of her nose and closed her eyes. As she slowly opened them a hole appeared in the cloud. She frowned at the very familiar pack porch. Hesitating for a moment, she took small steps towards it. The grass was so green and a slight breeze blew through the trees. It was all so bright and hot it caused Buffy to smile slightly. The smile turned into a quizzical look as she spotted something out of place. A sandbox. A big, red sandbox in the middle of the garden. Bright yellow spade, pink bucket and a half collapsed sand castle with a toy troll sitting on top of it. Since when did they have a sandbox in the garden?

“What the-” she started

Buffy walked around and spotted other unusual objects around the place. A swing, slide and a Wendy house right at the end of the path. Why would I be dreaming of someone else living in my house? Buffy thought.

What would make her leave Sunnydale? Unless she didn't leave on her own accord. Maybe she died. The porch door opened and out came a slightly older looking Buffy. Golden hair resting gently on her shoulders. She carried a washing basket full of clothes. Pausing as something caught her attention but then carried on towards the line. Buffy watched herself hang out little dresses and tops. One thing that caught her eye was a black t-shirt. Just a plain, black

t-shirt. The woman smiled as she hung it to dry and headed back inside. There was only one person that wore those.

“Spike?” she whispered, anger and confusion both evident in her voice.

Not a cloud in the sky. Just a beautiful blue sky, almost like a blanket. The vampire almost screamed when he realised that he was out in the daylight. Instead he raised his hand to the sun and revelled in its warmth, quickly his brows etched into a frown.

“Where the bloody hell am I?” Spike muttered

He walked down the street, noting how familiar the houses were. This was Revello drive, no doubt about it. This. Dreaming of this street, her house was normal for him but never in the day. Never. He came to a halt at the front of Buffy's house and he could not believe the sight before him. There sat in front of him was the most beautiful, tiny little girl he had ever seen. She had golden blonde hair which stood out even more when the sun danced on it. Little legs crossed as she played with a white, fluffy rabbit. The girl looked so much like Buffy it scared him. She let out a little giggle and he found himself smiling. Buffy had started making her way round to the front of the house and her concerns were confirmed. She had a daughter. She watched the little girl play with fascination. Little cheeks red from the heat but this didn't seem to bother her in the slightest. As Buffy got closer to her she raised her head and seemed to be looking straight ahead. Buffy looked to where she was looking but nobody was there. Or so she thought. The child squinted for a moment. She sprung to her feet and ran towards Spike with a huge grin spread across her face.

“Daddy, daddy!” she squealed

Spike's eyes grew wide. Buffy could now see him. Her eyes now wide with horror.

“Oh, oh no,” she whispered loud enough that the vampire could hear.

But before he could turn around the little girl had ran right through him. He froze on the spot as she started screaming. Buffy ran out the house and her daughter ran towards her. She knelt down in front of her and all she could hear was her daughter babbling.

“Baby, slow down and tell mommy what happened,” she said

The girl took a deep breath and started over.

“Daddy is a ghost!” she said with panic in her little voice.

The young mother sighed.

“Daddy isn't a ghost, Chlo, he can't come out in the sun, remember?”

Chlo turned to face Spike and pointed at him.

“But he's right over there...mommy see?”

She looked over at where Chlo had pointed but saw no one. Buffy couldn't believe what was going on and neither could Spike. She tapped Chlo on the tip of her nose and smiled.

“I think someone has been out in the sun a little too long (Chlo frowns) lets go and make some brownie, hey,” Buffy suggested

“Yeah!” Chlo shouted in excitement

She ran into the house, shortly followed by her mother. The instant they left, Buffy marched her way over to Spike.

“What the hell are you doing in my dream?” she demanded an answer, arms crossed, foot tapping the ground.

“Your dream? This is my dream...wait, what are you doing dreaming of me? Is there something you should be telling me, slayer?” he narrowed his eyes on her

Buffy scoffed and rolled her eyes in disgust.

“As if that would ever happen,”

“Well it obviously has,”

“I wouldn't go ten feet near you,” she spat

He sucked his cheeks into a grin.

“You're only five inches away from me,”

Buffy groaned.

“Get out of my dream!” she exasperated

“This is my dream as well so no,”

“I mean it, get out of here or I'll-,”

“You'll what? Stake me? Sing me a new tune sometime, yeah?” Spike interrupted her

Buffy through her hands up in frustration.

“Fine, I'll go,”

she walked as he continued to talk.

“Don't let your brain hit you on the way out,”

They both shot up out of bed, not sure that what they had seen was real.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

It was a good job she got to Willow when she did, otherwise her friend would've been god mush. Buffy had spent most of the day trying to forget about the dream but nothing worked. Then Glory fed on Tara's brain so she had no choice but to take Dawn to Spike, something the slayer dreaded. Buffy entered the cave to see Dawn asleep on some rocks and Spike looking over her. He lifted his bruised eyes to meet hers and his broken body limped towards her. Damage that was done by the hell god.

“Did you stop Red?” he queried

“Yeah,” came her quiet reply

“Good,”

Buffy was awestruck when she had discovered that Spike, the one person that you could least trust and you could guarantee that would sell you down the river for his un-life hadn't uttered a solitary word of the identity of the key, even though he was near death. That made her realise that he deserved to be trusted and that was the main reason he was there now. Watching over her sister like a guard dog. She looked down at her and ran her hand through her hair.

“Buffy,” Spike started

“What?”

“Tell me if I'm wrong but last night did you...did you have a weird dream?”

Her head shot up to look at him. She just stared at him.

“Now is not the time to discuss this,” she hushed and indicated her sister

Whom had just woken up. Dawn rubbed her eyes and yawned.

“Discuss what?” she slurred

“Nothing,”

Dawn snorted.

“You wouldn't be in such a mood if it was-” she started

The cave shook and bits of rock started to fall off the walls. Spike and Buffy ran for the exit. Dawn screamed as one of the rocks miss her head by an inch.

“BUFFY!”

The slayer, grabbing hold of her sister's hand carried on but before they got to the opening of the cave a bright, yellow light came through the top of the cave, sucking them up with it.

The trio landed with an almighty thump, clashing on a hard metal floor. As they got up they took in the surroundings. A massive, heptagon shaped computer in the middle of this room with a tube that looked like one of those bubble tubes. Scaffolding everywhere and the walls looked like someone had stuck balls in them. All of a sudden. A trap door in the floor opened and a brown haired man popped his head up, causing them to jump. They stared at him and he simply stared back at them, bemusement all over his face.

“What? What? (looks straight at them) What?”


Chapter End Notes:
What do you think guys? What was your favourite part? Please please please review as reviews help me to write more and get my confidence up. :) thanks!