Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you enjoy it
Chapter 16 Here Comes the Bride


Below are photos of Buffy’s wedding attire, the bridesmaid’s outfits, flowers and chocolate wedding cake. 1. Wedding shoes 2. Her dress (In Ivory, not the light gold shown, and don’t forget to click on the thumbnail photos at the bottom to see the back and front properly! 3. Willow’s dress in the green. 4. Lily, Poppy and Charlottes dresses. 5. Wedding bouquet 6. The chocolate wedding cake.

http://www.weddings2go.co.uk/Details.cfm?ProdID=696&category

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?page=1&style=S5261

http://www.flirtprom.com/dress.aspx?page=1&style=P1445

http://www.flowergirldressforless.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Flower-Girl&Product_Code=5336I&Category_Code=Green

http://www.wedphotos.com/resources/bridal_bouquets/048.htm

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1240/1294990041_01ab5151bf.jpg



Time flew. Everything had been planned and done down to the last detail. Cottages on the estate had been cleaned and ready for the American guests to stay in. A Live band had been booked for the evening, as well as a Violin/cello/piano trio to play in a ‘chill-out’ room if things got a little too noisy for the more mature guests. Spike’s Dr How film, ‘The Revenge of the Extermibots’ was in the can after 6 weeks. Buffy flew back to America for a dress fitting and to make final arrangements for Willow to move into her house. She flew back to England and it was three weeks before the wedding. The invitations had been sent out over a month previously and they’d had virtually all the acceptances back, bar one or two.

Buffy’s dress had arrived at Carrisbrooke by FedEx, and it was perfect. Mrs Calendar said it was one of the most beautiful dresses she’d ever seen, and it had been hung up in a spare room where it had lots of space so it wouldn’t crease. The morning suits had been hired, the men were going to wear top hats and tail coats in grey, with black pinstriped trousers, white shirts and waistcoats with a sage green swirl on it. Buffy wanted her hair to be a mass of tumbling curls and waves, and as her hair wasn’t quite long enough, she had had extensions put in whilst in America. They looked really natural, and even close up you couldn’t tell. The menu had been finally decided upon, and they were going to have the following:


The wedding breakfast:

Lobster tails with angel hair pasta with a truffle dressing
OR
Very light cream of herb soup
OR
Wild Boar pâté with brandy and pink peppercorns, side salad and Melba toast

oOoOoOoOoOoOo

Loin of Gloucester Old Spot pork, with a Calvados (apple brandy) cream sauce
OR
Roast rib of black Aberdeen Angus beef with Yorkshire pudding
Both above served with a selection of lightly steamed summer vegetables and
roast/boiled potatoes
OR
Vegetarian option:
Stir-fry of firm marinated tofu with mixed Chinese vegetables in a lemon sauce with.
soft noodles

oOoOoOoOoOoOo

3 three bite-sized desserts on a plate:

Raspberry cream swirl cheesecake, mini chocolate sponge with a gooey chocolate fudge
centre, and a mini tropical fruit tartlet served with whipped cream.

oOoOoOoOoOoOo

Cheeseboard with a selection of English cheeses with crackers and grapes

oOoOoOoOoOoOo

Café, Port, Brandy and liqueurs

~~~

Champagne or the appropriate wine for the meat/meal would be drunk throughout the meal.
On entering the reception after the wedding people would be greeted with a glass of Champagne and caviar and sour cream blinis, smoked salmon canapés and quails eggs, langoustines, smoked chicken bites.

The evening reception was to include a collation of cold cuts, whole cold poached salmon, various salads, buttered rolls, chicken drumsticks, quiches, cheeses and chips and dips. There would also be a Barbecue outside the marquee.

Buffy and Spike had chosen snow-white linen tablecloths, with dark green napery, with posies of mini summer roses and star-gazer lilies in peachy colours, apricots and gold for the table centres. Pillars had trailing ivy wound around them and sparkling crystal covered butterflies were hidden onto it to catch the light. They were also placed on the curtain swags too.

Large flower arrangements were also place on plinths around the room and gave off a beautiful fragrance, and well as being beautiful to look at.

A week before the wedding everybody arrived from America, and were allocated a cottage, they came to the ‘big house’ for their meals. Ira Rosenberg was having the time of his life playing golf and fishing! Bernice loved the country walks, the ‘quaint’ Englishness of the village with it’s pub and little shop-come-post office, the narrow winding lanes and the sheer slowness (or so it seemed) pace of life. Xandy came with Willow’s parents and Willow and Ford took it in turns with Joany and her husband Dean to look after him. For Joany England was really ‘home’ although she’d lived in America for nearly 50 years – she thought it was fantastic to be back!

Young Charlotte, like all children had put on a growth spurt, but luckily the dress still fitted her fine, and she absolutely loved it, and would tell anybody and everybody she was going to be a princess flower-girl bridesmaid at a rock star and actress’ wedding! Poppy and Lily, the teenies looked absolutely adorable in their sweet little dresses, and looked like little fairies with the circlets of freesias and sweetpeas on their heads.

They both as a couple said a resounding NO! To a film company filming the wedding and the lead up to it, they’d also declined a magazine deal for the wedding pictures, they both thought as one it was distasteful and ‘tacky’.


‘Chopper’ Harris, managed to get to England in one piece, he said he was tickled pink to be Spike’s Best Man, He’s even had his hair cut in honour, and couldn’t wait to be wearing a Top Hat!
The girls took Buffy out for her ‘hen’ night, and the lads took Spike, but they were careful to do it midweek before the Saturday wedding so they would both have clear heads!

The night before the actual wedding Buffy stayed in a cottage with Willow, Ford went and stayed in Carrisbrooke. The wedding was booked at the St Georges church at 12 noon.

For tradition, the girls had given Buffy a blue garter, and Joany had leant her some beautiful diamond earrings. Bernice had given her an old lace handkerchief that had belonged to her mother, and Buffy was very touched, and on the morning of the wedding, when the buttonholes and bouquets from the florist were delivered, Spike had a present for Buffy sent to the cottage. Buffy standing in the bedroom of the cottage in her new silk underwear, her hair in curlers. She opened the velvet box to reveal the most beautiful heart-shaped diamond necklace, Buffy read the note with it,
‘To my beautiful bride on our wedding day, you captured my heart, so this one is for you, love always, your William’ tears sprang to her eyes and all the ladies clamoured around to see what Spike had sent her.

“Oh buffy, that’s SO beautiful!” Willow said – having said that, they ALL had tears in their eyes, then Joany said,

“Hey come on girls, the make-up ladies are here!” Buffy put on the necklace, it would look perfect with the borrowed earrings and the dress. The makeup lady said Buffy had perfect skin, and gave her a very light dusting of a pale gold ‘bronzing’ powder, a subtle milk and dark chocolate sparkly eye shadow, and put on some extra false lashes at the corners of her eyes to make them look large and dewy, with two coats of lash-lengthening mascara. A peachy gloss for the lips and a very light brush of peachy-pink blusher on her cheekbones completed the look, Buffy was very pleased, her hair also turned out just the way she wanted it too!

All morning the stable girls had been polishing the coach and horse brasses until they shone. Buffy was to ride to church by horse and carriage, with Ira to give her away.

Buffy’s new English friends arrived, Kit and Bel, and they dressed the little ones in their flower girl dresses. Charlotte arrived with her mum and couldn’t have been more excited if it had been Christmas, her birthday and the summer holidays all rolled into one!

‘Chopper’ came for the ladies in a limousine, and only Buffy and Ira were left at the cottage.

“I couldn’t be more proud of you than if you were my own Willow, you know Buffy, you look so beautiful!”

“Don’t start me off Ira, but thank you – there’s nobody else in the world I’d have wanted to give me away!” Buffy warned with a smile. Grinning at her he crooked his arm and offered it. Buffy took one last look in the mirror and turned smiling, taking Ira’s arm and walking out to her waiting carriage.

The sun shone bright and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. The gardens looked immaculate, Buffy knew that the staff had been working extra hard to make sure that everything was just perfect for the day. She could see the car park full of big expensive cars, there were Lords and ladies, Sir’s and people from all walks of life, from musicians to actors and actresses, to a farmer and a judge!

The staff lined up and waved and cheered as she went by in the carriage, Buffy waved to them.

They arrived at the church and Buffy was helped down. Joany put Buffy’s dress straight and the bridesmaids and flower-girls took their place. Light music was been played on the organ, and sheer devilment made Chopper whisper to Spike,

“Got a Harley parked around the back if you’ve changed your mind?”

Spike grinned and said,

“Not on your life Chopper!”

Just then the organ began to play the Wedding March and everybody stood. Spike and Chopper moved out from the pews and waited at the altar. Spike turned and the sight took hid breath away, she looked SO beautiful coming down the isle towards him, she looked ethereal, glowing, smiling she reached him

“Hello – spike are you okay?”

“Hmm? – Oh god you’re real, you look so…I’ve never seen you look more beautiful, if that’s possible!” Spike said

Buffy blushed and glanced away smiling. The organ music died away, and the vicar began


“We will sing hymn number 137, Praise My Soul the King of Heaven”

ater the hymn had finished the vicar said,

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the sight of God to join this man and this woman together in Holy Matrimony, will anybody with just cause or impediment know why these two should not be joined, ye are to declare it” there was silence, all that could be heard was the birds singing. After a few seconds the vicar continued,

“Who giveth this woman?” Ira placed Buffy’s hand and gave it to the vicar, then he took his seat.

“Elizabeth Anne, will you take……will you take this man to be your lawful wedded husband? – Will you love him, comfort him, honour and keep him, for as long as you both shall live?

Buffy smiled and said in a strong voice,

“I will”

“William Rupert, will you take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife, will you love her comfort her honour and keep her for as long as you both shall live?

“I will”

“The rings please” Willow passed Buffy Spike’s wedding ring, and Chopper gave Spike Buffy’s ring, after patting down his pockets and nearly giving Spike a heart attack!

Rings and vows were exchanged, the little ones were perfectly well behaved and after signing the register, they emerged into the bright afternoon sunshine.

They had hundreds of photographs taken and it was filmed too. The little ones were very patient and very well behaved.

By now people had drank the Champagne and eaten all the canapés and appetizers and were ready for the wedding breakfast.

At 2.30pm they sat down and ate, at 3.45pm there was the speeches, and Chopper was very gracious, and didn’t tell any risqué stories about Spike!

The day went on and turned into evening, the barbeque was proving popular with the younger guests, and most of the older crowd had gone to the ballroom and was enjoying the chamber music being played by the trio.

Buffy changed out of her wedding dress just before 10pm, and at 10.30 the fireworks started, lasting half an hour. They were spectacular, even Joany said they were exceptional!

The drinking and dancing went on well into the night, and Buffy and spike went up to their room at about 3am!

They just had time to try and snatch a couple of hours sleep before being taken to the airport to fly out to the Caribbean, they were going to a yacht owned by one of Rupert’s friends.

When they got back, Buffy took time to learn everything she could about Carrisbrooke, and sometimes did the afternoon tours through the house telling the guests about the house’s history and stories of past occupants. She also got an afternoon chat show of her own which became very popular, and there was talk of switching it to a nationwide evening show. Spike continued acting and also took up music again, bringing out an album of different material than he was used to, but initial sales proved it popular. Spike also wanted to move into directing, and three years later he directed his father Rupert in a remake of the Classic film Jack the Ripper. It went down a storm with the critics. Oh, and Buffy and Spike also collaborated on a production of their own………and there is to be a new edition to the Giles’ family household in the autumn!

The End