Author's Chapter Notes:
I love you all. I think your reviews are to blame for my daily updates. :]



Okay, I decided that I’m going to explain here what exactly a minion is in my story because there seems to be a bit of confusion. The biggest difference between a minion and a childe in my story is the way that they are sired. A minion is given very, very, very little vampire blood where a childe is given quite a bit more. Because of the small amount of vampire blood running through their veins, minions are weak and easier to control. That is why they tend to stick with their masters/sires/whatever you wanna call them. They aren’t very likely to survive long on their own, as they can be taken out by a strong human. Like a Slayer or a guy that works out way too much. Another thing about minions, that makes them a whole step lower than childes, is that they cannot turn people.



Anyways, on with the story!
:]
***Read the AN for important information!***


Chicago, 1942


Buffy and Spike walked in silence. They hadn’t had a problem getting out of the mansion unnoticed. Luckily, Angelus and Drusilla had gone out themselves. Buffy had this strange feeling in her gut though. She never disobeyed Angelus and even though she wasn’t technically disobeying him, she was doing something she knew he would disapprove of. It scared her a bit, but it also excited her. And the excitement won out over any doubt she had about going out with Spike tonight.


Buffy glanced over at Spike. She didn’t want to say anything, but she was starving. She hadn’t eaten in the day before, and Buffy was sure he hadn’t had time to eat without her noticing. She wondered if he was as hungry as she was.


“So, I was thinkin’ we’d stop for a bite to eat before we go Lilth hunting. I dunno ‘bout you, luv, but I’m bloody starving.” Spike said as he stuck a cigarette in his mouth and lit it in one smooth motion. Buffy eyed him in appreciatively, a smile starting on her lips.


“God, yes. I’m so hungry that I could eat a bus load,” She replied, swinging her arms at her sides and kicking a rock.


Spike smirked. “As fun as a massacre sounds, sweets, I say we leave that to another night.”


Buffy bit her lip, pleased by the implication that they might go out together another time. She smiled over at him flirtatiously. “Another night? Careful Spike, wouldn’t want me to get the impressing that you actually like spending time with me.”


Chuckling, “And how do you know I’m not just trying to piss Angelus off by keeping his favorite vamp away?”


Buffy spun around so that she was walking backwards in front of Spike. She admired the way his cheeks hollowed when he took a drag of his cigarette. He looked so good tonight and Buffy was glad that her cuts had almost completely faded. She covered what she could with make-up. She didn’t want to feel as though she was cheating him. Spike gave her something beautiful to look at, and she wanted to say the same. Buffy twisted a strand of her now clean and silky smooth hair between her fingers.


“Uh huh, if you say so, Spikey. You can’t fool me.”


Spike let a playful growl escape his throat, grabbed her hands, and started pulling her in the other direction. His words were slightly muffled as he spoke around his cigarette.


“Well, fine. If you want we could just go back to the mansion so you can spend quality time with Ange-“


“Nooo. A big no, in fact,” Buffy exclaimed, pulled her hand out of his. She teasingly smacked his shoulder and they resumed their steady pace. “I would rather spend quality time with a bath of holy water than with Angelus.”


“And me, kitten? Where does hanging out with me stand on your wants list? Am I before or after the holy water bubble bath?”


“You’d be surprised actually.” She said. “You’re pretty high up there on my wants list.”


She scrunched up her nose as she realized what had just come out of her mouth. Buffy watched the wheels turning in his head, watched the smirk slowly spread across his face, then his tongue curl behind his teeth. If Buffy had been human, she swore she would have blushed.


“If you wanted me that badly, luv, all you had to do was ask.”


Despite herself, she couldn’t help the laughter that bubbled in her chest. She crossed her arms over her chest and jutted her bottom lip in a pout. “You so know what I meant, you meanie.”


Spike nodded, smiling at her childish pout. He took another drag of his cigarette. “Yeah, I did. So what are you in the mood for tonight?”


Buffy looked up at the moon, running a hand through her hair thoughtfully. It had been a very long while since she’d had a night to do whatever she wanted. “Well, since I’m… eh, ‘off duty’ tonight, I’m sorta feelin something… intoxicated?”


She said the last word hesitantly, unsure of how he’d respond. Buffy glanced at him hopefully and Spike gave her a brilliant smile. He wrapped his fingers around her elbow and led her in the direction of a nearby club.


---


Buffy stared into glazed blue eyes. The boy was young, with dark brown hair. Buffy tried not to think about why she had immediately chosen him when she saw the color of his eyes. She tried not to think about why a part of her wished his eyes were just a few shades darker.


It hadn’t taken much to convince him to come home with her. He was a lot drunker than she had initially wanted, but she didn’t mind. She hoped he would help calm her nerves and help her loosen up around Spike a bit more.


Stepping out of the club, she cringed as he ran his large hands up her hips. He was built quite well and stood much taller than her. He was actually quite cute, but Buffy found him too bulky, too tall, and his hair was just too dark for her taste. She giggled, trying to act intoxicated herself as she pulled him into a nearby alleyway.


“Where,” The boy paused, laughing as he tried to keep up with her and not fall on his face at the same time. “Where are we going?”


“Come on,” Buffy said, turning to face. She looked up at him through lowered lashes, giving him a seductive little smile. “I know a shortcut.”


They didn’t get very far into the alley before the boy tripped over his own feet and fell. He laughed loudly, rolling so that he was lying on his back. He still had Buffy’s hand in his and had nearly taken her down with him when he fell. He let it slide out of his hand though, to brush his hair out of his face.


Buffy laughed, gazing hungrily at him. “Mmm, you look so delicious; I could take you right here.”


He stared back at her lustily. “What are you waiting for, baby?”

She grinned. Buffy stepped over him, slowly slid her dress up her legs, revealing the top of her stockings, and lowered herself down so that she was straddling his groin. She seductively ran her hands up his chest, trying to assess exactly how muscled he was. Buffy leaned down, pressing her nose against his neck.


“You smell so good.” She whispered.


He placed his hands on her hips and pulled her down harder onto his pelvis. Buffy let out a small cry of pain. Her hip was still sore from the day before. He grunted, holding her tighter. “You’re so damn hot.”


Buffy smiled into his neck. She nipped at his jugular, her face shifting and fangs elongating, and she easily sank her teeth into it. The boy gasped and Buffy sucked harder as he started to struggle. His movements slowed though. Buffy eased on the sucking and just let blood gush and spill into her mouth. Her eyes drifted closed in pleasure. She savored the taste of his blood flavored with alcohol, arousal, and fear. Her favorite blend.


---


When Buffy reentered the club, she easily found Spike at the bar. He looked quite satisfied and minus the woman he had been talking to before she left. She made her way towards him, smiling a bit too brightly, feeling the effects of her alcoholic dinner. Apparently the boy had been able to hold his alcohol a little bit better than Buffy because she was feeling almost as drunk as he had been. She felt self conscious for a moment, wondering if she had made a wrong decision by drinking the very intoxicated boy.


Any self-consciousness she felt disappeared though when Spike spotted her. The goofy smile that bloomed on his face made her heart flutter. Apparently, his dinner hadn’t been so sober either.


“Ready to go, pet?” Spike asked as he stood up from his seat on the stool. He offered her his arm.


“Yup.” She replied, popping the ‘p.’ Buffy looped her arm with his and they walked through the club and out into the dark night together.


The streets were silent. Buffy giggled, clutching his arm tighter. “I think I may have lied about that bus comment earlier. I’m feeling quite satiated.”


Spike slipped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him. “I dunno, luv, I think I could go for a bit more,” He wagged his eyebrows suggestively, a lazy smile on his lips, “If you’re up for it.”


Buffy stopped walking and pushed him away from her, laughing. She laughed harder when he stumbled. He laughed as well, holding an arm out in her direction.


“Keep your hands off me, you dirty old man.” She teased, taking his hand, and slowly pulling him along down the street.


“Hey,” Spike cried, incredulous. “I’ll have you bloody know. I’m not that much older than you.”


Buffy smiled at him curiously, “How old were you when you were turned?”


“Guess.”


“Hmmm…” Buffy made a show of thinking, placing her hand on her chin and looking up at the sky. “I’m thinkin’ twenty-two.”


Spike snorted, “Try again, kitten.”


She furrowed her eyebrows at him. He didn’t look that much older than her. “Twenty-five?”


“More like thirty-one.”


Buffy’s eyes widened. “Whaaaat? Seriously? Sheesh, you are a dirty old man.”


“I’m not that old.” Spike grumbled, looking away from her.


“One thing is for sure, though, you definitely aged well.”


Spike smirked at her and she looked away, feeling silly for having just said that. “What about you, luv? How old were you when Peaches turned you?”


“Twenty-one.” She announced cheerfully, Buffy walked with a slight bounce in her step. “Glad to say I’m going to spend the rest of my unlife at my prime.”


Spike’s eyebrows shot up. “Twenty-one? That’s actually surprising.”


Buffy frowned at him, offended. She thought she looked pretty good for her age. Was it the dress? Did it make her look old? She looked down at herself critically. “What’s that supposed to mean?”


“Nothing against you personally, pet. I just meant since Angelus usually likes ‘em young. Y’know, innocent sixteen and seventeen year old things.”


Buffy nodded in understanding. She knew well what Angelus’ favorite food was.


Virgins.


Spike and Buffy walked and talked together for about an hour and Buffy could honestly say she was enjoying herself immensely. Spike was funny and charming and it was just so easy to talk to him. Buffy had even said a few things she knew she normally wouldn’t have if she hadn’t have had a bit of a buzz going. She really hoped she didn’t regret anything she said to him tonight when she sobered up. Part of her knew she wouldn’t.


Spike stopped walking suddenly. He grabbed the hem of her shirt and pulled her after him, off of the street. “This is the place.”


Buffy felt the excitement build as she followed him. She slipped her hand into his and pulled it away from her shirt, intertwining her fingers with his. He led her carefully through the trees and they eventually made it to a clearing. Buffy gasped.


Ahead of her the land sloped downward into a valley of sorts. At the very bottom of the valley was a group of large purple demons that looked to be sleeping. Each demon was surrounded with a pulsating fire, some with red fire and some with blue fire. They didn’t seem to be in pain. Buffy could see the large purple scales that covered them beneath the fire.


Spike took a seat on the grass at the top of the valley. He tugged on Buffy’s hand to encourage her to sit next to him. She did, sitting cross-legged, and adjusting her dress to cover her lap. She leaned toward him, their shoulders touching.


“They’re so beautiful.”


Spike nodded in agreement. Whispering, “They say that the males burn blue and the females burn red.”


“Yeah,” Buffy had heard that before. She had been wanting to see these demons for a long time. They jumped from dimension to dimension and could teleport halfway across the world in just a second if they wanted to. ”I heard they don’t have a language. Do they communicate with a sort of Lilth equivalence of human sign language?


Spike shrugged. He looked over at her, an unreadable expression on his face as he studied her awed face. “I wouldn’t think so, sweets. Lilth demons are blind.”


Buffy frowned thoughtfully. She noted how each demon that burned with a blue fire was paired up with a demon with a red fire. Lilth demons were eternally loyal to their mates. Even in death. If one mate died, the other died as well. Buffy wondered how they found their mate if they couldn’t communicate. How could you fall in love with someone you couldn’t even talk to?


She turned her gaze over to Spike, meeting his eyes. “Drusilla. She’s…”


Spike looked away from her, returning his gaze to the demons below. “Off her rocker?”


Buffy shook her head, “Well, yeah. But I was gonna say: She’s like… the love of your unlife, isn’t she?”


He was silent for a moment, his eyes still trained on the fiery demons. Finally he responded. “I guess you could say that.”


Buffy stared at him, trying to figure out exactly what was going through his head. He stood up though and sent her a wicked grin. Spike started to make his way down the slope, into the valley. Buffy’s eyes widened in a panic.


“Whoa. Wait. What? Where are you going?” Buffy asked, freaked. She quickly grabbed a hold of the back of Spike’s jacket in attempt to stop him.


He turned and gave her a mischievous smile. “Gonna get a closer look. Come on.”


“Okay, so, apparently, your dinner was a million times drunker than mine. Are you crazy? What if they wake up? They’re like twice our size, they’ll smoosh us.” Buffy replied, still pulling on his jacket. She gave him a pleading look.


But she was ignored and he continued to the bottom of the valley. Buffy hung back a bit, hesitant. She was certain that this was a bad idea, but she knew she couldn’t stop him. She followed nervously.


When Spike reached the first demon couple, he reached out to touch the blue fire. Buffy heard him suck in a harsh intake of air. Curiosity got the better of her and she edged closer to him.


“Spike?” She whispered. “What is it?”


“It’s cold.” He said, pulling his hand away from the fire. They were both surprised to see that his fingertips still burned with the icy fire. His hands were shaking from the chill the fire brought over him.


Buffy couldn’t resist. She carefully slipped her fingers into the red fire. She pulled her hand back and rubbed the flames between her fingers. Warmth spread through her body. She felt alive. “It’s warm. Not painful, burning warm. Just… warm.”


Spike stared at her burning fingertips for a moment before looking back at his own. He reached for her hand, tugging her closer. Buffy felt dizzy as she felt him gazing into her, seeing through her. His beautiful blue eyes flickered yellow, his demon struggling to be released. Her eyes wondered to his fingertips, still burning, then back to his face. There was something in his eyes, something strong and passionate, but she couldn’t pinpoint exactly what it was. Buffy felt her insides burning, aching for him. Every nerve in her body was screaming at her. Take him. Have him. Love him. She sucked in a shaky breath, overwhelmed by the amount of emotion running through her body.


Spike’s head lowered towards hers and she dazedly tilted her head back. By their sides, their burning fingertips met. And as they did, her soft warm lips pressed against his cool ones.


Chapter End Notes:
I love you all. I think your reviews are to blame for my daily updates.
:]

Please review!