Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay, we've had a child in hospital
Chapter 4 Starting New Traditions………

“…………You should have seen her face, as soon as I said that she should have read on the English law, about titles and such only going to the first born, and Farquhar came out with that any other children would be lucky to be able to call themselves ‘The Honourable’, but not if they were a bastard – which is the correct terminology used in the law she crumpled – pounded her fists on this big guys chest.

“She’d got a nerve!”

“I’ll say, anyway, did you get what you wanted shopping wise?”

“Uh huh. But…um…where’s your Christmas shopping?!” Buffy asked as innocently as she could.

“Ah, you mean where are your presents?”

“No! Yes!” She grinned at him.

“I knew you’d go mooching, so I sent them on to Father Christmas”

“What’s mooching?”

“Searching and looking for them, so you could have a prod, poke, shake and feel of them!”

“I wouldn’t!”

“Oh yes you would you little madam – anyway, don’t you worry, they’re safe”

“So I’ve got more than one?”

“Might have”

“More than…two?”

“Not saying”

“Tell me”

“No…..and you can get that look off your face too!”

“What look?” Buffy did her best to look totally innocent.

“That, ‘I’m totally innocent – but I’m gonna get it out of him if it kills me’ look!”

“Don’t know what you mean!” Buffy said trying hard not to smile.

“I think you do – come here you little minx!” Buffy squealed as Spike caught her around the waist, flipped her up over his shoulder fireman style and smacked her butt!

“Let me go!”

“Nope, not until you promise to be good!”

“I’m always good!”

“Hmm…depends”

“On?”

“What’s at stake. You gonna be a good little girl, remember, Santa’s watching you, he might just by-pass this house if you’re naughty?!”

“He wouldn’t dare – not if he wants a glass of milk and a cookie” Buffy said matter-of-factly!

“Glass of milk and a cookie? – He’ll be giving this place a wide berth for sure if that’s all you leave him! No, He wants a nice large brandy and a mince pie at least!”

Spike let her down and put his arms around her.

“Mincemeat, did you track some down?”

“No…but I got the ingredients to make some – might not be so good as it should mature really, but you’ll get the idea, sweet, fruity, spicy and boozy”

“So you want Santa DUI?” Buffy shook her head and continued,

“It’s YOU that’s naughty!”

They stood cuddling for a few minutes saying nothing, until Buffy said,

“Spike”

“Yes love?”

“Should we invite your dad for Christmas lunch – I didn’t think”

“I asked him what he’s doing, and he promised one of the cast he’d go to them. He’s coming to Joany’s party the day after Christmas though”

“Good. She throws great parties does Joany!”

“I’m starving, missed lunch – any ham left in the fridge love?”

__________________

“Oh god I can’t believe mom kept these still – we must have made them when I was about 7 or 8!”

Buffy held up a choir boy made out of a paper cone and a paper ball for a head. Two semi- circles fringed with lashes and a little ‘o’ for a mouth made the face, and a little pipe-cleaner hands held a hymn book.

“Aww sweet, put it here, next to the ‘Baby’s first bauble” Spike said. Buffy put on the tree and dipped back into the box and came out with a little plastic snowman.

“Oh God, this was nana’s!” Buffy said hanging it gently on the tree smiling fondly, her smile turned to a frown when she saw the state of the fairy, however.

“Oh, but look at Tinkerbelle…she’s seen better days”

“All she needs id a new dress – it’s easy to make one out of crepe paper, I watched Nanny make lots of little tutu’s for some little girls to play cygnets back at Carrisbrooke years ago – she just got a long strip of white crepe paper, folded it in half, did a running stitch along the folded edge and pulled up the gathers, pinned it around the girls and it looked like a real sticky-out ballet dress! They wore white swimsuits underneath and had to dance about the garden like baby swans, they looked really good too.”

“I’ll get Willow to help me tomorrow, she loves messing with glitter and card and stuff” Buffy said

The doorbell rang.

“That’ll be the pizza – money’s on the hall table pet, tell him to keep the change”

Spike made sure all the bulbs were in tight on the string of fairy lights, and then draped them over the tree.

Buffy came back into the lounge with the pizza box, sides, and ice cream.

“I’ll just put this in the freezer until we’re ready” She said, indicating the ice cream.”

Have draped the lights, Spike plugged them in, and stood ready at the power switch

“Ready, then? – Three, two, one -!” He flipped the switch and the tree light up with multi-coloured lights. Spike adjusted them slightly and stood back and asked,

“Well what do you think?”

“Oh Spike! It looks very pretty – now come on, food’s getting cold!”

_____________


Spike got into bed, Buffy was in the bathroom. He lay there on his side, head propped up on his hand, his elbow on the pillow.

Buffy came in the room and slipped off her robe, she was naked and slipped into bed beside him.

Immediately he reached for her and kissed her. Buffy responded eagerly, hooking her leg over his hip.

Spike kissed her again, and then he moved to her neck, knowing the spots that got her hot, softly bite-sucking, but not enough to leave a mark. She urged him her body surging forward at the feel of the suck on her neck below her ear, and where her neck joined her shoulder.

“Please, more” she begged him and Spike happy to oblige laid his lady love on her back, kissing down the slope between her pert breasts, sucking her nipples in turn, making Buffy writhe and moan with pleasure. His hand skimmed over her stomach, down to the soft scrub of her neatly trimmed curls, her legs parted for him and he teasingly slid his fingers back and forth over her outer labia making her very wet. She bucked up, but maddeningly Spike kept on teasing.

Buffy pulled his head to her and caught his lips in an searing hot kiss, her tongue battled with his for supremacy, she tore her mouth from his and bit his neck, sucking and Spike could feel the pull of her suck – he was as hard as steel, the tip weeping it’s sticky fluid. Buffy’s small fingers gently closed around him and she slid her thumb back and forth over the tip, her thumb circling where his foreskin was attached driving Spike wild, she let his shaft go and reached lower, cupping his balls and softly rolling them. He moved between her legs and took himself in hand, lining up at her wet entrance, before surging forward and burying himself inside her heat. Buffy cried out arching her back as he surged inside her, again and again, going deeper with each thrust. Buffy keened, begged him harder, faster, and Spike was happy to oblige, until he felt the first involuntary clench of her inner muscles, her eyes glazed over and she begged him not to stop, Spike reaching the point of no return swiftly coming in short hard gasps as he rode out the after-shocks and ripples of her fading orgasm, he collapsed, sated but taking his weight on his forearms. Buffy smiled and kissed the top of his head

“That was…incredible!”

Spike smiled and made a contented sound, and then carefully moved off her. He reached for a wad of tissues from the nightstand and handed them to her. They snuggled up and were soon asleep.

Buffy woke to the smell of coffee, bacon and toast. She went to the bathroom, and when she came out, spike was just coming upstairs with a laden tray. She scooted back to bed and they enjoyed an leisurely breakfast together.

“Christmas eve – I can’t believe it’s here already – tomorrow I can open my presents!” Buffy said hunching up her shoulders excitedly, making Spike grin.

“Tell me about your memories of Christmas at Carrisbrooke” Buffy said.

“Okay, well, one year, when I was 12, I desperately wanted a bike. When I came home from school, it seemed like every kid in the village had one except me. Anyway, Christmas Eve came, and there was nothing remotely bike shaped under the tree – I was so upset, I decided that Christmas morning I was just going to stay in bed and not get up at all. Well it came to about 10.30am and dad came up to my room and knocked on the door. I feigned sleep and he left me for another hour. Then I could hear both he and Mrs Callender talking outside my room. She knocked, called my name and I wouldn’t answer. She came in and sat on the bed, and smoothed my hair back. I told her to go away and she wanted to know what was wrong………I told her all I wanted was a bike so I fitted in with the village lads, and how I knew I hadn’t got one. But she just said to me how there were lots of children who wouldn’t have anything at all, not even food to eat and I should be grateful for what I DID get………so I got dressed and went down stairs………after I’d opened all the presents from under the tree that were mine, dad called me outside – and then he gave a whistle, and Charlie, remember him, Charles Kingsley-Houghton – (Buffy nodded) well he came out from one of the stables wheeling a brand new shiny bike – a Grifter, just the one I wanted – god it was brilliant! I remember they had a hard time getting me in for lunch!”

“Little brat!” Buffy said smiling.

Spike stuck his tongue out and waggled it at her, and Buffy shivered giggling.

“The following year I got my first electric guitar…so kitten, what about you, was it all dollies and prams?”

“What – no way. At thirteen, I was into clothes and makeup! Not that mom would let me wear any – not in front of her anyway! I used to get a complex coz it seemed everybody bought me bath stuff – thirteen is a rotten age to be a girl. You’re not a child, but not an adult – I’d never played with dolls, I didn’t like playing dress-up either, I remember one year I got a nurses outfit, and I used to make my cousin Derek wear it…he lives in San Francisco now, he organises Gay Pride and stuff… - ha! Just kidding…I had this dolls head that you could style the hair and put makeup on it. I used to put the makeup on me, one time I left it too near the radiator and it kind of melted the one side…used it for a Halloween thing then!”

“Wasn’t there anything you really wanted?”

“Oh yes, a pony. I was going to keep him in the back yard, and spend my pocket money on hay and apples. I wanted him all white and I was going to call him Snowflake”

“But you never got your dream?”

“No, and good job too! I befriended a new girl at school coz she really HAD got a pony and I went along to go riding with her once. I was bit on the shoulder by bad-tempered brute called Trojan, who made me sneeze from the minute I got on him, until the second I got off – I was supposed to be sitting in the saddle, concentrating on sitting up straight and while the pony was trotting in circles around the ring. It was all I could do to stay on with these neck-cracking sneeze-outbursts. You should have seen the look on dad’s face when I got home and declared I now ‘hated’ ponies and never wanted one in my whole life! – Don’t think he’d ever looked so relieved!”

“Shall we get up now – we better hit the shops sooner rather than later – there are still one or two things I want to get” Spike said

____________________