A/N: I know it's been a long time since I updated, won't go into the excuses. Sorry for the delay.

Nearly a year had passed since Buffy left. Xander and Anya had put off the wedding. The Buffy situation had thrown their relationship for a loop. They didn't agree and it was a big issue for them not to agree on. Willow left Sunnydale. She had gotten too far into the magics. They began ruling her life. When she had tried to make things change to her liking, Tara was hurt. She knew it was wrong, all of it. Giles returned, he took her to a coven. She needed to learn what she had done. What she was capable of and how to control what was inside her.

Willow had been gone for three months. She was staying in England, with Giles. He was out riding one morning when the letter arrived. It was addressed to Buffy. It was from Sunnydale. Willow sat and waited for Giles to return. She had expected him to be alone, he wasn't.

***

Tara walked in the door to Revello, she was so happy to be back here. After two months in the hospital it was such a joy to be able to come home and be surrounded by the comfort this place provided.

Willow had gotten horribly embroiled in the dark magics. She had begun spells to change the things that had happened. She wanted to make things right. The first thing she wanted to change was Buffy being gone. She was in the middle of the spell when Tara had walked in. From there it went down hill. Tara had tried to stop her ex, but Willow fought back. When Tara was lying on the floor, blood pooling around her, Willow finally realized what she was doing.

There was little if any chance they would work things through this time.

"What's wrong pet?" Spike asked as he walked down the hall to greet her. He had been so good to her since close to the beginning of her relationship with Willow. It had changed when Buffy had died and came back, especially knowing she had played a part in taking her happiness away. They were outsiders, Dawn, Spike, and her. They had banded together then, and through the year living together.

He had been especially attentive to her since the incident with Willow. Taking care of her while in the hospital and ever since she came home. He was family. "I'm okay, just tired is all. Finals are over now though. It's been tough, with missing the classes. Thanks for the help with that by the way."

"I lived it, no sense in you not using the knowledge." Spike helped her to the couch, she was still shaky on her feet. "Sit, I'll make you some tea." They had shared so much in the past year. Spike would protect her like he would any of the people he cared about. He had felt guilty when Willow had hurt her. He was supposed to protect her too. He'd promised. It had taken a long while before he knew that he couldn't have helped her.

***

"Hey Willow." Buffy smiled as she put her bags down on the floor. Neither woman made a move towards the other. Giles stepped around Buffy and headed to the stove, readying the kettle. "It's been a while. I heard what happened. How's the training?"

"Good." Willow's demeanor was cold. She knew she was wrong, it still hurt that her old friend hadn't come to her for the help she needed.

"Good, that's good." Buffy stated ackwardly. She didn't know what to say to Willow. They hadn't really talked in so long. Not like her communications with the others. "Oh," Buffy reached for her letter finally noticing it for the first time.

***

"He knew didn't he, before he arrived in Sunnydale, he knew." Willow asked from the doorway. She had stopped to watch Buffy unpack. The Slayer seemed happier, more grounded than she had since before her death, before Joyce's death even.

"I came here." Buffy shrugged, not feeling the need to explain her choices, they were hers. "I told him."

"Why couldn't you have told me?" Willow came into the room, sitting on the bed beside Buffy's suitcase.

"Because I couldn't." Buffy replied.

"But why?" Willow whined.

"This is why." Buffy replied. "Now if you'll excuse me I'm a bit jet lagged." Buffy motioned to the door, holding it open for her to leave.

***

The scars were minimal, but she could still see them. They were a reminder, of what she'd done, and where she was now. She rolled over in bed. Looking to the nightstand, she contemplated the unopened envelope propped against her lamp. It was time to see where she'd end up.

***

Tara had slept most of the afternoon. She felt rested, it was a blessing. Her sleep had been troubled since returning home.

"What do we have on the agenda tonight?" She asked as she entered the kitchen.

"I'm working, Anya wants to get ready for the sale tomorrow." Dawn replied.

"I'm patrolling." Spike replied. "I'll be by to pick you up at nine bit, don't care if you're not done, you have school work."

***

"Hello?" Tara asked when she answered the phone.

"Tara hey, how are you?" Buffy asked.

"I'm good. Got a good nap in this afternoon."

"That's good to hear. Sleep is number five." Buffy had shared her list with Tara on one of their many conversations.

"What were the first four again?"

"Family, food, love, and sex. But not necessarily in that order." Buffy smiled as Tara giggled. It was a good sound. She hadn't heard it in too long a time. "Are the others around?"

"No, Spike's taking Dawn to work and then he'll be patrolling."

"Good. There's something I wanted to tell you, and it's a surprise for them." Buffy began explaining herself to Tara.

~~~~
As always reviews are appreciated. Thanks, Jordy