Living with humans was a definite adjustment. Living with two human females was an even bigger change.


Spike had gotten used to living on his own. He had experience taking care of others, but taking care of Druscilla was not like taking care of Dawn. First off, she was a living, breathing teenager. There was the human aspect, mood swings, sunlight, and regular teenage problems. Spike was greatful for Tara. She had agreed to move in. She brought her own issues as well.


There was also the constant interactions with the former Scoobies, they severely dislike the situation. Their first issue was with Buffy leaving Dawn, next came the fact that Buffy left Spike in charge. They were even more furious that Tara was supporting the whole thing rather than her ex-girlfriend.


The situations at the house were worked through. Willow and Xander issues were not so easily swayed. They had often had a social worker over to the house. That lasted for as long as it took for the social workers to realize there was some problems between the group. They only made visits at their discretion from that point on.


***


Over time, Xander and Willow slowly realized they wouldn't be changing the situation themselves. It was time to call in the big guns.


Giles arrived at the Sunnydale airport three months after Buffy had left. He came to humor the children.


After checking into a hotel, Giles made his way to the Magic Box. He knew Anya was the only one there. She was the most blunt and honest of the group. He would get the real reason he was here from her.


"Giles, when did you arrive?" She asked looking up from the morning receipts.


"Just this morning, I checked into the hotel and made my way here."


"Well, Willow and Xander aren't here. Willow's at school, probably trying to get Tara to pay attention to her, and Xander is working."


"Would you mind telling me why I'm here? What was so urgent that they needed me here as soon as possible?" Giles asked, not beating around the bush.


"You know Buffy left right?" Anya began, she continued without waiting to hear his answer. "Well, Spike took over for her. With the slaying and with Dawn. Well, Xander and Willow seem to think she was wrong for doing this. That Spike is still evil and that Dawn isn't safe with him. Oh, and then there's the whole Tara thing."


Giles tuned Anya out as she continued to ramble. He knew most of this, save the Tara situation. He couldn't understand it though. He tuned back into the shopkeeper as she continued the story.


"So they are in the old house again. And that just seemed to piss Willow and Xander off more. She sold the damn thing, what did she expect Spike to do. Just let the house go. It probably means more to him than it did to either of them."


"Excuse me? What's this about the house?" Giles asked, this was new information.


"Spike bought the house on Revello. I figured they would have told you the whole story what with making you travel across the ocean." Anya rolled her eyes, it was becoming clearer that maybe Xander was in the wrong here. Willow definitely was, but she'd had to support Xander until she knew he was wrong.


"How exactly can Spike afford the house?" Giles asked, remembering all the times the vampire had stolen things and asked for money.


***


"Spike, can you check this over?" Dawn asked as she headed into the kitchen. Spike was busy making dinner and ordered her to stir the sauce while he checked the homework. The phone rang and Dawn made a grab for it.


"No, keep stirring, I got it." He made a note of a spelling mistake. "Hello?"


"Spike, hey, is Dawn around?"


"Yeah luv, she's right here." Spike grinned. He set the homework down, took the spoon from Dawn, and handed her the phone.


"Hello?" The teenager looked at Spike quizically.


"Dawnie?"


"Buffy?" Dawn squealed, hugging Spike before going off to talk to her sister.


***


"What's with Dawn?" Tara asked walking into the kitchen. She'd just gotten home from school.


"Buffy." He simply replied.


"The first time she's called hey."


"No, she called a week ago." Spike replied. "I talked to her, she's in Europe, went to see the Watcher actually. She wanted to wait a bit before talking to Dawn."


Tara simply nodded, "so what's for dinner?"


"Nibblet's pick tonight, pasta."


***


"She wants to talk to you." Dawn bounced back into the kitchen, handing the phone to Tara. She grabbed the plates and began setting the table.


The conversation was light, mainly small talk. Tara could feel that Buffy was starting something very interesting. Something that would be good for her.


She passed the phone to Spike while she got serving bowls out and ready for the meal.


"Where are you now?"


"Italy." Buffy grinned. "It's gorgeous."


"It is." Spike agreed.


"Dawn told me about the house. You shouldn't have."


"Hey, I like this place, it's mine now." Spike defended his position.


"I know." She responded shyly. "Are the others around?"


"No, they're setting the table. What's up?"


"Giles should be there tonight. He didn't know about the house either, cause I didn't know until today, so I couldn't tell him while I was there, and ..."


"You're rambling." Spike smiled, he could see the blush that would stain her cheeks.


"Right, well, he'll probably be by to see you after seeing the gang."


"Thanks for the heads up, he just pulled up." Spike covered the mouth piece of the phone, "Dawn, set another place, the Watcher's here."


"Thank you for this Spike."


"No need luv. I better go, got a dinner to serve."


"I'll call again, talk some more."


"Have a good time luv, and say hello to your friend."


"How?" Buffy asked completely confused.


"Vampire hearing pet. Watch your back remember."


"You watch yours." The call disconnected. Spike returned to his newly domestic role. Buffy returned to her 'friend' who spoke very little English.


A/N: Thanks to those who have reviewed.  Make my day.  The food that feeds the imagination, so all are muchly appreciated.