Chapter 14

“So, what are you going to have?” Willow said as they sat back down in the food court.

“I know what I’d like…oh to hell with it, I’m going to have a burger and fries, I’ll snack it tonight, as I’m on my own probably – Spike will be filming late, he said he’d – OH! This might be him now – I was just going to say he was going to ring me!.............. Hi babe! She’s fine…no, no luck so far, if we can get the colour I want, then they haven’t got the sizes…no I know…you will – thought so, I just said to Will you’d be late…yes, I suppose I could stay – I’ll phone Mrs Calendar and tell her…okay then…ring me later when you’ve finished – I don’t mind if it is after midnight…okay then, bye, bye!”

“I’m going to stay here in London tonight, I’ll just ring Mrs C and tell her we won’t be home for supper…” Buffy said to Willow

“Right, that’s done, I’ll book a room at the Dorchester”

“No, you can stay in my room, there’s a huge bed and a huge couch, they won’t know!”

“If you’re sure!”

_________________


12.35am Willow’s room at the Dorchester

“Hi babe!”

“I’m knackered –cold, wet and starving!”

“Oh you poor thing!”

“Could well be the same tomorrow – Gez wants to carry on filming while the weather is rough, were supposed to be on a weird planet!”

“Don’t you catch cold!”

“I’ll try not to… the lads have set up a tarpaulin for us to shelter under, and we have a brazier to warm ourselves and have hot drinks when we’re not needed for filming”

“Well that’s something I suppose – so how’s it going?”

“Great, the opening scene is in the can as they say, where the old doctor undergoes a metamorphosis into me”

“Have you met any ‘nasties’ yet?”

“That’ll be tomorrow I’ll meet my foe!”

“Well don’t get terminated or whatever – I need you!”

This made Spike chuckle and he said,

“I won’t…could do with a cuddle though!”

“Me too – never mind, I’ll make it up to you soon as I can!”

“I’ll hold you to that!”

(Spike yawned)

“I suppose I better let you go now”

“They’ve just sent out for some take-away, but I think I’ll wait for the chuck wagon in the morning, I’m going to turn in and check my script for tomorrow, you know what I’m like first night in a strange bed, I never sleep that well”

“What’s your trailer like?”

“Great – really nice, practically new – you can see it when you come over”

“Okay babe”

“What are you going to do now?”

“Watch a DVD – there’s a big screen TV in the suite Willow’s got!”

“Nice, well then babe, night-night, love you”

“Love you too, sleep tight”

__________________


Buffy woke to the sound of the shower running. She stretched and yawned, and got up and went over to the kettle, it was red hot, must have just boiled. She made herself a coffee, and switched on the TV for the news.

Willow came into the room in her towelling robe rubbing her hair with a towel.

“Morning!”

“Hey – Tea or coffee?” Buffy asked going over to the kettle

“Tea please – hold on…I’ve got some herbal ones in my bag pocket” Willow opened her bag and got one out and passed it to Buffy, who dropped it into a mug and poured on boiling water.

“So, what are we going to do today?” they both sat on the bed, sipping their drinks, Buffy said

“There are some more shops I want to check in central London, and if I don’t get any joy, then we could head out to Essex, there are quite a few there too”

“Okey-dokey.”

Buffy finished her coffee, had a quick shower and just as she’d got dressed, Spike rang her.

“Hi babe – were are you?”

“At the hotel, just had a shower…what are you eating?”

“Hmm, a bacon and sausage bap with a fried egg on it, yummy!”

“Sounds good!”

“Tis – anyway, I was talking to Gez, and he doesn’t need me after about 4 this afternoon, while the weather is the way it is, he wants to film a battle scene, so I can meet you if you like, just say where”

“Great, tell you what, got to the hotel, and we can meet there – if were not back, wait in the lounge bar, and I’ll come and find you”

“Okay love, take care”

“Will do, and you, bye”

Buffy re-iterated to Willow what Spike had just said to her and they decided not to order breakfast, but to get something while they were out.

______________________


Looking in the street-finder map and the address of the wedding shop Buffy had taken down from the local phone book, Buffy looked at the number of the bookshop they were standing outside of.

“So if that’s 153…and next door is 155, it’s got to be on the other side of the road…down that way”

“Yes...come on…that’s 146…148……….154…156 – it’s down there, next to the last shop look” Willow said, and they crossed the road.

“This looks really nice” Buffy said looking inside the window, they had a stunning wedding dress in the window, surrounded by things a bride might need, a veil, shoes, parasol, dolly bag, ring pillow, etc.

They went inside. A tall slim lady, who with obvious poise had used to be a model smiled and asked if she could help them. Buffy explained what she was after.

“If you’d like to take a seat, I can show you our latest range via our website, and if there is something that catches your eye, I can take the number and show it to you”

So Buffy and Willow took a seat at a table and the lady via another computer started up the programme for them.

After looking at about a dozen, the screen went blank and the title ‘Petite-Fleurs’ came up.

“Oh know that means little flowers Willow said, and they began to see the prettiest dresses Buffy and Willow had seen so far.

“Oh – oh look – can you just imagine little Lily and Poppy in that – they’d look SO cute!”

“And look, they do it in bigger sizes too, so Charlotte can wear one too!” Willow said pointing to the screen

Buffy clicked the mouse button and paused the screen. The assistant came over and smiled, saying

“You’re having little ones as well as a matron of honour – how lovely!”

She left and came back with a dress to fit the little ones, then one that would fit Charlotte.

“What do you think Buffy, reckon they’ll look like little princesses?”

“Reckon so…”

“Sure you don’t want to shop around a bit more?”

“No – no, my mind is made up - I’ll take the three of them please – and I want some ballet pumps to match”

“Certainly madam…”

“Buffy – what are they going to carry?”

“Well little fresh flower baskets I hope, why?”

“Oh…I was just looking at these dolly-bags, these little draw-string bags here”

“They are nice…perhaps I’ll get one for you, you can keep tissues and a lipstick in there for us”

Buffy took one of the bags and put it on the counter, as she did, a sparkle caught her eye and she went over to the tiaras.

She chose one for Willow and Willow put it on.

“How will you be having your hair?”

“I’m not sure – how do you want my hair Buffy, up, down?”

“Tonged into ringlets and then tousled to look slightly wild!”

Everybody grinned, and the assistant said,

“Well, in that case, can I recommend…this one?” She took down a clear acetate box and opened it. She slipped the tiara out and slid it into place on Willow’s head.

“It’s got slightly more height at the front, and it will sit better than a small one that could look lost”

“Yes… I see what you mean, I’ll take it, thanks!” The assistant took it to the counter along with Buffy’s credit card.

It was then Buffy saw the shoes to die for.

“Oh god aren’t they beautiful – do you have these in size – hold on…I’m an English size 6?”

“I know we do, they only came in yesterday – we have them in snow white, pearl white, ivory, cream or we can have then dyed any colour you like”

“Ivory please” The assistant left to go to the stock room and Buffy sat down and took off her shoes, and turned up a cuff on her boot-cut jeans.

She borrowed a pair of ‘pop sox’ and tried on the shoes – they fitted like they’d been made for her and Buffy was over the moon with them.

They assistant boxed the shoes and tiara, put the dresses in fabric zip-up covers and bagged up the tiara. She also sprinkled a handful of perfumed silk rose petals into the bag.

“And I hope you have a wonderful day – if you’d like to email a picture of your wedding day you will be put on our wedding site for a month”

“Thanks – I’ll do that”

“Can I ask where you’ll be getting married?”

Buffy told her and the assistant said it was beautiful there, she knew of it. When Buffy said WHO she was marrying, the lady looked even more impressed.

“He’s a rock star isn’t he?”

“Used to be with the Vampyres – actor now, the new Dr How in fact, filming at this moment!”

__________________