A/N: Thanks for all the lovely reviews, keep them coming. Once more, there is mention of Buffy/Other, just have faith that it will be Spuffy.

"How can you not support Xander?" Willow demanded. She didn't like the fact that fewer people were seeing their point of view.

"It's not about that." Anya shook her head. "I realize that our decisions are not what matters here. We ripped her out of paradise. Basically sentenced her to hell. She needs to find reasons not to give into her death wish."

"Her what?" Willow's face showed her confusion.

"Why do you think Slayers always die so young?" Anya scoffed. She went back to the counter, putting the inventory aside until Dawn returned. The younger Scooby had become a great help. By doing all the menial tasks, she allowed Anya to concentrate on sales.

***

"Giles, I need a favor." Buffy spoke into the phone. She'd been gone several months now. It was March already.

"What is it Buffy?" He asked, sipping his tea.

"I want to go back to school. I have the money, so it's not about that. I just need to give them your address. I don't have a permanent one right now and I'd like it to be a surprise for Dawnie if I get in. If I don't, I would rather not disappoint her."

"Of course. That's all you needed?" He asked, knowing she needed to discuss something more. They had been having several indepth conversation since she had left Sunnydale. Buffy began telling him things he had never known. She shared the pain of her return with him. He had no idea if she was truely in heaven, but it was her paradise.

"Today, yes, that's it. Thank you." The rest of the conversation consisted of the usual small talk. Where was she? What was she going to do while there?, etc.

***

"Come on Spike, we're going to be late." Dawn called up the stairs.

"Hey, we explained about my condition. They agreed to do this on my time table." Spike stated walking up the basement stairs.

"Yeah, and the sun set fifteen minutes ago. Hurry up. I don't want to be taken away."

"They won't. Geez girl, they have no reason to." Spike hugged her knowing she was scared of being forcibly taken from her family. Even if neither of the residents of Revello Drive shared her blood.

They were meeting with their social worker and Dawn's teachers. Neither knew what the meeting was about and both were worried. Spike knew he would never let anyone take Dawn, but somethings he may not be able to stop.

The meeting was held up longer than Dawn and Spike's arrival. Her social worker had been called on an emergency. The teachers, the vampire, and they key sat waiting. The time passed in awkward small talk. No one wanted to start without the last member of the group.

When he finally arrived, they began the meeting.

***

Tara was waiting when they got home. She had hot chocolate waiting for them, complete with mini marshmallows.

"How did it go?"

"You want to tell her or should I, Bit?" Spike asked.

"We don't have to worry about them anymore. No more surprise visits, no super close watching. We're safe." Dawn grinned, jumping around the kitchen.

"That's great." Tara grinned, looking to Spike for more of an explanation.

"Her grades are up, she's been attending every class, not hanging out with Janice so much. That I think is the biggest improvement. Her sticky fingers were stopped before anything too horrible happened. Her home life is a stable and nurturing environment." Spike rolled his eyes, he looked about ready to puke from the words. It made him sound not at all like the Big Bad. He hated it, but he wouldn't trade it for anything.

"Done your homework?" He asked his charge.

"Yes Spike." Dawn rolled her eyes. "Um, since it was good news, I was hoping I could go out tonight."

Spike shook his head. "It's late already Dawn and..."

"It's just to the movies with Amanda and Cassie, they want a chick flick night."

"And it's late and there are any number of nasties out there."

"How about we go pick up your friends and some movies and veg out here?" Tara suggested, knowing Spike wouldn't let her out after dark on her own. She also knew Dawn had earned a movie/friends night.

"Would that be okay, and since there isn't school tomorrow, could we make it a slumber party?"

Spike actually looked scared now. He was fearing for his sanity. He may have lived with an honest to god nut case, but dealing with three teenage girls would send him over the edge. "Only on a few conditions."

Dawn grinned and hugged Tara. "Thanks." She whispered.

***

The phone rang as Spike sat on his bed. He was locked in the basement and wouldn't be leaving until they were all gone home. Two friends had quickly turned into five. He ignored it, figuring it was for one of the girls upstairs. He shuddered to think what they were plotting up there.

Tara knocked softly on his door, entering after he had given her permission. She had the cordless in her hands, "Buffy, for you." She smiled handing him the phone.

"Hello luv?"

"Spike." She spoke, the pain evident in her voice. "He left."

"What happened?" Spike relaxed back onto his bed knowing this would be a long conversation.

"Joshua, he left me." Buffy cried. "He had another girlfriend and a wife."

"That bastard." Spike was outraged. He may be a vampire, but at least he was monogomous when he was in a relationship. "What a bloody moron. I should rip his thought out. Or better yet, make him come here and be subjected to the hell that's upstairs."

That earned a laugh. "I heard about the sleepover." She giggled.

"There's the girl I know." He smiled. "Now tell me what you've discovered this week." It had become a ritual to discuss things she'd found that were pretty good reasons to stick around.

"Not men that's for sure." Buffy scowled.

"On be half of my gender, hey."