Buffy had decided to put the furniture in storage. Buffy told Dawn she could use whatever she wanted to for the new place with Spike, which both sisters had yet to see. Tara had made some suggestions for Buffy's trip, tours that she had heard were good. The time to leave was closely approaching. A meeting was scheduled at the house to discuss the situation with social services. The story was Spike was a family friend and would be taking over Dawn's guardianship for the remaining time she was a minor. None of them knew how long Buffy would be gone.


The whole group was amazed at Spike that day. He dressed conservatively in a pair of dress pants with a cotton button down. He showed credentials as well as all necessary documentation he needed to prove he wouldn't have to abandon the girl due to immigration problems. Spike seemed a good candidate for the job. The social worker seemed pleased the young woman knew she couldn't take care of her sister, also glad that someone the minor trusted and knew would take the responsibilities on. She had seen too many young people slip away because they had no one to provide them with their basic needs.


It was another week before a lawyer met with Buffy to finalize all the arrangements for the house. She would be leaving the next day, Spike promised her Dawn would remain at Revello until their place was ready. He presented Buffy with a cell phone. She needed that connection to Dawn at anytime. Spike knew that and had been considerate enough to have thought of that.


Spike, Dawn, and Tara were with Buffy at the airport. Willow and Xander had refused to see their friend off while Anya had bid her good-bye and good journey on the phone.


The sisters were more than a bit teary eyed as they said their good-byes. Tara spoke softly as she took her turn to wish the slayer luck and a safe journey.


"I'm sorry, I should have known better. I hope you find what you're looking for. We'll be here when you're ready." Tara hugged Buffy, feeling she had got to know Buffy better in the last two weeks than she had ever known her.


It was Spike's turn. Tara took Dawn over the the newstand to allow the supernatural beings to have a moment of privacy.


"Make sure you watch your back." Spike grinned picking up her bag. They walked closer to the gate. "I won't be there to."


"Make sure you watch yours." Buffy retorted. "Thank you." She stood on her tip toes and kissed the side of his mouth. "Take care of Tara too."


"I promise. The other still stands."


"I'll see you again." Buffy hugged him one last time. She motioned for their two observers. They each received a hug and stood watching as the slayer left the hellmouth.


***


The group walked back to Revello. Dawn was quiet, knowing she would be leaving her mother's home the next night. Tara walked beside her knowing her 'family' had been changed. It would never be the same.


Inside Spike, William was mourning the loss of his love. Spike himself, the demon, knew she needed this. She would have given into the death wish completely if she didn't get away soon. He observed his companions, knowing Dawn was feeling quite abandoned. The Scoobies were basically no more. The gang had been broken on very harsh lines. She was being uprooted from everything she knew. He couldn't wait until he could show her their place, Tara too. He had made the decision during the week that she would be staying with them. She had supported Buffy's decisions and helped them when they needed it. She knew where Buffy had been, knew it was a mistake to have done what Willow had planned without further research.


"So, I have a question for you ladies. Tara I know you've got a place, but I think we'd both like it if you considered rooming with us. Right Dawn?" He saw the smile shine through his Bit's face. He hadn't seen that smile in quite a while.


"Would you?" Dawn pleaded. She didn't want to lose Tara too.


"I'll have to see the place. I don't want us all to be stepping on each other's toes." Tara replied. She didn't want to be alone either.


"Let's go check it out then." Spike opened the doors to the Desoto for the two girls. He ran around the car and got into the driver's side. "No peaking now."


"The windows are painted black, how exactly would we be able to do that." Dawn rolled her eyes. They did as he asked though.


The drive was not that long. The car stopped and Spike led each woman out of the car. "Okay, here we are. Open your eyes."


Dawn was more than a little confused and looked to both adults. Spike was grinning like an idiot. Tara had a small smile on her face.


"Let's go inside." The vampire was practically bouncing on his heels.


Dawn stepped in first and saw everything back in it's rightful place. All the furniture was back, everything was just how it was before they had made the decision to sell. "You bought it didn't you?"


"It's your house." He smiled. "Couldn't let you and Buffy have no where to go."


"Thank you Spike." Dawn launched herself into Spike's arms. They discussed the new living arrangements before retiring for the night.


A/N: I know it's a short chapter, but as the story gets further along the chapters will be longer. Reviews are much appreciated.  Also as for the interactions with the social worker.  I am not an expert in family services, I don't claim to be, it just needs to be done this way for the context of the story.