Author's Chapter Notes:
One more chapter to go, and that's it!
Chapter 15

“Be with you in two babe, okay?” Spike said

“I’ll come down to reception to meet you”

________________________


“………So Gez shouts cut, but because of the costume, the guy can’t hear him, and he keeps on hacking and bashing away and the poor guy he’s standing over, so the horror on his face is for real and not acting!” Spike said.

Buffy and Willow grinned, Willow saying,

“So, is this your first proper movie?”

“Well, scripted, yes. When I was with the Vampyres, we had a film crew follow us around, when we did the festivals the one year, all very Spinal Tap it was, Rack just acted like an arse most of the time, and Sweetly was always off his face – mind you, we slept in some disgusting places…the one time, it rained so bad, our van was up to the wheel-arches in mud…Eugh! (He shuddered)

“When have you got to go back?” Buffy asked

“Tuesday morning, first thing. They’re doing battle scenes and want to check out the CGI bits” Spike said, and then he continued,

“So I thought we could go home, get Willow settled and show her where they’ll all be staying for the wedding. How’s the shopping going!”

“Well, we went to – oh…don’t listen to me, I’ll let Buffy tell you – oooo I’m SO excited!” Willow said grinning, going slightly red.

Buffy smiled and said,

“Well, the bridesmaids are sorted, I’ve got my shoes, veil, tiara for Willow and the florist said she’d get back to me on Tuesday and tell me what flowers will be available in June, then I can discuss napery colours, and the menu with Mrs C”

Spike nodded

“I must see about getting a morning suit, do you want me to wear a top hat?” Spike asked, running a hand through his hair.

“Oh yes, top hat and tails” Buffy said with a grin.

“We’ll hire them then…so that will be me, dad, the best man…and the ushers, one, two, three, and two ushers… - two ushers will be enough, won’t it?”

“Yes, there aren’t that many coming form my side” Buffy said.

“I’ll have to see dad – find out who’s got to come, looks bad if I accidentally leave someone off the list…

“Well, shall we have something to eat and then set off for home, all packed Will?”

“Yup, just got to get my wash-bag stuff from the bathroom, and then check-out”

“Um, I’ve done that” Spike said.

“What?”

“Checked you out – I’ve paid, it’s only fair”

“Oh Spike, thank you, you needn’t have done that!”

“Yes I did, now, no more about it, come on me lovelies, I’m so hungry, I could eat a scabby horse between two bits of bread!” Spike said standing up off the bed he’d been sitting on.

“EWWW…what a lovely turn of phrase you have – NOT! Anyway, I don’t know about that, what did you say, a scabby horse? (Spike Nodded grinning) – But we DO know where we can get nice fried chicken parts covered in yummy stuff…come on!”

“Lead me to it!”

______________________________


It was dark when they finally arrived at Carrisbrooke, but from the electric gates at the top of the driveway you could see the house illuminated with all the outside lights that were subtly placed in the gardens.

“Oh wow Spike…it looks like – well, a palace!” Willow stared in wonderment. Spike grinned and slowed the car.

“It does look impressive all lit up like that doesn’t it!”

Buffy had rang Mrs Callendar to tell her they were half an hour away, and she said she’d be ready for them.

___________________


“And here, is your en-suite – oops, sorry, walk-in wardrobe-come-dressing room…this (she opened the door next to it) yeah, this is the bathroom” Buffy said

“Wow…it’s even more posh than the Dorchester…mom and dad will just LOVE this!”

Buffy smiled and said,

“Mrs C said dinner in an hour, so I’m going for a shower, if you need anything, pick the phone up and dial 10, that’ll put you through to our room”

“Thanks – and all my stuff un-packed and put away for me!”

“Yup, while we had tea in the lounge, great isn’t it! - Oh, anything you want washing, leave on the chair by door”

“Okay, thanks – will you come and get me coz I’ll get lost trying to find the dining room from here!”

“Sure, see you in say, ¾ of an hour? – We can have a quick drink before dinner then”

Willow nodded and Buffy left for her shower.

_________________


Spike pounced on Buffy and made her giggle as soon as she walked through the door.

“Come here you…haven’t had chance to say hello to you properly yet…” Spike homed in and gave her a breath-stealing, toe curling kiss!

“God I missed you last night!”

“It was only one night!” Buffy said kissing his neck, smiling

“Ah-ahahahah – I know – careful else I might just do…this!!” Spike swept her up in his arms and threw her on the bed quickly following her and he sat astride her.

“I told Willow I was going for a shower!”

“Well, you can shower after!”

“After what?” Buffy said grinning, reaching for his zipper………

“After this…”


__________________


The phone rang, Buffy grabbed it and said,

“Just coming Will, sorry!”

“Okay”

Buffy said to Spike,

“I’ll see you downstairs…god, hold on….where’s my antiperspirant…god have you seen my hair, why didn’t you tell me it was all mussed!”

“Will you relax babe” Spike said sitting up in bed grinning at her

Buffy squirted under her arms and said,

“She’s gonna know I didn’t shower!” Spike grinned and got out of bed. Buffy couldn’t resist smacking his bare bottom and she giggled and ran away.

“I’ll get you back!” Spike said as she went through the door.

__________________


“That lamb was the best lamb I’ve ever eaten – it was just SO tasty!” Willow said

“It’s from the farm here…I was thinking of having crown roast of lamb as one of the wedding breakfast dishes. I always think it’s called a breakfast, no matter what time of day it is!”

“You’ll have to show me the menus”

“Will you have pudding?” Mrs C asked, taking the plates away

“Pudding?” Willow asked

“Dessert – proper term is pudding” Buffy whispered

“Um, er – are you having any Buffy?”

“Chocolate sponge, with a melted chocolate centre, caramel sauce and whipped cream, I should say so!”

Willow grinned and said, “Sold!”

“Spike, what about you?”

“Hmm – what’s that love?” Spike was reading a letter.

“Can’t that wait?”

“Well, I suppose, but there’s that much here, I’ll be up till well gone midnight, now what was the question again?”

“Chocolate sponge?”

“No thanks…I’ll just take a coffee into the office – I’ll leave you two ladies to talk, there’s a couple of phone calls I’ve got to make”

“Is everything alright, you look serious” Buffy said, she herself looking worried now.

“Yeah, don’t worry, I’m sure” Spike gave her a smile, but it didn’t reach his eyes and Buffy began to worry even more.

Spike helped himself to coffee while the girls chatted away.

He went to the office, opened the door and switched on the light. He sat at the desk, and started up the computer. Using his own private passwords, he opened up his personal files, Accounts – TAX He glanced at the letter and typed in Tax year April 7th 2006-April 6th 2007. He studied the figures he’d got in his file against the ones on the letter and let out a huge sigh of relief, the ones on the letter were seriously short on what he’d paid out. That was one valuable lesson his father had taught him, was to ALWAYS do his own tax returns and signing of cheques, never let anybody else do it, then they couldn’t fiddle you.

After a few phone calls, Spike closed down the computer and took his letter and empty coffee cup into the sitting room where the girls were watching TV with the rest of the bottle of wine they’d opened for dinner.

“Everything alright babe?” Buffy asked

“Fine!” Spike bounce-sat on the sofa and grinned

“Shall we go out for a drink?”

“Show our Willow some of the locals?”

Buffy looked at Willow and said

“Will?”

Willow grinned and said, do I have to dress up?”

“Nope, jeans and a tee shirt are just fine” Buffy said taking in her friend’s attire.

“Might need a coat though, it’s a bit chilly!” Spike said.

They stood and Spike switched off the TV, and Willow said, I think I can find my way back to my room…”

“Lead the way then Red!” Spike said.


Buffy put on a little mascara, and then said to Spike,

“HOW MUCH!” In shock

“I know, I’m glad I checked, anyway, there is NO WAY I owe the Inland revenue £4 million pounds, we did one tour here, and cut one album here, the rest of the work we did in America – I was only in England 7 weeks that tax year, we got virtually nothing from that album sale, thanks to the dick-head manager we had at the time putting it on the net. People we down-loading it for free, I don’t think we sold 200,000 copies in the end. Anyway, ready pet?”

“Ready!” Buffy said, zipping up her padded body warmer with thick knitted sleeves.

“Let’s go!”

_____________________